Wilson Staff FG-Tour M3 Irons - THP Preview

That being said, if I were playing the V2's and these worked better for me, I'd switch without a problem.

I hit the W/S M3s during last weekends demo days. I hit 20-30 balls with each brand of iron I tried (yeah, I was THAT guy). Overall the M3s and i25s felt the best (other than some pured MP-4s) and much better than the AP1s or AP2s and Speedblades with comparable performance. I found the XTDs a bit longer but not quite as nice feeling as the M3s. If I was currently in the market for a set of irons the M3s would be on the short list. Hope this comparison helps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I've got a set of V2's which although too much for me to handle I just can't sell because they're such a great looking/feeling iron. I'm playing i20's now so would love to hear how these compare in terms of feel/forgiveness with both the V2's and i20/25's. Thanks in advance Jman ..

Love, love, love the FG Line and these are stunning 4-gw is a perfect set in my opinion. Wilson Staff is an amazing brand and I'm so glad they are getting some THP love in a big way.

I will be very curious to see what kind of distance you get out of these with the higher lofts compared to a lot of irons on the market. What is the tip size on these?

If they are half as good as the V2's they will have a winner. I could look at these things for hours.

Those look really good. I like the looks of the V2's much better though.

My thoughts exactly. The honeymoon with my V2's is not yet over. :act-up:

Such great looking irons. I love that finish they put on them.

I love the look of those irons and I love the more traditional lofts too, Wilson Staff is really becoming a brand to look at.

I love that a lot of Wilson stuff is beginning to be reviewed. The M3 line is really a great setup this year and these irons are no different, beautiful and not intimidating to hit for a "players" iron.

I love that a lot of Wilson stuff is beginning to be reviewed. The M3 line is really a great setup this year and these irons are no different, beautiful and not intimidating to hit for a "players" iron.

Definitely not. To me, they're a lot like the TM CB's profile wise but a touch bigger and a touch more offset, nothing about them at address is daunting. Its an early assumption, but I really see these being another set that falls in that tweener class b/w players and GI. Looking forward to some range time with them today though to find out more.

Definitely not. To me, they're a lot like the TM CB's profile wise but a touch bigger and a touch more offset, nothing about them at address is daunting. Its an early assumption, but I really see these being another set that falls in that tweener class b/w players and GI. Looking forward to some range time with them today though to find out more.

I'm interested to see what you think about the sound. I think if I remember right, they had a bit of a different sound to them at impact. I don't want to describe it and give you any pre conceived notions going in. Maybe it was just me and it won't stand out to you.

I'm interested to see what you think about the sound. I think if I remember right, they had a bit of a different sound to them at impact. I don't want to describe it and give you any pre conceived notions going in. Maybe it was just me and it won't stand out to you.

Wait, they weren't forged butter? /sarcasm

I'm excited to find out, lots I want to know about these. Lots.

Those are some sweet looking irons.

Those are some sweet looking irons.

They definitely are, will be interesting to see what immediate wear (if any) I see today on the sandy range.

i love the black finish when new but it gets worn. i cant help but want these in like a dark gunmetal grey finish like the traction control wedges.

i love the black finish when new but it gets worn. i cant help but want these in like a dark gunmetal grey finish like the traction control wedges.

According to W/S, this dinish will wear better, they put a lot of research into it, but I agree, inevitable black finishes show marks and wear. I'm eager to really put these thought paces to see.

Jman asked me to share his comparison pics with everyone;

DSC_0400-L.jpg

DSC_0402-L.jpg

DSC_0403-L.jpg

DSC_0406-L.jpg

Great looking set of irons! I was just talking to a buddy about these, he's ready to pull the trigger on a purchase already!

They definitely are, will be interesting to see what immediate wear (if any) I see today on the sandy range.

This is my concern with the black. They're gorgeous, but for some reason I see them wearing like the RAZR Black irons a buddy of mine has.

those look amazing!

And love seeing this banner atop the THP site

WilsonStaff-728X90-Mar11.jpg

I like the matte black finish, looks nice on this set.

Fixed this one:

DSC_0402-L.jpg

Those pics show how much some trailing edge relief can alter the appearance of a club. The soles would probably be the exact same without it. I like how these set up at address very much.

Those pics show how much some trailing edge relief can alter the appearance of a club. The soles would probably be the exact same without it. I like how these set up at address very much.

Its true, it really is. They are a touch longer heel to toe and have a bit more offset too, but I think its a good thing to my eye. The set up incredibly well.

Yea you can see the offset for sure.

So, the XP is an interesting choice to me. Similar irons in the past they've done have been DG's and KBS Tours. Wonder how that will affect performance. There has to be a reason for it obviously.

Back