What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me first preface this by saying this is a quite easy course.
I played 9 for my Friday night league tonight.

Weather was cold 47* misty rain and moderate winds 9-17 MPH.

Tonight I shot a 44 on the par 37 back 9 at Beech Hollow Freeland,MI.
I hit 5 of 8 fairways but managed to miss EVERY STINKING GREEN!!!!
I had one 3 jack and otherwise putted well finishing with 15 putts.

I felt like I left shots out there and still managed a 44. This is a short course this nine only measuring 3098yds.

I am thinking now playing 6400-6600 is way out of my range......
#ShortHitterProblems

CJ, great job man. Keep working at it. Good things are gonna happen with your game this year man. #ShortHitterProblems........I understand my friend!

JM

Except on courses with harder ratings, my scores go up like crazy!
I will take it, but wish I could post better scores wherever I play!

It WILL come!

Practicing for the 2015 Bama MeetnGreet already?
Me to :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Easy course or not, breaking 80 is still a great round in my book.

This, you have to hit shots no matter how hard, easy, short or long the course is. I finally broke 80 last fall on a 6200 yard course and even if it wasn't a long or hard course I still had to play the game.

Snuck in a quick 9. +6 42. Very ho hum... no big mistakes. When i missed the green wasnt able to get it up and down. Things are starting to come together. Just need more work on consistency and more short game work needed

I like the sound of this man. Sounds like it is coming together.

45/43 88 yesterday. I pulled something in my neck on Wednesday and really thought playing might help get me limbered back up, wrong! Every swing was a new adventure in pain, lol. Worst part is we left the course and went to a pool tournament in Grand Island, Ne until way laft this morning. Feel like I need to be in traction now.

41/37 78 (+6)

4th round in a row where I've shot 78

Was a bit inconsistent off the tee today but my iron game was on

I've played three times in the past week and my game seems to be coming back to me. A friend of mine has been getting lessons and of course I tried changing parts of my swing to some of what he's doing. It was a disaster and I just went back to basics. Grip, posture, alignment, swing path.

I shot 74(+3), 76(+4), 73(+2) and have been very solid. I've finally, after 10+ years, decided I don't need driver off every tee and have avoided many of the unnecessary mistakes I normally make. A little better on my short game and I'll be having a fun summer.

Toto bad it'll be 100+ starting next week for the next 3 months.

58/48 for 106

Sounds horrific but tbh, more positives than negatives.

Couple of monster blowups (first oob in months on the 2nd, couple of shanked wedges on 4th) and poor putting on front 9 let me down (eg 4 putting the 6th after GIR).

Apart from those, hit some good drives, 3w and hybrid. Long irons were ok. Couple of good sand shots. Wedges and putting ended well with good chips giving 3 single putts in the last 4 holes.
So game came together, esp on last 6 holes which were played 3 under hcap, highlight was par at 16th which I'd never in competition till today.

2014-05-03%20card.png

If the 10 and 11 were even 7s, could have broken 100 maybe :D

42/40-82
9/13 Fairways
34 putts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot 42/42. I had played this course once a few years ago, but I couldn't remember too much about it. The course played fairly long for me, with 8 of the par 4's playing between 390 and 460 yards.
With all of the hybrids and fairway wood approach shots I had into postage stamp sized greens, I'll take 84 all day long.

I shot 42/42. I had played this course once a few years ago, but I couldn't remember too much about it. The course played fairly long for me, with 8 of the par 4's playing between 390 and 460 yards.
With all of the hybrids and fairway wood approach shots I had into postage stamp sized greens, I'll take 84 all day long.

That's a great score Andy! Nice round dude!

An ugly and I mean ugly 42/41. I can't even add up the # of putts until I have a calculator handy. Didn't hit one FW on the front and only 4/7 on the back. Ended up winning 2up in my match while giving up 7 strokes. Only positive I took from the round. Range time all week long until sun down.

82, 43/39.

Was extremely wet and rained for most of the back 9. Had 3 birdies and 3 doubles and a triple. Blaming the conditions on those ;)

83 today after a front 40 then two doubles on the back. Pulled a few approaches, left two putts a roll short and lipped out two others. Should've broken 80 today finally. Grrrr

38/38 76, new PB on home course again after Thursday's 77. Bad news is I double bogied the last hole! My best of all time is on a much easier course at +3, but more proud of this +4 round overall. new tip: don't play #18 scared of the new low score :alien:

38/38 76, new PB on home course again after Thursday's 77. Bad news is I double bogied the last hole! My best of all time is on a much easier course at +3, but more proud of this +4 round overall. new tip: don't play #18 scared of the new low score :alien:

Congrats on the PB!!

Congrats of PB!

42/39 in match play today to finish 6 up. The back 9 was a personal best with a couple of sand saves that stand out and some people were talking about.
One was a hole out from a greenside trap with an elevated short side hole about 8 yards.
The other was a fairway trap on 18 a par 5, caught the drive flush and it ran into the bunker because of the dry fairways. I was 231 to the green and hit a wonderful 4 iron for an easy 28 yard chip and sunk the putt for a birdie.

83 today after a front 40 then two doubles on the back. Pulled a few approaches, left two putts a roll short and lipped out two others. Should've broken 80 today finally. Grrrr

Where did you play?

First round of the year. It was ugly. I played 9 and shot a 50.

I've got a lot of work to do lol towards my goal of breaking 90. Surprisingly the worst part of my game (driving) was great today. I think I hit 6/7 fairways, but unfortunately I was building sand castles it seemed like on every hole. I had a ton of long bunker shots today and I was flying them long as well. My chipping and sand shots were back and forth across the green.

I took away a lot of positives. My iron game was solid except for the laser guided trajectory into every bunker.

With all this rain that hit my area the course wasn't the greatest, but today the weather was beautiful.

Mixed last 4-days for me.

Played away at Olton for my B-team on Wednesday, demolished my opposition 6&5, was 6-up on the turn, returned a nett 64 on a very nice course not played before so was very happy, especially with my front 9.

Then played Stoneleigh on Thursday in pouring rain on a course that if it hadn't been a Charity Day would have closed before we reached the 2nd! It was like standing under a power shower for 17 holes and all greens were flash flooded! Stuck at it, had 2 nightmare 'blob' holes but dug out 32 points which was a real scramble in such conditions.

Travelled to Woodhall Spa on Friday, the home of England Golf and played the Hotchkin, what a superb course, won my match playing with RickG 6&5 and then had a little 5 hole bet for the remaining holes against our opposition and won that 2-up. 2 silly blobs on the front 9 catching the deepest and most penal bunkers I've ever seen, but a commendable 20 points on the back for a nett 75 and a really enjoyable par on the 18th, 1 of 3 on the back, made for a nice finishing feeling.

Monthly Medal today and just wasn't in it, very inconsistent off the tee, found myself blocked out too many times on the wrong sides of the fairway and when I did get off the tee well I didn't hold the greens on the approach shots, the early morning greens were solid, results just in showed only 1 person nett parred or better so many must have struggled the same today! Missed a good 5 or 6 short 3ft putts also :banghead:

I'm really enjoying my matchplay comps but not quite got to grips with the tee blocks and course management at the new club yet, but I'll get there

80 at one of the worst tracks I have played missed 2 eagle putts one from 15 ft and the worst was missing the 6 footer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very mediocre 88 for me. 5 three putts included - how long until the SeeMore Extravaganza?

87 today for a new pb. Have only busted 90 twice. Was very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back