Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

This was the only shot I hit with my driver the other night.

76795420-3489-4017-8A06-CBA1F9C0FF1F_zpsscwbyapd.jpg

This is what I was seeing with what I would call decent range balls.

8usy9ymy.jpg

This is exactly what I saw Saturday. Same swing speed, same carry. And yes, with range balls.

Sorry Pete, but yeah I hit that one pretty well haha

Sorry Pete, but yeah I hit that one pretty well haha
You don't have to apologize for anything. I think the device shows exactly why you see two different carry differences (within ONE YARD) with two different swing speeds.

Now I'm off to find some impact tape and get to work....

I had my first range session yesterday with the SC100. I was using some shaft testing for the Morgan Cup, so it was perfect time to bust out the the SC100. The range I usually go to, it's hard to tell exactly where the ball is landing so it's tough to compare distances. The SC100 came in handy in not just letting me know the differences between ball and club head speed but also distance. I was testing 130 gram C-Tapers and X100s and Aerotechs 95 g. The SC picked up a slight uptick of club head speed with the 95 gram shaft vs the heavier 130 g. Distances seemed pretty accurate to me.

Being able to see smash factor is a great feature. Seeing the efficiency or lack thereof kind of made me pause and focus on delivering a solid swing rather than just swinging hard. I didn't get into the practice mode or random mode but that is something I am excited about trying.

I may have to grab one of these....I am finally starting to hit the ball solid again but I am carrying the ball further than I used to....need to dial in new numbers.

Ok, you guys have me interested enough in one of these that I'm checking them out on eBay. This place is just bad for the bank account. :banghead:

man you guys sure do swing fast

This thread has definitely peaked my interest in one of these! Would be wonderful with new irons to get my numbers figured out!

:eek:pens wallet:

man you guys sure do swing fast

Swing fast and hope you hit it.

I'm not sure I want to see smash factor or ball speed. I can figure the smash factor roughly in my head, but seeing it also kinda helps. Do you flip it to mode to see SF?

Swing fast and hope you hit it.

I'm not sure I want to see smash factor or ball speed. I can figure the smash factor roughly in my head, but seeing it also kinda helps. Do you flip it to mode to see SF?

You just do it via the remote.

I prefer ball speed, you can see changed in where you hit it on the face etc.

I think ultimately I'll be leaning towards that as well. Fun features though, hard to not want to try everything and push buttons

What's funny about this, is that smash factor registers more for me for some reason. Same swing speed, loss of distance, 1.25 smash factor comparied to 1.47 is easier to understand for me.

I'm glad it has both, and that it is so easy to toggle between the two with the remote.

What's funny about this, is that smash factor registers more for me for some reason. Same swing speed, loss of distance, 1.25 smash factor comparied to 1.47 is easier to understand for me.

I'm glad it has both, and that it is so easy to toggle between the two with the remote.

Makes perfect sense dude, I lean towards the ball speeds just because I like to see that for the sake of reviews and what the impact is there on toe/heel/high/low. Useful little sucker.

This thread is really making my wallet worried. Thinking hard about buying one of these.

I'm the opposite. I can understand 3-4mph difference and how it feels and looks, but 1.45-1.49 doesn't make me care enough to figure out what it is.

I'm the opposite. I can understand 3-4mph difference and how it feels and looks, but 1.45-1.49 doesn't make me care enough to figure out what it is.
Haha. I'm not that good. I'm more likely to say "I think I caught that a little fat" and look over and see a smash factor of 0.77.....oof chunk city.

Plus...I was told there would be no math....

Haha. I'm not that good. I'm more likely to say "I think I caught that a little fat" and look over and see a smash factor of 0.77.....oof chunk city.

I'm with you. I like being able to know I hit it solid without math =). I vary my swing speed in practice too often to rely on ball speed numbers.

That's why I like BS in that situation. I know 1.5 is pretty much center of the face for a driver. I have no idea what it is for a wedge. 1.2 maybe? That's too complicated. At that point I'm just comparing it to known carry distance from that club haha

I'm with you. I like being able to know I hit it solid without math =).

I'd rather be looking at whole numbers seeing a speed loss than trying to decipher what 0.05 smash factor difference is.

That's why I like BS in that situation. I know 1.5 is pretty much center of the face for a driver. I have no idea what it is for a wedge. 1.2 maybe? That's too complicated. At that point I'm just comparing it to known carry distance from that club haha
Dean and I had this exact conversation the second time out (first time looking at smash factor). I simply compare shot to shot. If one shot doesn't carry as far as the previous one with the same swing speed, the smash factor (or ball speed) shows why. Why was ball speed only 118 mph and not 123 mph? Why is it showing a 1.23 smash factor and not a 1.45? It's the same thing, just two different delivery methods, and it'll come down to personal preference.

I think ultimately I'll be leaning towards that as well. Fun features though, hard to not want to try everything and push buttons

It's so easy to switch back and forth with the remote.

It is nice being able to see how ball speed/smash factor changes on a miss hit.

I'd rather be looking at whole numbers seeing a speed loss than trying to decipher what 0.05 smash factor difference is.

True if your goal is to hit it a certain ball speed. I like to vary my swing speed during practice which in turns alters ball speed. I like to hit different shots (3/4, knock downs, trap draws, etc) and having the smash show I'm flushing the shot is more helpful than a ball speed number.

Since working with the SC100 I can now move the distance +/- 10 yards on most clubs. I have a harder time doing it on the 4 and 3 iron.

Last edited:
I got mine on Saturday and have been playing around with it a little bit. My legs were sore, and my swing was crap, but this little thing fascinates me. I'm seeing a real difference between shots that feel good and shots that feel like crap; this is validating what I feel. I can't wait to get this to a range and put it to the test with even more clubs.

Back