2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

Chalk it up! Wow, what an amazing price for a weekend of pure THP and awesomeness. Calendar marked.

Will absolutely be trying to get in on this. Would be an amazing little getaway for us after having our second little girl in June

Holy cow, incredible, what a setup!

Hey, this is right around my 3rd year wedding anniversary...I wonder if the wife wants to head to PGA National/Miami to watch me play golf!?

Hey, this is right around my 3rd year wedding anniversary...I wonder if the wife wants to head to PGA National/Miami to watch me play golf!?

Lots of activities for non-golfing wives/husbands at this event.

PGA National has maybe the best pool area of any resort I've ever been to, so if your wife likes that she is in for a treat. In addition, there's a spa and the beach and shopping is very close.

If I'm lucky enough to get in this is going to make for a superb secret 16th anniversary gift/trip. #hopinglikeeveryoneelse

Would love to get in on this one so hopefully can talk the wife into this one

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Reminder set. Still hoping to punch a ticket with my TBD partner in Indy.

The final event of the 2014 THP Invitational Series is here and it will be one for the ages. THP invades The Bear Trap for a weekend like no other, sponsored by Bridgestone Golf. Unbelievable golf, wonderful accommodations and tremendous food will make up this awesome tournament and none of it could be done without the title sponsor. This event will truly be one of a kind and is open for signups.

pga_national_golf1.jpg

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the 2014 Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club. Click here for details.

Cost
$429 - This will include
Greens Fees - 2 Rounds of Golf (Champion & Palmer)
Cart Fees - For both rounds
Range Balls - For both rounds
2 Nights of Lodging at the beautiful PGA National Resort
Breakfast Each Day
$25 Resort Credit
Two iBar Drink Certificates
Trophy Ceremony Dinner at PGA National
Limited Edition THP Bridgestone Hat
Incredible SWAG & Prizes
AND MUCH MUCH MORE...

For non-golfing partners/husbands/wives the cost is $130. This will include all of the above, minus the golf, swag & resort credit.

When & Where
September 26th & 28th, 2014
PGA National Resort & Spa
Since their opening in 1981, they have hosted some of golf’s most defining moments, including the 1983 Ryder Cup, the 1987 PGA Championship and multiple Senior PGA Championships.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.
This is limited to only 40 golfers, 8 of which earned their way in by winning THP Invitationals.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women, however you must be 18 years or older to be a part of this event.

Prizes
Champions - TBA (They are awesome)
A spot for the winners in the THP Events Hall of Fame.
Beautiful THP Bridgestone Championship Trophies

Itinerary
Friday - Hotel Check-In with THP.
Saturday AM - Morning range time and then the 1st competition round of golf.
Saturday PM - Free night w/ many gathering around iBar.
Sunday AM - 2nd competition round of golf.
Sunday PM - Awards Ceremony Dinner for all participants.

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots (32). Therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. Signup will be held Wednesday May 14th, at 1pm EST.
A $100 non-refundable deposit will be due at signup with the remainder due 30 days out from event.

8 spots are being held for THP Invitational Winners. If for some reason they are not able to attend, those spots will be opened up at a later date.

Fantastic! This is going to be an incredible event !!!!!!!

This will be awesome, I have set a calender reminder for that date....I am sure this will fill up in seconds....but I want in!!

How nice is the parking lot?
Think I could sleep well there?

I have the full support if my wife! I am off to practice my typing!

CJ, I am sure there is a river somewhere for you to park the van by :D

I am going to try to get in on this, will be at a meeting that ends just around 12 on this day.

Additional Info as requested

Additional nights stay would be $109 per ROOM plus resort fee ($25 total per room per night) and taxes per night. Price is valid for Single and Double occupancy both. Valid 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event based on availability at time of booking.

Additional Rounds of golf are $50 each plus tax and an additional $75 surcharge if you want to play the Champions Course

Last edited:
This is amazing I need in on this!

I'm missing the cost in the first post

I'll have to chat with my fiancee, as she always loves the Florida sun.

This is amazing I need in on this!

I'm missing the cost in the first post

Cost
$429 - This will include
Greens Fees - 2 Rounds of Golf (Champion & Palmer)
Cart Fees - For both rounds
Range Balls - For both rounds
2 Nights of Lodging at the beautiful PGA National Resort
Breakfast Each Day
$25 Resort Credit
Two iBar Drink Certificates
Trophy Ceremony Dinner at PGA National
Limited Edition THP Bridgestone Hat
Incredible SWAG & Prizes
AND MUCH MUCH MORE...

For non-golfing partners/husbands/wives the cost is $130. This will include all of the above, minus the golf, swag & resort credit.

Additional Info as requested

Additional nights stay would be $109 per ROOM plus resort fee ($25 total per room per night) and taxes per night. Price is valid for Single and Double occupancy both. Valid 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event based on availability at time of booking.

Additional Rounds of golf are $50 each plus tax and an additional $75 surcharge if you want to play the Champions Course

Just to make sure I understand this:

If Erica and I came in a few days early, it would be $109 + fees for both of us combined for those nights? Not for each person?

Just to make sure I understand this:

If Erica and I came in a few days early, it would be $109 + fees for both of us combined for those nights? Not for each person?

That is correct.
MikeDean441 everybody...

Effing A.

I'm pretty sure I have no chance of pulling this off however a few things are going in my favor.

A)we got engaged at PGA National
B)our anniversary is in Sept
C)Nerfny's fall semester classes are only on Tuesday and Thursday.

That is correct.
MikeDean441 everybody...

Oh and silly me forgot to mention.

The Champions Course is closed til Sept 2, which means an already amazing course will be in PRISTINE shape for us just 3 weeks later!

I'm pretty sure I have no chance of pulling this off however a few things are going in my favor.

A)we got engaged at PGA National
B)our anniversary is in Sept
C)Nerfny's fall semester classes are only on Tuesday and Thursday.

Based on a little something going on for her in August, I kind of expected you to return the favor with this one.
PGA National is not hte same without Deandec. I still remember the ricochet off the tree. I still remember the allergies acting up when you proposed and I am coming out of retirement for this one. You need it.

If ddec comes I promise not to duck him.

Based on a little something going on for her in August, I kind of expected you to return the favor with this one.
PGA National is not hte same without Deandec. I still remember the ricochet off the tree. I still remember the allergies acting up when you proposed and I am coming out of retirement for this one. You need it.

100% agree.
Unfortunately I still kind of remember an incident with the elevator too. I need to get back to this place.

If ddec comes I promise not to duck him.

whoa now there is a serious offer. After all this is the original place of you ducking me.

Back