2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the first workout in Phase 2 of Suspension Revolution. What a lame name. Ha.

Hell of a workout though. Upper body. A lot of one legged or multiple part exercises that were pretty tough. I was able to get through it in 45 minutes though, which is pretty good for me.

And now intervals are done for the day. Feeling great. My new pants I bought three weeks ago are already getting loose.

And now intervals are done for the day. Feeling great. My new pants I bought three weeks ago are already getting loose.

Maybe your wife can put darts in them for temporary fix. It sucks but loose pants from losing weight is a fantastic problem to have.

Maybe your wife can put darts in them for temporary fix. It sucks but loose pants from losing weight is a fantastic problem to have.

Certainly could be worse problems - that's for sure! I almost went a size down with a stretch waist when I bought these. Regretting not doing that now, but too late.

Had an awesome workout last night. Legs day always rocks. PR'ed squats with 2 reps at 315. Followed that up with some kettlebell step-ups, sumo dead lifts, hip abdudctor/adductor and leg extention/curls. Dont feel too bad today, but know that second day sore will kick in tomorrow.

Going rock climing tonight at a new place called Central Rock Gym. I havent been on a wall since elementary school probably, so this should be interesting and hopefully a great workout.

CVX last night. Really solid workout. I really like p90x3 so far.

Been kind of stagnant with the traveling, but continuing down this path to reach my goal come July. Diet has improved (still dont like it), but taking in less calories and better calories is a big part of it. I expect to be half way to the goal in the next 3 weeks and then continuing to get there till #THPMC

I've said it before and I will say it again. The snatch grip high pull is a fantastic exercise. I have no idea why I wasn't taught it sooner.

Been kind of stagnant with the traveling, but continuing down this path to reach my goal come July. Diet has improved (still dont like it), but taking in less calories and better calories is a big part of it. I expect to be half way to the goal in the next 3 weeks and then continuing to get there till #THPMC

Those better calories are key. Its amazing how much more energy I have when eating smarter.

I've said it before and I will say it again. The snatch grip high pull is a fantastic exercise. I have no idea why I wasn't taught it sooner.

Better buy some new dress shirts. The snatch grip high pulls (awesome exercise) are going to build a giant yoke. Just look up Steve Pulcinella.

Better buy some new dress shirts. The snatch grip high pulls (awesome exercise) are going to build a giant yoke. Just look up Steve Pulcinella.

That's the plan!!!

I fight shoulder tendonitis. Lifts like high pulls and cleans are great for building scapular stability. I have become kind of addicted to them

Blu, figured since you brought up shoulders I pose this question to you. One arm significantly stronger than the other, what's your thoughts on just working on strengthening the one arm without causing damage. I ask this question because my left arm/shoulder is quite a bit weaker than the right due to injuries when I was younger and I have never gotten them back or even close to even since. Actually anyone with some advice would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, another good night of cardio in, it's awesome how I can see my stamina increasing and able to go at it longer.

I've had shoulder issues awhile back. I stopped doing any lifting above my head and started keeping everything at shoulder height. Things such as partial upright rows, front raises and leaning shoulder shrugs really helped on strengthening them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First day of T25 is in the books!!!

Nice Christian. I just did the speed 1.0 workout. I think you will have that on day 2

Yup. I'm looking forward to it!!

Blu, figured since you brought up shoulders I pose this question to you. One arm significantly stronger than the other, what's your thoughts on just working on strengthening the one arm without causing damage. I ask this question because my left arm/shoulder is quite a bit weaker than the right due to injuries when I was younger and I have never gotten them back or even close to even since. Actually anyone with some advice would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, another good night of cardio in, it's awesome how I can see my stamina increasing and able to go at it longer.

I will sometimes do unilateral work. I always use the same weight but dumbbells or kettlebells. My right shoulder is a mess from pitching so unilateral work helps improve mobility for me.

First day of T25 is in the books!!!

I implemented T25 into my P90x3 workouts. So far I enjoy what T25 has to offer.

Did hill work tonight. 5min uphill then 2:00,1:40,1:20,1:00,:40,:20. Toast.

I would definitely work both sides with the same amount of weight. Dumbbells for presses but don't focus on presses.

Push-ups are good (great for scapula support). Learn cable floor to neck pulls or cable to to face pulls. Cleans, and high pulls are good. Shrugs are good. Dumbbell Scaption to shrugs is great.

And last but certainly not least snatch grip high pulls!

Chugging along. Sub 200 officially for the first time in four or five years. Been waiting awhile to see that number 1, so good deal. 15 more would be awesome. 20 more would be incredible.

Chugging along. Sub 200 officially for the first time in four or five years. Been waiting awhile to see that number 1, so good deal. 15 more would be awesome. 20 more would be incredible.

Yes sir! Good job buddy

Well done sir!

Thanks guys. It's hard to notice when you look at yourself every day, but I have this fat face picture of myself on my PC as a reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back