Bad news: No golf for me for a while

Get better soon!

Huge bummer about the wrist, take care of it and make sure you're 100% you don't want to mess around with an injury like that.

Get well soon Erky. I bet graphite shaft and no mats will help after your recovery.

That sucks man hopefully you can recover and be back to full strength soon

If you want any advice about the wrist let me know. I really hurt mine pretty bad a few years back now and it has gotten a lot better now. Feel better buddy!

Get well soon. In the mean time there's always beer.

Sorry to hear this Erky. Get to feeling better, maybe you can still work on your putting a chipping?

I'd bet you're game can get into shape rather quickly. Let things heal up and you'll be sticking those crazy approach shots from the rough, over water, and with the ball below your feet in no time.

when i had sprains from tennis or bball in high school i would soak for 30 min or longer in a hot water bath with a cup or two of epsom salt. it helped me. maybe it's some kinda placebo effect, but it probably won't hurt.

Injuries are awful. I am a bit dinged up now, but thankfully, I am working through it with ice and Tylenol. Get well soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Just caught up with this, partner. I hate to see that. But, give it the time that it needs. If you rush it, and aggravate it , you'll just be on the shelf longer. Hope to see you back in action soon.

No bueno. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the news. Last September I got tossed out of a golf cart (no alcohol was involved) and broke my left wrist in two places. I had to have surgery to repair the break, as well as another to open up the nerve passages. It's been a long road back, but I've been out on the course for about six weeks now. The hand is still no where close to normal, but at least I can play. Hang in there ; it gets better.

Currently going thru tendonitis with my left wrist. About 6 years ago hit a tree root and it was my right wrist. Missed 8 weeks with that one. Using a wrist brace and trying to play thru it this time but its not getting much better so I am going to shut it down so I don't miss too much of summer.

Man that sucks.....get better soon

Get well dude, I hate to hear about any injuries that prevent a golfer from playing. Take the needed time you'll be better in the long run for it.

Not going well mentally. I am starting to dream I am playing. Heck, I even dreamed a full range session last night, and I never go to the range.

I've got a bad right wrist that has kept me from being able to play at times, so I know where you're coming from. I now wear a splint/brace thing at night so I don't do anything to it while I'm sleeping. Good luck to you, and I hope you heal quickly.

I have been dealing with a wrist injury that just keeps getting worse. Gonna have to hang it up for a few weeks, and will likely have the wrist in a splint until Love is in the Air, where I expect to play quite poorly.

Erky

Try to find a chiro / physio in your area who specializes in A.R.T ( Active release technique ) Seen these guys do some amazing things - definitely worth a shot.

I wanted to post this for you Erky...This is what my wrist looks like on a decent day after practicing for a little:

Spoiler
wuo6dx.jpg

I still can play golf even with how bad the injury was and in all honesty there isn't much pain anymore (it gets a little stiff at times but stretching helps that) so don't be down. I know you can get back to playing soon!

Ouch. Looks way worse than mine.

I "feel your pain" - I've been injured and unable to play since Feb 2013!! I'm 4 surgeries in and still not better. There's a real possibility my golfing days are over... #SoSad

I have been dealing with a wrist injury that just keeps getting worse. Gonna have to hang it up for a few weeks, and will likely have the wrist in a splint until Love is in the Air, where I expect to play quite poorly.

Sucks to hear that man. Heal well, quickly and fully.

Back