Android Phone Thread

Absolutely no issues with it. It has a six month warranty, send it back and get another one.

I just looked and it's been 6 months and 6 days. I sent them an email anyways

I just looked and it's been 6 months and 6 days. I sent them an email anyways

That figures! Hopefully they will give you credit on the six days!

Just ordered the Spigen case as I am getting ready to make the jump.. Hopefully picking up the S5 this week

Alright guys, I'm due for an upgrade as of today:banana: and ready to move on from my Droid Maxx. Phone treated me well for two years, but... eh, just time for a change. I believe I've narrowed it down to HTC One M8 and the S5. Anybody else look at these two specifically and if so why'd you go whichever way you chose? Also, anybody think I'm missing any others that deserve consideration or is there anything hot on the horizon I might want to wait for? Moto X2 perhaps?

Alright guys, I'm due for an upgrade as of today:banana: and ready to move on from my Droid Maxx. Phone treated me well for two years, but... eh, just time for a change. I believe I've narrowed it down to HTC One M8 and the S5. Anybody else look at these two specifically and if so why'd you go whichever way you chose? Also, anybody think I'm missing any others that deserve consideration or is there anything hot on the horizon I might want to wait for? Moto X2 perhaps?

Kind of wish I'd waited for the S5, only because I bought two and great chance to see each in action. But, I think the M8 has it on looks and battery life, imho, so plenty happy.

HTC M8

Just ordered the Zero Lemon extended battery case for the G2. If its as good as the one I had for my S3, I'll be very happy.

Just traded my Iphone 5 for a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. I like the compact shape of this one. Only problem I see is the camera is low light its hard to see the picture. I love photography so its annoying. Download camera360 for my edits. I can say im glad im back to android, apple will never see my pocket again. Andriod has so many customization and runs smoothly

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I went and checked out the S5 today and am almost positive it is what I will upgrade to next month. Currently on my iPhone 4S I have a lifeproof and really like almost everything about it other than the feel of the touch screen, but can't decide what case to go with on the S5. The lifeproof for the S5 will probably be huge so I was thinking about getting a Spigen case and one of the glass screen protectors. Also the S5 is already water and dust resistant so the lifeproof is probably overkill. Any opinions on cases and screen protectors would be greatly appreciated.

I had the Otter Box Commuter on my iPhone 4 and liked it so much that it's what I have on my new S5. Very happy with it.

Just ordered my HTC One M8. Great looking phone and a pretty good upgrade from my HTC Evo 4G.

S5 arrived today and Verizon forgot to include the SIM card. Have to run to one of the stores so I can get a card before I can use it.

Phone looks great and can't wait to use it!

Received my M8 on Monday. It's an awesome phone. I thought its size might turn me off, but I've gotten used to it. The only pet peeve I have is that it doesn't fit perfectly in the little pocket behind the shifter in my car. Love the 'Extreme Power Saving Mode' - battery only lost 1% after over an hour when I tested it. Emails still updated, able to receive calls and texts just fine. Good-looking phone that's super-fast too.

S5 arrived today and Verizon forgot to include the SIM card. Have to run to one of the stores so I can get a card before I can use it.

Phone looks great and can't wait to use it!

Great choice my friend, we're S5 buddies!!!

Not a big deal but anyone else have the charging port cover on the S5 break off? Mine fell off today and after some Google searches seems to be a common problem.

Not a big deal but anyone else have the charging port cover on the S5 break off? Mine fell off today and after some Google searches seems to be a common problem.

I know it sucks, but it is a big deal? Beacuse luckily, the S4 doesn't have a cover on the charging port to break off.

This is one thing keeping me from an early upgrade to be honest. I hate the cover on phones.

I know it sucks, but it is a big deal? Beacuse luckily, the S4 doesn't have a cover on the charging port to break off.
Not a deal breaker by any means as I love this phone. It does suck cause it actually is something usefull for me as I spend a lot of time in the dust of the desert.

This is one thing keeping me from an early upgrade to be honest. I hate the cover on phones.
I can tell you it's easily removed so no issue for you. :smile-big:

Great choice my friend, we're S5 buddies!!!

Love this phone!! Not sure why it took me so long to switch, but better late than never.

A few apps recently that I just love.

Zinio for my magazines. Lots of readers, but I like this one.
Still in love with Aqua Mail for my mail client. It works so well with pop3 and imap accounts.
MX Player for video needs. Plays most and the volume is better with swipe controls.
The Schwab financial app is phenomenal. Best one I have seen to date for investing.
Hancom Office is as close to microsoft office as I have found in mobile.

Going to be reading this thread more often. I'm finally switching from iPhones to Galaxies

Like JB said MX player is the best I have been using that for years on my phone and tablet.

Back