New Game Golf system

Lack of editing control and app OS have always been two downsides for me.

I do like that once a round is uploaded, you can edit it on the iPhone app. The lack of Bluetooth is actually a good thing in my mind. If it auto-uploaded each shot in continuously, I would want to look and edit right then. That would just be another distraction I don't need.

I completely agree about not being directed towards the product. How well a job it does still amazes me, and so simple.

Having a tag thought right now is not high on my list, but for most it won't be an issue at all. Lack of editing control and app OS have always been two downsides for me.

I bet if u toss it in the marketplace someone will bite

Supposedly an Android app is on the way, but I don't have the luxury at the moment.

Supposedly an Android app is on the way, but I don't have the luxury at the moment.

They said it was, but couldn't give a time frame on my last email to them. I bet the day after it goes, the app shows up. Wouldn't change my thoughts though.

They said it was, but couldn't give a time frame on my last email to them. I bet the day after it goes, the app shows up. Wouldn't change my thoughts though.

Yea, I read their explanation about the app. Their point was basically, "well, we have everything you need on the computer, so it's no big deal."

I guess that's true, but in reality people don't want to sit on a computer, especially if they are just curious about a quick stat or whatever. I know those things take time though. My only question is if the App is as laggy as the UI on the computer. If so, it would be pretty frustrating to use.

My only question is if the App is as laggy as the UI on the computer. If so, it would be pretty frustrating to use.

The iPhone app is WAY faster than the UI on the PC.

Do you have the map view just like the PC?

Yes sir. It's just a much smaller map when compared to my 21" PC monitor. You can zoom in and out a lot faster which does help. I haven't tried it on the iPad yet though. Don't even know if it will work on the iPad at full resolution.

Well dang. that really makes me want the Android one now. The PC verision is glitchy.

The fact that is saves on the PC after every minor edit is what drags it down. It appears that it lets the update saves run in the background on the app. My 5s doesn't slow down one bit.

Excellent info. Thanks dude.

That is what THP is all about. Happy to help.

Do you hook it to the computer to sync and then just edit in the app without visiting the website on the PC? May try that tomorrow

Do you hook it to the computer to sync and then just edit in the app without visiting the website on the PC? May try that tomorrow

You have to connected to the PC to upload your around. I then edited it both on the iPhone and the PC. The app was considerably faster although a little tricky because of the screen size.

Just got an email offering a 25% discount on 4 new devices(each). Now that they are in the Apple Store, wanting people to go in and educate the sales people there. Hence the offer. Interesting training program.

Just saw that 25% email. Cool idea to get Apple store employees trained by those that actually use the product.

Switched putters and driver today and forgot to switch tags. Contemplated some way to work around it, but meh. Just put it back in my bag.

Bit of a thread skim, but is anyone getting more that one round out of a charge? After 18 holes, mine only seems to have enough battery for another 9.

I've only used it for one round without charging but it always shows low battery when I plug it in. Doubt it would get much more out of it.

Just finished editing a 9 hole round on the iPhone app. It took all of 5 minuets to add three missed tags, and move a few tee shots as they were shown as a few yards off of where the actual tee box is placed. Remembering to tag is the main key.

The data is really identifying some major inconsistencies in my game right now. It is nice to see that my long game has come around nicely this year. Now if I could only figure out how to pitch and chip again.

With editing in the app, can anyone else zoom in? My screen just turns green and the shot marks frequently move out of position but the aerial never resolves.

I get the green when zoomed to far in. I've emailed about it and they said that it will be corrected in an upcoming update.

I'm seeing some value for sure in terms of pointing out holes in my game. I still wish there were more stats though. One thing I've noticed is the difference between misses on a launch monitor and misses on a golf course. Once that ball hits the lush spring rough it just dies and I lose tons of yards. I do wish you could mark things like punch shots or knockdowns separately after the fact, because I hit them quite often and it messes up the distance tracking.

I am so bummed I forgot to bring this to the course today.

I am so bummed I forgot to bring this to the course today.

That always sucks. As does forgetting to switch the tags when I'm bringing different equipment out. Have done that.

Back