THP 2014 Trip To California - Take 2

Will you guys have any time for a round while you are down where some of the SoCal people can hook up with you guys? With maybe some products to test from the companies you will be visiting? I'm quite sure these companies realize the power of THP and consumer purchasing. Many many purchases have been influenced by recommendations and reviews from this forum.

Tapping Away

Will you guys have any time for a round while you are down where some of the SoCal people can hook up with you guys? With maybe some products to test from the companies you will be visiting? I'm quite sure these companies realize the power of THP and consumer purchasing. Many many purchases have been influenced by recommendations and reviews from this forum.

Tapping Away

No spare day for that one. We wish. The good news is that we have some awesome events just like that around the country as well as on the forum.

Really want a couple companies point of views on how social media and customers having direct access to the company reps through social media has transformed how they do things? How they deal with not only positive but also negative social media and the extra accountability that comes with living in a connected world where one person can say something negative and within 30 seconds millions know could know about it. How do the companies combat this?

Great question. But to piggyback off of this, is social media a driver for a company like TaylorMade to push something like a white SLDR? Seems to me that if a white SLDR was ever in the plans, why not release it with the original color? Was there a demand from the customers via social media?

I have a question for pretty much every company you'll be visiting.

What is it about THP that makes you (the golf companies) want to get so involved?

The company that comes to mind with this question is callaway. Not many companies have supported THP like Callaway has and as a member here I love to see it. But what do they see in THP that makes them want to be such a big part of what THP is about?

Just thought of another question: as people move to more hybrids in their bag as opposed to long irons, why do the shaft lengths on hybrids continue to be longer than the irons that they are meant to replace? I realize that some of it might be due to weight differences as most irons have steel shafts whereas most hybrids have graphite shafts, but the shaft length differences can lead to some larger yardage gaps in the bag.

I think we should have Mr Dean do a shaft fitting.

I'll have to check my schedule but I should be available.

Can't even fathom what would be in store for that since I really haven't done anything like that before.

#eyeopening

Are the OEMS seeing an increase in demand for lower lofted hybrids (ie 16* hybrids) over fairway woods? That's my question.

Using Tapatalk

THP 2014 Trip To California - Take 2

California. ...duh :)

Smarty pants!!!!

441 in for a shaft fitting should be interesting as well as fun.

How do companies figure out where the bell curve(launch, spin, shaft weight) is for a specific product? Is it through test groups? info from their fitters? Trackman? Demo days?

Last edited:
Working on a final itinerary for this trip.
Lots of 2015 talk will go on.

I know you've said 2014 was/is special and may never be topped, but I can only imagine what awesome things 2015 will bring. Hope you have a safe and productive trip.

441, can you get some of those pervert glasses with a camera in them? If so, bring it to CA and snap some pics at Cleveland.

Have fun out there. Can't wait to see what you come up with for 2015

2015, 2014 isn't even half way through, that's awesome!!!

441, can you get some of those pervert glasses with a camera in them? If so, bring it to CA and snap some pics at Cleveland.

U wish

Man this is creeping up quickly, haven't been this excited about a trip in awhile, going to be something amazing.

Great stuff looming in the near future. I can't wait to hear or see what you and 441 accomplish!

Just about about 10 days away and full itinerary has been set.
Might even play some golf this trip as I normally don't get to.
MikeDean will be working with me on 2015 and some of the ideas are legendary.

Did someone say golf? And 2015 events? Yes please.

Just about about 10 days away and full itinerary has been set.
Might even play some golf this trip as I normally don't get to.
MikeDean will be working with me on 2015 and some of the ideas are legendary.

Now that sounds interesting and amazing.

Excited to see what comes of this trip, you guys will be working but will also have a fantastic time....that I'm sure of.

Taylormade. Milled putters?

Hope you guys are prepared for some heat it will be picking up next week

have fun can't wait to se what you cook up for 2015 events

Back