The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why go taser when I could go all-in? Bullet holes for flips.

Unfortunately I dont think even that would stop my flips

Wife gave the green light for a second range session and look what I see!
e7ube6eq.jpg
aja3eruv.jpg
ysy9aje3.jpg

And I get to get some data!

e7ube6eq.jpg
aja3eruv.jpg
ysy9aje3.jpg

Very niceeeeee! Extremely jealous of the LM session AND the sunshine.

Very niceeeeee! Extremely jealous of the LM session AND the sunshine.

This will be my first experience of flight scope! Awesome

Had a good lesson.

Took some video and he liked everything but the hands at impact, which are still a little behind the ball. I asked the magic question, which was "have I tackled this lower body work to the point I can work on the upper body/flip without having to think about my legs.

My problem is I can't focus on two things at once. Amazingly he said yes and showed me why he was saying it. Happy days.

Swing path is right on plane coming down. Yay.

So, we took some time to get drills together for the flip and staying behind the ball. I'm going to conquer this b!tch. Most impact bag type stuff. In the middle of that he actually smiled and said that's it! Then, I immediately lost it lol. Work to be done, but moving on is a very big step for me. One day closer.

Future lessons are going to be outdoors he if I want. Will have to drive a ways though.

Had a good lesson.

Took some video and he liked everything but the hands at impact, which are still a little behind the ball. I asked the magic question, which was "have I tackled this lower body work to the point I can work on the upper body/flip without having to think about my legs.

My problem is I can't focus on two things at once. Amazingly he said yes and showed me why he was saying it. Happy days.

Swing path is right on plane coming down. Yay.

So, we took some time to get drills together for the flip and staying behind the ball. I'm going to conquer this b!tch. Most impact bag type stuff. In the middle of that he actually smiled and said that's it! Then, I immediately lost it lol. Work to be done, but moving on is a very big step for me. One day closer.

Future lessons are going to be outdoors he if I want. Will have to drive a ways though.

Bro I have hit the impact bag so much there are times I wish it would explode and be gone lol. But the impact bag has helped immensely. The impact bag with a magnetic lie indicator....spear the bag. Obviously this is done in slow motion and not with any force. You doing well bro. Keep working on it.

Bro I have hit the impact bag so much there are times I wish it would explode and be gone lol. But the impact bag has helped immensely. The impact bag with a magnetic lie indicator....spear the bag. Obviously this is done in slow motion and not with any force. You doing well bro. Keep working on it.

Thank you!

I actually use a soft sided medicine ball and the main thing he wants me focusing on is hitting it out and not up. Braced up on the left side.

e7ube6eq.jpg
aja3eruv.jpg
ysy9aje3.jpg

Someone personally own that or is it the ranges? I could use one of those.

Personal! 11k

Hefty price tag. What are you using it for right now? Any specific numbers you are keeping an eye on?

Hefty price tag. What are you using it for right now? Any specific numbers you are keeping an eye on?

Look for club path, spin and aoa on driver. Got about 15 min on it and showed me that aoa is avg +0.5. Spin was 3300 avg. Launch 15 avg. With big bertha 10.5 fubuki z x flex.

Frick, I'm excited about practice again. I was sort of getting weary of the whole thing. I finally felt the speed last night that I lost over a year ago and have had that feeling on my mind since last night. I even went out and snuck in some swings on the impact bag this morning after taking the garbage out. Can't wait to really dive in over the coming weeks.

Had a revelation at the range just now. My hands at address.

Some how, some way, they've gradually moved even with and even sometimes behind the ball. The result? Flipping at the ball and major distance loss.

As soon as I moved my hands back in front of the ball, I started to see my distance coming back. My 140 yard 8 iron jumped up to 155. My 135 yard 9 iron jumped up to 145.

I know I still have to work on resisting the flip, but I am glad I found one of the leading indicators today.

Today's session completely obliterated the memory of the last 2-3 terrible sessions. The grass area opening up really exposed how fat and badly I was hitting irons on the mats, and I was getting down on myself. My old OTT move was back in full force, leading to weak slices and just terrible shots. My weight transfer was non-existent.

I made an effort to slow down, and really feel my weight moving, to the point where once again I let my left heel naturally come off the ground by an inch or two at the top of the swing, then I slammed it down to start the downswing. I also noticed that my hands were flying out on video, so I just kept thinking "move the weight and drop the hands". After some badly thinned shots, I got the hang of the move and my 7i was heading dead straight 150 yards. I almost started laughing. I made my way through the bag with really good success. I'd say 3-4 out of every 5 shots were good, with some weak slices thrown in when I wasn't getting the weight forward enough. 3 wood was just dead straight, something I've never done before. It's always had a bit of a fade.

I don't know how long I'll keep the slight heel lift, but as long as it keeps working, I'm sticking with it!!!!

So-so range session. My irons were decent, was hanging back a bit early. Fairway and hybrid are just lethal for me right now, I actually stay in tempo and balance with those whereas you put a driver in my hand and I turn into a mental midget every other swing and get out on the toes again. Blah. But the way I hit the 5w, I should use it more off the tee, I mean that.

Then did putting competitions vs the HS #1 bag for an hour and a half, lost by 3 but it was a blast and a great way to see all sorts of putts all over the greens. Though the pro holes can kiss my ass. Hahaha

I had a productive session today working mainly on punch and knockdowns as well as cleaning up my full swing. Was inconsistent through the first 50 balls, but found letting my hands feel as though they are dropping from the top immediately improved my ball striking. I finished up striking the ball very well for the last 25 or so balls and left the range feeling pretty good. Hopefully I can ingrain that feeling on the course soon.

Mediocre range session tonight, I had other things on my mind. Did some solid work on the putting green though. I was focusing on a short backswing and accelerating through the ball. I really was able to put a good roll on the ball with this method.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Smacked the medicine ball around tonight. Going to try for 50 swings a night for the time being.

I had a 3 hour practice session today.. Yes 3 hours. Hit about 110 balls. Worked through my bag and saved the last 30 for a green 100 yards away hit my 56,aw, and pw at the flag trying different flights. After that I went to the short game area and chipped and putted

I had a 3 hour practice session today.. Yes 3 hours. Hit about 110 balls. Worked through my bag and saved the last 30 for a green 100 yards away hit my 56,aw, and pw at the flag trying different flights. After that I went to the short game area and chipped and putted

Watch out Finley, the Dos has TexasHacker primed to be gunning for ya! Nice work dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back