2014 #TheKing - Live Update Thread

Congrats Team Harry! I knew you guys could pull it off. Thanks for all the updates!

Considering where my game was at this weekend, I played outta my shoes. Couldn't ask for better teammates or competitors.

What a first class event put on by Thp and Callaway. Simply amazing

absolutely a fantastic weekend following along with the matches. This has been the most intense event I have followed on THP ever. Some fantastic gawf played by everyone from the sounds of it.

Congrats to team Harry!!!

Congrats Team Harry! Great event! Was a blast following along all weekend! Everyone comes away winners! Some unbelievable golf played by everyone! Way to bring it.

Just buckled my trophy & creation into the seat for the haul back to Georgia. I'll check back in later. Big recap coming from in a few days. Safe travels everyone!

Great seeing you Barry. Congrats on the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering where my game was at this weekend, I played outta my shoes. Couldn't ask for better teammates or competitors.

Played out of your shoes doesn't begin to describe it, loved playing with you yesterday even though I was playing like I'd just picked up a golf club on the last 5 holes. Had a blast lazy river-ing and boozing it up with you too, can't wait to see ya at the next event.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Great weekend and congrats to Team Harry for their victory. ?

I met so many awesome people this weekend . Safe travels home everyone ?

Just catching up now. Congratulations to Team Harry!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dude played well.

Great event THP and Callaway! Will be looking for this next year!!

Congratulations to Team Harry for the win, but congratulations to everyone involved for putting on such a good event

Been a busy day but followed along when I could and it has been fun

Not sure if mentioned but Miller Time and TeedUpThoughts bring home MVP and a year supply of golf balls from Callaway.

Dang heck yeah! That's awesome.

Congrats to Team Harry! Loved following this thread this weekend. Good job to everyone who got to play in this great event.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I have to check out everything now, I was down at Jekyll Island all weekend involved in a tournament of my own. Congrats to Team Harry on your victory. What little I have seen so far looked awesome, happy to see that everyone had a blast.

69 today and won by by 4 points.

Way to shoot, Tadashi! Seriously good round.

This is so weird from me to be on the sidelines waiting to find out the winner just like everyone here. The suspense is brutal!

Now you know how we feel during the big events, GG. :comp:

The winner of the 1st ever #Theking is team @HarryArnettCG defeating team @HashtagChad in a very close match.

Yesssssss! Way to come back, Team Harry!

That was a heck of a shot out of water, and great coverage too!

I'll second these sentiments. Very gutsy shot, and getting it with some good video was great.

I am so proud of all the King participants on both sides. It has been a lot of fun to follow you all through the journey of selection to preparation to the event itself. From what I read this weekend, it sounds like the level of play was very high which is a testament to that preparation. I cannot thank the participants enough for taking the time to make all the posts, take all the pictures and Vines, and generally share this experience with the forum. You all did a fantastic job!!

Thank you to the guys from Callaway (Harry, Chad, Finley, and Scott) for taking the time out of your busy schedules to come participate in an event like this with our THP family. While the equipment, apparel, and trinkets could have been sent to the event, having you guys actively involved in the competition was an extra element that really lead this event to be what it was. Even though I have been a Team Harry supporter from day one, Chad lead a great and spirited opposition, is a great sport to take the in jest abuse that we have doled out, and is a major asset to Callaway Golf. We are all better for getting to know these gentlemen, so thanks again for all that you all do for us.

I said something similar to this after play yesterday, but this event would have been an incredible replacement for the Morgan Cup had JB not had second thoughts. I think in several ways this event has improved upon things that historically have been problematic with the Morgan Cup. Every participant got to have the exactly same sponsor experience and the competition aspect stayed friendly and light-hearted in the build up due to Harry and Hashtag being the "faces" of the two teams. I know there would be something (not sure what exactly) that JB and GG would tweak if this event was to return, but even from afar, this was clearly an exceptionally conceived and run event. Kudos to JB and GG for the vision and execution.

Congrats to all who participated. Seems like thp found the magic recipe for taking fun golf to another level.

Recap thread coming tomorrow fellas.

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend and being a part of #TheKing

thanks to you for all the updates!!

Congrats everyone on a successful event and to Team Harry! Well done everyone.

What an event. Lots of great golf played by everyone it seems.

Congrats to Harry and team. Also to Chad and his band of 9, really great competition to follow.

Thanks to JB and GG for having the vision and dedication to put on such an event. And of course big time thanks to Callaway Golf, Harry, Chad, Jason and Scott for the time and efforts on making the dream a reality.

#LongLiveTheKing

Last edited:

Absolutely cannot wait for all the recaps.

Wtg team Harry, I knew he would be king!

Back