Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Irons Preview

It was the same ball, Nike xi's. I actually went back and hit Covert forged again along with AP1 and I ended buying the AP1s. I also hit the Covert again and they still seemed pretty soft to me on centered shots, but on misses? Oooooph! Both the Bio cell and AP1 had better feel on those shots off the toe and towards the heel.

As far as looks, I like shiny things. But the top line and sole throughout the set look much better on the bio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Were you hitting these off of mats? I wonder if that is what the difference is.
Obviously different strokes for different folks when discussing subjective matters like feel, just was curious because we have had quite a few test these sets side by side and had said the exact opposite, me included.

Very interesting. Were you hitting these off of mats? I wonder if that is what the difference is.
Obviously different strokes for different folks when discussing subjective matters like feel, just was curious because we have had quite a few test these sets side by side and had said the exact opposite, me included.

This weekend I will be hitting both and several other clubs at a large demo day..This will be the first time I will get to hit all the clubs outside. This will be very informative and probably be the deciding factor on which clubs I choose.

It was off of a mat, and that could be one of reasons. They could feel awful off of grass. Like you said though, it's subjective.

This weekend I will be hitting both and several other clubs at a large demo day..This will be the first time I will get to hit all the clubs outside. This will be very informative and probably be the deciding factor on which clubs I choose.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

It was off of a mat, and that could be one of reasons. They could feel awful off of grass. Like you said though, it's subjective.

Sure is. Its why we take things such as feel very lightly. The smallest things such as grip will make as big a difference or more than a club head when you think about it.

I always loved a + sized woman, hello beautiful!

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Sure is. Its why we take things such as feel very lightly. The smallest things such as grip will make as big a difference or more than a club head when you think about it.
Interesting thin just happened. I was talking to a guy about buying a new set of 2.0s he was getting rid of. This started last week before I decided on the irons I bought. I asked him why he was getting rid of them and he told me that he lived the way they felt in the store, but he took a demo to hit off of rasa and didn't think it was worth $1100 when he could get Something else of higher quality.

I always loved a + sized woman, hello beautiful!

You know...Mr Best keeps tempting me with the + . But I'm done trying to be something I'm not right now. Nothing wrong with GI irons....one of the things I've learned here. :)

Absolutely dude, you can't go wrong with the regular Bio Cell either, I think both just may be the best clubs Cobra has had in a good while.

Absolutely dude, you can't go wrong with the regular Bio Cell either, I think both just may be the best clubs Cobra has had in a good while.

I agree. At first I though the regulars were a bit thick. But as I looked at them more I realized it's not an awful looking club. A little busy, but I've seen far worse. And how often so I look at the top line or the sole anyway? Performance is the name of the game for me now

Im not sure I would consider the plus irons as players irons...I think they fall in between PI and GI. They both have a bit more "help" than what a players iron would give you..IMO

6i bio wowed me again today. Wowza.

Demo days should be picking up around here soon. Can't wait to out these together outdoors! Many a time inside, but I need some turf to hit off of. Mats don't do it for me.

6i bio wowed me again today. Wowza.

What shaft you got in there now?

PXi 5.5 is now installed in a Bio 6i head. Will be hitting today after work on range/course along with 5.5 in XL 7i.

PXi 5.5 is now installed in a Bio 6i head. Will be hitting today after work on range/course along with 5.5 in XL 7i.

Stock. Hawk is sending me an R KBS tour to take for a run.

Going for a full Cobra bag fitting at Club Champion tomorrow. By 2p, my entire bag will be decided.....and you all will be the second to know.....Team Hackers gets priority

Had to reschedule my fitting to this Friday. :(

Cookie is that PXi 5.5 a .355 taper tip??

Yes, I believe that the PXi's only come in tapered.

That's what I thought. Dropped of my 8 iron to have a PXi shaft thrown in there that I picked up and he refused to do the job. Said he will not shim an iron

That's what I thought. Dropped of my 8 iron to have a PXi shaft thrown in there that I picked up and he refused to do the job. Said he will not shim an iron

Wow, shimming is common place man. I've done my own but actually had these done by a local shop.

Thats strange, I've never had an issue with shims, interesting stuff. If you need someone to do it I'd be happy to, will take a bit back and forth, but I'd do it.

I know I'll be going Tour's in mine, still settling the flex. If R+ are an option I'm going there.

And R+ it is. 115g's will be ideal for me.

Crazy excited.

I know places near me that won't deal with shims either. It's frustrating.

I like the sounds of that. A lot actually.

Just makes sense, keeps me in the weight range I like, the feel that I love from the Tours, and then helps add a little launch from the S's. Heck to the yes!

Regulars....PXi 5.5, 2* Up.....BOOM!

Back