2014 #TheKing Was Here - Video & Recap Thread

When Thursday came, I was 100% in king mode, and basically already checkout of of work for the week. Had some minor delays trying to get out of Sioux Falls but it ended up only putting me 2 hours behind schedule, which worked out because it was when Alek was coming in anyway.

Anyway, I touched down in ORL and went down to grab my golf bag. I didn't realize the area where bags came out was different for oversize bags so a minor panic set in. Whew. I navigate through the airport and meet up with Rancy (Sparks) and Ray (TUT) at a bar where I made it just in time for last call. "I'll take a tall one please!". Just like every other time I have met THPers for the first time, it felt like we had known eachother forever. Great group of guys to meet up with. We went down to the rental area to meet up with Alek (captain caution), who was getting the effin minivan for us. He picked the only rental company that had a 2 hour wait line.. or at least it seemed. Rancy and Ray get our their phone (this was when Ray still had a working phone :laughing:) and proceed to give Alek tandem Siri instructions to the hotel. We decided not to grab a snack because we were saving room for the BBQ the next evening ha. Everyone got settled into the room and Rancy pulls out his portable hotel room out of his suitcase and makes his setup on the floor for the night. Alek got the side of the bed he requested, and Ray was snoring like a baby, or something. Lights out came quick as we had to be up bright and early to make our tee time Friday morning.

We got up bright and early Friday, got ready, and headed down to the breakfast area and ran into 7-8 other THPers. It was a good time to meet everyone else and reconnect with a few old faces. Time with THPers never get old. Never. We check out and head down to the resort only a few miles away. Everyone is there and by that time I think I met all the THPers that were part of the event. You could tell it was a great group of guys and was gonna be a great weekend.

For the practice round at National on Friday morning, the pairings were messed up because some people had to shift around and I ended up playing with Alek, Rancy, and Curt (ArmyGolf). We had a blast out there. The fogged rolled in for a few holes in the moring, and I had my fair share of good and bad shots. Me and Alek decided to play a match play to warm up for the competition coming in the next few days. He ended up getting me 1up but we learned a lot about eachothers game and no one ever had more then a +2 lead either way. Curt and Rancy bothed played pretty well and we all walked off 18 with a big smile on our face.

After the round we had a few hours to kill so we decided to meet at the pool area and hang out. It was great to sit down with 6-7 guys and just talk life. The trim was out, the sun was shining, and the drinks were cold. The lazy river was calling our name and it was a perfect decision mid afternoon to beat the heat a little bit. We hung out for a bit more before it was time to clean up and get ready to meet our Captain and assistant Captain and figure out our first round matchups.

We were ready to go up to the Captain's sweet (see what I did there :D) about 20 minutes early and holy sh*t, those 20 minutes felt like 2 hours. Anwyay, the rooms were all prepped when we got there and it was everything and more then we were expecting. Chad and Scotty were two of the most down to earth guys I have met and I couldn't be happier to call them my leaders for the weekend. The room was FULL of swag, smelled damn good, and beers were on ice. We really didn't have a strategy for how we were gonna pick teammates, but it didn't matter because we were all too interested in grabbing some food first. Holy crap the BBQ was everything and MORE it was talked up to be. I had to switch to mixed drinks just because I didn't have room for beer after everything I ate. The food was out of the way and we went into battle mode picking our teams and match ups. I was excited when I found I was gonna be playing with Alek in the morning and Ryan (skibum) in the afternoon.

Once we got our lineup, Harry and his hooligans came up for the unveiling of matchups. There were some solid matchups all across the board and the competition part of the event had officially set in. Harry dropped some classic one liners and we all had a great time conversing with everyone. Afterwards we decided to hit the putting green and that turned out to be a blast. People were able to try other putters out, get to know THPers and the Zoocrew better, and also just enjoy the perfect weather and atmosphere. Was a perfect calm before the storm. Ryan was my roomate and we headed off to bed to get some much needed rest before the big day awaited us.

The competition to come later..

I forgot to mention in my last post that after my Friday I spent quite a bit of time on the range with Brett (Golf4Life) working with his swingcaddy dialing in distances and working out some swing flaws from playing golf in a snowsuit all winter. We then went to the practice area and chipped/putted for a while as well. I learned quite a bit about smash factors and having a smooth swing from him and really appreciated the help!

Team Meetings:

Miller Time and I paced the room for about 20 minutes watching whatever golf was on TV as we were instructed NOT to be early. We met up with a few of the guys in the elevator up and the guys from team Harry got off on our floor to head to the suite. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when we knocked, but Harry answered the door and greeted each of us, invited us in for a drink and some delicious BBQ. Oh man, those burn ends were something else, and a whole gallon of sauce! The hats were set out in the middle of the table and shirts layed out nicely, and Bertha's hanging back in the corner. Everyone was joking around and eating, to be honest it was a bit quiet for a group that size, but completely understandable considering the presence of food greatness. Harry and Jason were great guys, really don'w to earth and ready to have some fun. We began choosing our pairs for Saturday's two formats and I was fortunate to be paired with Jason Finley in the morning and Harry in the afternoon. It didn't take too long and we headed up to Chad's suite to find out who we would be paired up with. Lots of joking ensued and I found out I was paired against Freddie Kong/Ole Gray in the morning and Hashtag/Jimmy G in the afternoon. Some stout matches! the group headed down to the practice green for a bit, but most people headed in early as Saturday was going to be a long day!

I was a bit excited to say the least and Tapatalk pictures won the match Friday night, sorry to anyone who got dizzy following me.

Saturday AM:

Saturday started off with a bang (literally) as I greeted AKRobby in the lobby I dropped my phone on it's corner and busted the screen to where it was mostly black and cracked in a few places. I was a bit bummed about that, but decided I'd worry about it later and we headed over to the course for breakfast. After the slowest service in the history of restaurants we headed to the range for some warm up and to dial in Bertha. Bertha is a BEAST to put it plainly. I don't think anyone struggled with her, there might be some shaft changes, but for the most part she played well with others all weekend.

I was paired with Jason Finley for the AM round (yes THAT Jason Finley) and contrary to his online persona, is one of the most down to earth relaxed people I know. He has awesome taste in music (my first time golfing with music playing and a sweet golf game! We made an excellent team as I was getting off the tee really well and he has an awesome second shot game. I stuck some wedges from the fringe really close when he happened to miss the greens and it worked out really well for us. Let me not down play the fact that he has serious game! Jason was very encouraging when I hit a bad shot, and it was a really relaxed round of golf.

We played against Freddie and Ole Gray and each had some really good shots and gave us a run for a while. I don't know why, but I was a bit intimidated going in knowing I was playing against Freddie, everyone says he has serious game (and he does) and most of the guys I have played with like that have serious ego to go along with it. That couldn't be farther from the truth with Freddie, he's awesome to play with, encouraging, and I really learned some things by watching how he plays certain shots. Ole Gray has some game as well, and to think he just had a knee replaced is crazy! He hit Bertha onto the longer par 3 green on the international course to set up a win on that hole. They were really a joy to play with and I hope I have the opportunity to do so again in the near future!

Sunday

Sparksjr vs jjmorris

Sunday morning, the last day...everything on the line. I was able to get a good nights sleep but was very tired Sunday morning. I was pretty discouraged by my play Saturday (and the fact my black tie optifit adapter didnt fit Bertha) but was just trying to look at it as a new day. I got my crap packed up, my black saran wrap Callaway polo on and headed to the course. My plan was to play better and let the chips fall. I knew I had to give up 9 strokes and plenty of teammates and opponents told me Jesse was destroying his handicap as well. No pressure right?

I was absolutely horrible on the range Sunday morning. I hit about 15 balls and said screw it and went to putt. Then my partner Bret rolls up with a jacked up belly ache. Nice start right? Luckily we were last off so Bret was able to rest and I was able to relax. It was a blast taking pics of everyone off the first tee and probably a relief knowing there wouldnt be 15 people watching me tee off. The first hole was mediocre with some bad chipping but my putter saved me and I halved the hole with Jesse even with him getting a pop. Things were looking up.

Then Jesse came alive and played very well. The thing is, I didnt play bad but standing on #10 tee box he had a 4 up lead. On #10 he gives me a 5' par putt as he has a pop and a 40' birdie putt. He leaves the first putt short and blows his par putt 5' by. I'm getting my tail beat again, but like I said...I like to see guys play well so I gave him his putt to halve the hole. After that, I was able to make up the 4 strokes and we went to 18 all square and he had a pop. I hated to see him struggle like he did at times but he kept his cool and kept a great attitude.

Somewhere around hole 14 or so we decided not to update the score to our match in the thread because we knew it was close. I'll admit, on 18 I checked the thread and knew Team Harry was up and knew we had the win but I didnt want to lose again. I pulled my drive and Jessee found the fairway, I tried to layup but found the fairway bunker and then the unthinkable happened...Jesse hit his layup in the water. The water on the LEFT...he never misses LEFT! Fast forward...I'm about 60 yards out hitting 4 and Jesse is about 70 yards out hitting 5 net 4. Dude sticks his shot to 5 feet! I was able to get to about 15 feet with my shot and there you had it. I felt like I had to make mine...but I didnt. I told Jesse to hit the putt and not waste that approach shot he hit, I didnt care (hell I almost gave him the putt), but he ended up leaving it just short and we halved the hole and the match. Honestly, I wouldnt have had it any other way.

So all that said and I haven't even mentioned Robby and Bret. Honestly, Bret was in control most of the match but I saw Robby hit some shots that I KNOW had to feel good to a 26 handicap. I mean, they were shots that would have felt good if I had hit them. Robby you are getting there buddy...keep up your hard work and keep you attitude positive. You really made me look at myself and wanna kick my own a$$ for getting down on myself (see: Saturday) when I dont play as well as I want. I would love to have your attitude on the course and I wish you had rolled in that birdie on 17! Oh, and that water shot on 18...unforgettable! I thought is was funny when we got on #1 and Bret tells me he is not going to talk "as much as normal" becasue he doesnt feel well. If that was "less than normal" then I cant imagine what "normal" is! I'm not complaining, it was great conversation about golf and everything else...I'm glad you started feeling better and we are going to tee it up again in 2 weeks!

I had a blast Sunday and once again had a great group of guys to play golf with. Everyone wanted to win but no one wanted thier opponents to fail. Thats what its all about. Thats THP!

Sunday champions celebration and dinner wrap up to come...

Sunday Post Golf

I knew we had won before coming into the clubhouse. I was so freaking excited about winning, getting the crowns, trophies and really excited about the Hall of Fame and maybe even a forum badge! More importantly I had fun, everyone was a class act and I meet a bunch of guys I would tee it up with anytime. Harry, Chad, Scott and Jason were awesome. They all came around and shook our hands and all of Team Chad was a class act congratulating us and just chatting about how everything went. I think it was surreal that it was over but we still had some time left.

The announcement was made, the speeches were made and trophies and pictures all wrapped up. Then here comes Harry and Chad announcing MVP's and giving them a free year's supply of golf balls! Seriously!?! Callaway rocked it...they even picked up a few of the earlier guys lunches. Words cannot describe their generosity and it is still alittle unbelieveable that a company would put that much into a bunch of basement dwellers. I am forever grateful to Callaway and THP.

After the Callaway guys left, JB and the locals were on the road and the rest of us sat down for another round of WGCF (world's greatest chicken fingers). I don't think anyone wanted to leave, we all sat there talking and laughing about the weekend. Finally, though, it was time to hit the road. We got our stuff from the hotel...argued about the ages of some ladies who arrive at the resort by the dozens as we left...and headed to check in. You heard about Ray's phone...so after check in myself, Ray, Alek and Jesse head to Best Buy (matching clothes and all) to get his phone situation taken care of. In typical Best Buy fashin they send us to Radio Shack in the mall...or should I say El Radio Shack. After about 45 minutes (and many, many jokes) and an interpreter or two Ray thinks $15 got him a pay as you go phone with unlimited minutes. The rest of us are pretty sure he's locked into a $.25 per minute contract for life.

After that was over we went back, cleaned up (kindof) and met Ryan (skibum) and Curtis at Hooters. We had a great time sitting there talking about the weekend and just goofing off like we all went to high school together. Jesse tried to pick up the waitress but he ordered PBR and a salad and she was gone. We had a toast (with my sweet tea) to the weekend and some fine food to finish out the trip. We got back to the hotel and I got my portable hotel room out again and I was out like a rock. Jesse and Alek has early flights, I only remember hearing them leave. Ray and I grabbed a shuttle early and were at separate terminals so that was it...everyone was gone...time to get back home and back to reality.

Overall this event blew away all others in my mind. Invitationals are great, but events like this bring you closer together. I got to talk more to guys that I met at the Atlanta Invitational and meet many new people. I know I will tee it up soon with some of you (MillerTime, OG) and I am really looking forward to it. I hope that this is not my last event of the year but even if it is...what a way to go. What a way to go.

Random thoughts:

Orlando is freak'n hot and I live there

4Rivers stands up to any BBQ in the country

Five miles of walking to help setup Captains suites

Crown Maple is top 5 drinks after past weekend

Harry takes his golf seriously like all of us

JB made everyone feel like royalty

Millertime and TUT have serious game and I hope this weekend pushes them into another realm

Olegray can pound some beer, quietly

Chad is a country boy to the core

Finely has a ton of game and a pretty flawless swing.

Alek likes to refer to himself in the 3rd person

Akrobbie's wife is a now hunter and fisherwoman

Armygolf may still have heat stroke

Beag's got to see Buck drop the Cosby kids off at the pool

Shane is one of the nicest guys I know

Jimmy G has a voice and face for the big screen

TheKing, surpassed it's billing

I've never liked losing but to those guys after the way we played against them was very easy to deal with. These were two great teams that poured it out for all to see.

2014 #TheKing Was Here - Video & Recap Thread

Freddie dropping truth bombs.

Also, big thanks to Jesse for the Gatorade and snickers on the course Sunday!

Last edited:
It was absolutely our pleasure everybody. We believe that an event like #TheKing stands on its own and is one of the best out there. There are things we would change and things we believe that we could do better, but at the end of the day, you 16 brought something special to this event. You treated our sponsor with respect and gave it 10000% in the competition. Losing stinks, it really does, but losing to a bunch of THPers is just not as bad.

For basement dwellers, you guys are alright.

Great recap guys. I was going to quote everyone's recaps and say that but decide not too.

Been fun reading.

Great stuff guys, very good recaps. Looking forward to the first time I get to make an event like this!

Saturday morning round: Saturday Freddie Kong and myself played TeedUpThoughts and Jason Finley. I enjoyed the heck out of playing golf with Freddie.. He's a class act who holds his head high and keeps putting out his best even when pain is knocking on the door. I admire Freddie and love playing golf with him.. He has so much talent, hits the ball a mile and knows how to have fun in every circumstance, Freddie is a champ and I'd LOVE to have his golf game!

TUT has some serious game to be a 17 handicapper! I was shocked when Freddie said we were giving him and Jason Finley strokes. :bulgy-eyes: I honestly thought Ray had no higher than a 10 handicap and Jason a very low single digit. Ray drove the ball exceptionally well on nearly every hole.. He just flat out pounds the ball with a beautiful trajectory and pretty much puts it where he aims. I was highly impressed.

Jason Finley has a beautiful golf swing and can flat out pound a golf ball! He's got that tour look swing that is silky smooth. I like Jason and he is fun to play with and would tee it up with him any old time. He's the real deal and can golf his ball. :golf2: They were whupping us pretty good and he never made us feel uncomfortable with it. In fact, I think a few times he was actually rooting for us to make a putt or two. Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone!!! :nono: :D

Two class guys who took us to the woodshed and did so with class :thumb:

I really enjoy reading these recaps! For me personally it takes me back to the different events of attended. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and bringing the event to us throughout the weekend! Excellent job!

Saturday afternoon round: My partner was CaptainCaution and let me tell ya, the dude is a scrapper! He hits a great tee ball and has the iron game and putting to boot. I was seriously impressed with his golf game.. He pretty much won our match with his own ball. In fact we were one up coming down to the last hole and he had to make a eight foot putt to lock down the one up win. The pressure was on and he made the putt! I'd call him CaptainIceMan myself! :bomb:

We played with WarEagle and Sposey. I love both of these guys! If I had another son I would have a carbon copy of Ryan as the model.. He just flat out impresses the hell out of me with his entire being. He has been through so much this year and comes out with his head held high. I hope you all get to meet and play golf with him one of these days. You can't help but come away impressed.

Sposey/Shane is my brother from another Mother! He is just a good ole mid western cowboy and his Momma did one hell of a great job raising a fine human being. You can be around him for a few minutes and feel like you have known him for years. He's the star guard on your basketball team who gives credit to the guys on the bench. That kind of guy :thumb:. I hope to get out to Branson one of these days partner!

Bill, don't forget that hole 11 was as hard as a opossum's pecker, I still chuckle thinking about millers reaction to that :)

Bill, don't forget that hole 11 was as hard as a opossum's pecker, I still chuckle thinking about millers reaction to that :)

LOL Bruther we were laughing four holes later with that one! He was using that phrase on the way home ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great recap Bill.

Thank you for the kind words, means a lot to me coming from you.

Great recap Bill.

Thank you for the kind words, means a lot to me coming from you.

Every word from the heart buddy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played Thursday's practice round with Barry and SKiBum and it was a fun way to get to know the course and meet a great guy (cpljohnst). I was dog tired from travelling and caught completely unawares by the heat in Florida but a great time was had regardless.

Barry is one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet and his golf game is one that almost everyone should envy. The man is a gentlemen in EVERY sense of the word and has such a cool and steady personality. He's the kind of guy you hope your girlfriend's dad is like when you meet him for the first time haha. His ball is magnetized to the fairway and the green and I'd kill for an ounce of his consistency!

Dinner Thursday night at David's Club at the Omni was a great time. We were kind of squeezed into a weird seating arrangement as we were such a large group but luckily I managed to be in a spot where I could converse with most people there. This was when we finally got to meet almost everyone involved and enjoy some food and drinks together.

Friday morning arrived and we unexpectedly met 4 or 5 more guys in the breakfast lounge at the Hampton Inn. What was supposed to be a quick bite and run turned into a 30-45 minute meet and greet and it was only a matter of seconds before the laughter was heard throughout the hotel.
I played Friday's practice round with Rancey (sparks), Jesse (jjmorris), and Alek (captaincaution). I was riding with Rancey and right away we seemed to be having a good time and getting along great.
I don't think Rancey has a negative thing to say about anything and is such an upbeat and positive guy to be around. He radiates positive energy and it's infectious when you're riding with him. His golf game is so solid, and he gets that 7m3 I-Beam errr Black Tie launching way up in the air. That right there is enough to command respect on the tee box haha. My plan if I ever came toe to toe with a gator down there was to hide behind Rancey as I'm pretty sure this guy could tie an alligator in a knot without breaking a sweat.
Jesse is such a cool dude and he's got the swagger of a teenager with the maturity of an adult all wrapped in one fun to hang out with package. I honestly don't think it's even possible to have Jesse in a group of people that's not having a great time. Right from the get-go I envied three things of his; his car, his driver, and his ability to hit the sickest power fade with such control. This guy's ball-striking is the real deal and no opponent should ever take him lightly.
Alek is a man on the brink of single digits. When you see him swing the club you right away think "this guy's a player!". His down to earth personality combined with a competitive edge made him so much fun to be around. I was spewing a little smack talk here and there and he returned it right back t*t for tat. Little did I know that by the end of the weekend he would have the last laugh. Well done my friend!

We all hit some shots that day that were memorable (my chip in birdie on the par 3) and forgettable but regardless we all walked off 18 with massive smiles and ready for more. The fog on the first few holes was ridiculously thick and it was all you could do to see 30 yards in front of you. On the first par 3 we thought we knew where the green was so I was aiming waaaaaaaay left of the actual green. Right in the middle of my transition Alek yells "STOP! I see the pin!" and it was 50 yards to the right of where I was aiming haha. Thanks dude!

At the clubhouse grill after the round I ordered the Chicken Tenders on a hearty recommendation from MillerTime. Guys, these are the best chicken strips/tenders you will ever eat. Oh my goodness were they crazy good! I ordered them after each round the next two days again without a seconds thought or a glance at the menu. Unbeknownst to us all, AKRobby picked up the tab for the entire lunch!!! And this was before he had even met a bunch of us! I mean, come on!!! AKRobby = one kickass dude!

I then headed over to the Resort to check in to my room. I knew I was bunking with Shane (sposey) but I hadn't really met him yet so naturally I was a bit nervous and hoping that we would get along. This is where I should apologize to everyone at The King...for stealing the BEST FREAKING ROOMMATE EVER! Shane and I got along like bacon and hamburger right from the instant I walked through that door. It was the start of a new friendship and at the time I had no idea how great it would become. I can't be around Shane for 60 seconds without him cracking me up and it's quite possible that he is the friendliest guy I've ever met. Even now I feel like I've known him for years despite it only being a few days. After chumming it up for an hour or so we headed out to the pool side bar to drink the afternoon away and enjoy the scenery with Ryan, Jesse, Ray, and Alek. I don't remember what we talked about, but I remember laughing out loud for about 3 hours straight. You guys all rock!

I was blown away by the awesomeness of the Omni Resort and it truly surpassed all my expectations!

Thanks for the kind words Curtis. I just try not to let poor play make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...lol

And sorry...no gator wrestling by this Tennessee hillbilly.

Thanks for the kind words Curtis. I just try not to let poor play make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...lol

And sorry...no gator wrestling by this Tennessee hillbilly.

I think a good nickname for sparks would be "the gentle giant" such a class guy that looks like he could whip hulk hogan

I think a good nickname for sparks would be "the gentle giant" such a class guy that looks like he could whip hulk hogan

Hearing Hashtag ask him how much he could bench cracked me up.

Anyone else catch themselves reading Curtis' posts with a Canadian accent?

Hearing Hashtag ask him how much he could bench cracked me up.

It was actually embarrassing. I was already self conscious of that freaking shirt!

Before I begin, I want to thank JB andGolferGal for everything they do for us, and for all they did to makethis event happen. Also, thanks to Harry, Chad, Scotty, and Jasonfrom Callaway for coming so far to participate and for all the greatequipment and apparel they provided. More importantly, thanks for allof the fun. This was the best weekend of golf I've ever had, and Iwon't ever forget it.

Thursday/Friday:

After a long day at the office, Istarted to make my way down to Orlando. I was kind of nervous as Iwas waiting for my bags; who knew what these friends from theInternet would be like? Those worries quickly subsided after Ray(TeedUpThoughts), Rancey (sparksjr), and Jesse (jjmorris) found me.We were all laughing and having a good time almost immediately. Afterwhat was probably an hour wait, we got the pimping minvan and headeddown to the Hampton, laughing it up the whole ride. What a greatgroup of guys. After a quick nap, we had to get ready for our roundat ChampionsGate. We met the other guys staying at the Hampton andgot going. After some confusion about who was playing together, wegot our act together and headed out to the first tee. I don't thinkanyone in our foursome of Jesse, Rancey, and Curt (ArmyGolf) got evenone swing on the range, and it showed. A few high fades, and we wereoff. Jesse and I had a tight match that came down to the last hole.Rancey and I played the same shot off of the tee for most of theround. We probably should have been in the same cart. We all had somegood shots, and some bad, but it was a fun first round with theseTHPers. After the round, I got to meet some more of the guys at thebar and the range after that.

We made our way to the hotel, andsomehow my room was the only one that wasn't ready. No problem, as Ifound a nice seat at the bar and ordered up a Miami Vice, my favoritebeach drink ever. Judge away, I don't care! Ryan (SkiBumGolfer),Jesse, Shane (sposey013168), Ray, and a few others, sorry I forgotwho all made it down, hung out for a while, enjoying the scenery andhaving some drinks. Eventually my room was ready, so after a quickspin around the lazy river, I was able to get cleaned up, met myroommate Jimmy (jimmyG) and we headed up to meet our captainHashtagChad in the suite. We were given our drivers, shirts and hats,and it was like a bunch of little kids at Christmas. It was justawesome. The whole group became fast friends, and we got down to thebusiness of setting our matchups for the first day of #theKing, butnot before we got some food, and Jesse pulled a Ward with the breadpudding in line.

For the morning match, I was going tobe paired up with Jesse, which I was excited about. We seemed to havea good connection during the round in the morning, and I thought wehad a good sense of each others' games and abilities. In theafternoon round, I was going to be paired up with Bill (Ole Gray),and I was pumped to take someone to the woodshed with him.

Harry's team came up so we could setthe matches for the day. He introduced himself to everyone, and wasquick to point out that my glasses looked funny, which was hilarious.Both Harry and Chad are exactly the people you'd imagine from theirinternet personas. The matchups were set, and Jesse and I would betaking on Barry (cpljohnst) and Bret (golf4life). We were going to bein for quite a match. Barry is a fairway finder, and Bret can clobberthe ball, as I saw on the range that afternoon. For the afternoonBill and I would face Ryan (WarEagle) and Shane. After some smacktalk, some of the guys headed down to the putting green, and a few ofus hung out in the suite, chatting about golf, Callaway, and anythingelse under the sun. After some time down on the green with everyoneelse, it was time to get some rest for a big day of golf.

More to come.

Back