The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit a large bucket at my range last night after having my lies adjusted back to standard after my swing change. Man what a difference. I started with the PW and just worked my way up through the back. The ball flight and the sound it was making showed a clear difference. Ball first contact was much easier to achieve rather than dig the heal with the clubs being too upright.

Hit the range last night and worked on set up and trying to hit the ball lower.

Driver set up needed some tweaking as I think I have been too far away from the ball on the tee box. Getting a little closer really stopped the fast hooking ball that goes no where but left.

3wd was decently solid but think a shaft swap is gonna happen to match the driver. Getting the right tempo to not overload the shaft consistently is proving difficult.

Tried working with the hybrid but I'm still not confident- really thinking it'll be replaced with a 3i soon.

Irons were good, still can't get the ball flight down where I want it my yardage is acceptable but know the high launch is eating up 10-15yds easy.

Need to get a lesson scheduled to get the ball flight issue fixed, not sure if I'm not getting back over the ball at impact or what

Heading to the range after work today and will have the Voice Caddy SC100 out w/ me.

I am bringing my i25, Apex Pro, TM TP CB and AP2 7 irons and am going to have a little fun comparing the different clubs. Hoping to have some decent ball striking to get some solid comparisons.

Hit the course last night to play a few practice holes, no's 1,2 and 18 circle the club house and offer a decent mix of shots to play. Long iron/hybrid off of 1 with the wind, driver/fairway wood off of 2 into the wind, and a mid iron into the par 3 18th. I was really focusing on getting through the ball rather than picking or scooping it and the results were promising. The best part of my practice was my wedges hands down. I'm working on better contact with less than full swings and my pro had me move the ball back just a touch in my stance. I was throwing darts all afternoon. This week is going to be terrible weather wise, but I'm really looking forward to this weekend and seeing how well I can score.

Got to the range and putting green after work. Got rained on a little, but spared from the downpour. Mostly hit the range for some testing, with my actual practice focus on wedges and putting. Needed to dial in some distances a little better than they've been and work on touch shots. Came out better than I came in, so that's good.

Got to the range and putting green after work. Got rained on a little, but spared from the downpour. Mostly hit the range for some testing, with my actual practice focus on wedges and putting. Needed to dial in some distances a little better than they've been and work on touch shots. Came out better than I came in, so that's good.

#JourneyToBetter

Damn straight. About the only thing that makes me mad on the course is a sloppy short game.

Damn straight. About the only thing that makes me mad on the course is a sloppy short game.

Especially in MB...u can't hide it

Impact bag with Ocarrol's and Vman's pic on it should do the trick

HaHa! That might just work. What is motivating me to work harder is seeing you guys working and hanging up those good numbers.

I had a session of short game work today as our range was closed. We had a little rain overnight, and the forecast was for heavy rain today. Turns out, it didn't rain at all today and there really wasn't reason enough to close the range. After about an hour of chipping/putting, it was so nice out actually that I decided to play nine by myself. I haven't done that for eons, but wanted the work. The reason I'm posting it here is that I used it as focused practice and didn't even keep score. I was virtually alone on the course--never ran into another soul the whole nine. That enabled me to take the time to work on things, like on the range, except that it is much easier to focus on real targets rather than those on the range. When I'd hit a shot I didn't like, I'd try to analyze why, and then drop another ball and try to hit it right. It was really a fun way to practice, and quite a luxury. Our course is usually too full for this. It was also a needed bonus, because the rains are coming in tonight and for next couple of days.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

No practice for me this week as my wife and I are getting the little lady acclimated to life on planet Earth. My plan is to get out to the range possibly Sunday night, as that is the only day it's not supposed to rain this week. Am I slightly bummed that I am not practicing? Sure, but that completely goes away when I see that little face.

No practice for me this week as my wife and I are getting the little lady acclimated to life on planet Earth. My plan is to get out to the range possibly Sunday night, as that is the only day it's not supposed to rain this week. Am I slightly bummed that I am not practicing? Sure, but that completely goes away when I see that little face.

You'll get back to it. Enjoy the time you have with her!

Enjoy it man. But if the wifey asks you to run errands make time for at least a small bucket lol.

I need tips on stopping picking the ball as doing so is costing me yardage because my LA is too high

I worked on chip and pitches after playing 9, just trying to get the touch back as well as working on hitting the low shot. Since the course was dead after the storm passed I decided the best place to practice was the 9th green since the pin placement was perfect to hit different shots from different lies, distances and varying lengths. I used the 56 for everything as it is my go to club for around the green and put myself in some terrible lies and was putting the ball into easy one putt range 3-4ft most of the time. I honestly could have done this for hours tonight but darkness set in. I'm happy with the touch I'm finally getting back around the greens and 50yds and in.

Sorry to interrupt the regularly scheduled program!

oh good Christ! How the hell did I miss that. I'm sorry buddy for having my head in the sand! Congrats on the arrival of your little girl! There is nothing in this world like having a daddy's little girl! Even when she's in her 20s she's still daddy's little girl!
Back to the topic at hand.

Weather can't stop me from practicing!! Got to the gym tonight to work on my swing. Lack of available range time due to work or weather had me feeling as if I was starting to revert back. Tonight was so freaking encouraging because I was grooving the swing that I could focus completely on just my swing.

u9agyped.jpg

u9avemez.jpg

Working with my iPad setup and the gf as a swing coach (trained her what to look for) I got to go through and look at the progress of my swing changes and it's so encouraging. It motivates me so much.

Here's where I started...

etu2anuj.jpg

That same day I got to this point at the top which I feel was too exaggerated...

yhehunu6.jpg

Some more time working I go to this point which I liked more, but has zero wrist cock...

ugy8yva2.jpg

Finally to where I am now, which I believe is a much much better swing and better position at the top...

duryma3y.jpg

It's giving me much more consistent ball striking I have a slightly bowed left wrist which I'm working towards flattening a touch and I feel like I will be finally comfortable to where I've gotten. Hit about 100 balls tonight alternating between the J40 CB 6 Iron and J40 Wedge. YouTube videos of the swings to follow shortly...

Here's the video of the swings...

6 Iron Swing...

Wedge Swing...

Well had a lesson last night and unfortantly it was cold and rainy. Stayed inside with the PGA Pro and worked on the putting. Gave him my thoughts on I can always improve with the putter and need to work on lag putting and making those 7 feet and in putts. Well took three and putted them all to the hole. After doing that he noticed some stuff and adjusted me right away. First thing was I had way to much weight on my heels, next thing was I am doing the claw grip and didn't have my hand all the way against the grip so I was losing some feel and control. Made those changes and I could tell I was being more consistent. Then on the short putts one of the things he noticed is my alignement when setting up. He told me that I am over thinking the break on the balls and need to aim more to the hole. Especially with the Cleveland Smart Sqaure Putter it should be easy to line it up.So that was all the putting we did and the rain let up some so was back outside worked with the driver some. I hit some balls for him and he watched how I was doing. Noticed that I was putting to much weight on my front when setting up which could be causing the lower flight for me. Made those changes and BAM was hitting the ball much higher. Then conitinued to hit decent balls but just need to work on my weight shift and releasing correctly. One of the issue's I have is if I have a fade I over compensate to try and get a straight flight and end up hooking the ball. It's just nasty but hey I am not slicing no more. But overall great lesson and have plenty of things I need to work on now.

Have you always done the claw coers?

started doing it for a month and I don't think I will be changing it. It seems to always be consistant with the path I take and really helps when I get the yips. I am finally seeing not many 3's on my card now and usually putting under 40 a round. Need to really work on it 100% more to drain more putts. It just feels good for me and grips I have before seems like I always break my wrist.
Have you always done the claw coers?

Tonight I'm going to hit the garage and try to do about 90% impact bag drills and maybe 10% actual swings. My session last night was sort of rushed and more focused on product testing, which means it wasn't really as focused on the actual things I'm trying to work on so much. It's a lot easier to stay focused in my garage for whatever reason. No launch monitor or worry about distance/direction. I just want to work on reinforcing some feel.

Tonight I will be working on fixing my slice. I have a few drills to go over, including lowering my right shoulder, having a more closed stance, and adjusting my grip and ball position. I plan on taking this to the range on Friday, and I have no plans on working on anything else except this slice issue until it is resolved.

Combat golf at its finest.

Was practicing my putting tonight and noticed that when I gripped lighter with my right hand I was making a better stroke. That led me to try an overlapping grip as opposed to my interlocking grip, and something clicked! Tempo was great, putts were on line, everything just felt so much better. This led me to try an overlapping grip with my full swing shots, and again, it felt so much better. Everything just felt much more in sync, and contact felt a lot better. Going to have to give the new grip a try, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

had a little case of the flips today, did some impact bag work here when I finally got home. Been too long since I used it last.

I'm crediting my effed up back for the flippiness, but better safe than sorry.

Spent an hour working last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back