THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't trust my handicap at all..... Some of this is believing in myself, and trusting my game enough to let it happen.

I don't trust mine anymore either after being called a sandbagger all weekend :alien:

I try to keep telling myself to not worry about my HCP but in all honesty its a little bit if ego. I'll admit it. I want to be single digits. Can I get there in 3 months, almost certainly not. But I am going to try my best and see where I come out.

Its why I asked people to play a different course, that is tougher than they normally play. That is the true identity of the player more so than figuring out the greens and miss areas of a tough home course and going from there. Its why some indexes travel and others do not in my opinion and happens so often at THP Events.

Its why I asked people to play a different course, that is tougher than they normally play. That is the true identity of the player more so than figuring out the greens and miss areas of a tough home course and going from there. Its why some indexes travel and others do not in my opinion and happens so often at THP Events.
I've got to do this....the vanity HC is for the birds....no pun intended

I'm pretty excited for this revision. I'm hoping to see single digits for the first time ever.

Hahaha. Hilarious.

Oh, you were being serious.

And for those who play in money games, an expensive experience!!!
That's true..... I've never played in money games either.

Here's where I'm at right now

eqa4e7u6.jpg

Playing again this weekend and hopefully playing some tougher tracks as the season progresses

I truly was not singling you out. I was just speaking based on my own personal index and where it is headed. I do understand that its shooting potential, not average score, but the rating plays such a large role and so many of them are screwed up.

Oh I know broseph. Iron sharpens iron. That's why a thread like this helps motivate people.

That's true..... I've never played in money games either.

It's every single weekend for me, should I opt to play. 30 in. Last year I more or less broke even which is great, but there is absolutely no room for a vanity low cap when you give up 14-15 to some guys.

30 isn't to bad.....I had visions of $$$$. That would just tweak the nerves lol. But giving up that many pops is rough too

30 isn't to bad.....I had visions of $$$$. That would just tweak the nerves lol. But giving up that many pops is rough too

It adds up when it's 20 for a cart at your home course, plus the drink or meal that follows the round. Quite a bit to drop on a Saturday playing a home course haha!

Keeps me competitive though, which is great for experiences like the Morgan Cup. Suddenly playing for something doesn't have the kind of shock value it might for other, more casual players.

I like the idea actually....I find that when I play with a purpose I stay mentally engage a lot better. I play match play against Matt and we work out strokes. I've shot better rounds when he's playing well and making me work for it.

I love getting people off of their home course to a tougher (usually tighter) course see how their handicaps travel. Some travel well but in my experience 60%+ do not. I know I have to be more focused when playing a new course.

Unfortunately for me, mine seemed to travel to Vegas all too well.

Like most my index has crept up this spring though I've been playing all winter. Once I break through a short game mental block I should drop into the mid to upper teens fairly quickly(even with the obligatory blow-up holes).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I know I definitely have to get out to a much wider variety of courses. My home course is tough, but I know it so well I shoot better there than a lot of others I don't play often.

I have a high rated home course that I play well which helps keep the cap down in a big way.

Still 16.3 but trending up to 16.9 after last weekend's cavalcade of double bogies. Lots of rain this week and caddying for a buddy who is playing in a county amateur tourney, so I'm looking to get out Sunday for 18 and then maybe 9 after work one day.

Driving is much better, putting stroke feels and looks better. Just need to trust my swing with my irons on the course. Still too tentative and not willing to take chances.

Edit: Looked at and posted the wrong hcp number. I have a USGA one and then another for my amateur association.

I am trending to 10.1. Was up to 10.8, then down to 9.5... inconsistencies plague my game right now. Will be working to keep the swells down and get the low points lower.

Another raise today, still not sweating it.
Every physical element has improved this year, hitting the ball better than ever, more often than ever, but my biggest issue right now is mental.
The looser shots, poor decisions, bad breaks, and even slow play are getting into my head and taking their toll.

I'll be re-reading some Rotella I feel.

Last three scores puts me trending from 9.8 to 10. So be it and it will probably get worse before it gets better, long term improvement.

Oh I know broseph. Iron sharpens iron. That's why a thread like this helps motivate people.

I like that phrase. I may try to use that one day.

I'm gonna be going up soon if I don't watch it and get my long game figured out. My irons have been on point, but the woods and hybrid have been taking me out of the game from the beginning of the hole.

That being said, IF I can get that figured, I think I'll be dropping like a rock, because the rest of my game is solid right now.

Revision Day!!! Mine hasn't changed this morning but can't wait to see what it turns out to this morning. Kinda nervous but am praying I will finally be under a 18 Handicap.

I thought revision day was tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back