Whats the Most Fun You've Ever Had Golfing?

Golfing with my parents years ago. Neither is able to play any longer and my mother is in pretty bad shape as she no longer knows what is really happening. Memories are worth more than all the money in the world.

Golf today with ddec and MPLefty was right up there.

A round with my dad before he hurt his back and had to give up the game comes to mind. I miss those times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either playing with local group of THP ers or playing Mauna Kea last year

Last years outing, round with JB, Howzat, and G4L. My God that was a hilarious round.

So tough to pick just one but this is right up there for me as well. I can tell you my favorite rounds have all been with THPers.

At the 2014 Inaugural R&M Classic (don't ask) with 3 friends

There are three rounds that immediately stick out to me as particularly memorable...all with THPers.

The round at the first get together at Sarasota National with Hawk, Smallville, and SeeMoreGuy
The round at the Grand Cypress outing with Tadashi, GolferGal, and AryDolphin
The round at the Atlanta Tour Van Stop with Chewie, JB, and Ole Gray

Just about every round with THPers but the Atlanta Invitational last year despite the monsoon is probably my favorite for alot of reasons.

Only reason this round doesn't rank up there with the others was the damn rain...I hate playing that many holes in a pouring rainstorm.

So tough to pick just one but this is right up there for me as well. I can tell you my favorite rounds have all been with THPers.

Mine too, without any doubt.

The entire weekend of the 2013 Outing.

Just a great time with friends.

Agreed, specifically the final round on Sunday. I had never known how much fun a sevensome could be.

Loved the outing. Wish I'd been able to go to more than one. Was SO damn fun.

Agreed, specifically the final round on Sunday. I had never known how much fun a sevensome could be.

Synchronized tee-shots FTW.

To date all my rounds with THP'ers have been fun.

The Adams event was a blast and the Louisiana Invitational was just good 'ol fun.

I think the best part is if it's your first or tenth event, everyone are happy to see each other and it's a brotherhood you can't explain. You just have to attend an event to experience it.

These are all awesome stories guys!! Keep em coming! I come back to this thread and just read and smile! another fun day for me was when i was super young, probably around 8 or 9 and i hadnt really picked up the game all that seriously yet, and it was with my dad and 2 of his good friends and we just played and laughed the entire round. awesome memories on the golf course.

NOTE: I am really looking forward to the day where i can get to my first THP outing/ event. they sound like an absolute blast!

These are my top two, and they weren't even about me:

The first round my wife played at an executive course. She scored a par and a birdie her first time out.

The first time my wife broke 100 at a "real" course, Minor Park in Kansas City, also in her first year of golfing.

THP events, and miscellaneous rounds with THPers are definitely fun and definitely rank high, but wanted to go with non THP rounds in this thread.

Played a round with my dad this summer that ranks up there, was the first round in over a decade together, also the first time I'd seen him in person in as long. That one is special too and would be my non THP round of choice.

But honestly, the THP rounds will always stick out the most, golf with THP'ers fixes all sorts of things, if you're down, if you're in a slump, if you just need a laugh, if you just want to enjoy people who "get it". Yep, THP golf is something else altogether for me.

Most fun I ever had was a crazy scramble. It was 4 person teams and every hole was different.
1 hole you had to play with only 2 clubs.
The next hole you had to tee off with a putter.
The next hole you had to tee off left handed.
The next hole you got to tee off from the senior tees but had to use n iron.
You get the idea.

It was a BLAST!!!

2 times stick out the most...
1. My 50th birthday, my wife took me to Pebble Beach. . . . glorious !
2. The Playing with Puttin4bird, Dr. Teeth and Dave Cordero on the Kingdom Trip at the Aviara Resort.

Playing in the dark, as a kid. I don't mean dusk either, I mean dark. It was a small town too so no light pollution. Honestly, though I've always taken it too seriously.

Yesterday's qualifying round at Newman GC for our city's 2 man scramble match play tourney was one of the funnest for me in years. My partner was injured and couldn't hit the ball very well. I birdied the first 2 holes with my ball alone. My poor partner didn't even get to putt. By the end we had used 16 of my tee balls, 13 of my shots into greens and I rolled in 4 birdie putts while my partner rolled in one. On the last hole, we had 105 yards in and needed a birdie to shoot a 67 that would beat our best ever Q score for this event. My partner half shanked one to the right side of the green and said' Well we can two putt from there to tie our best score". I told him "I don't want to tie our best score" and hit my 54 degree wedge to 10 inches below the cup for a tap-in 67. Man, it was a great day and the best I have hit the ball in a decade or more. And, whenever I faltered, my injured partner came through in the clutch.

http://www.ppdgolf.org/golf/emailer2020/img/ppdgolf/2-Player_Match_Play_Qualifying_Results.pdf

Last edited:
Sitting in my cart watching Seth Pfeiffer & Joshua Kaplan hit hybrids off the tee to a 285 yard hole and over cooking the green.

Morgan Cup, both the last two years

My friends charity outing for his MIL's foundation is always a blast.

It's get drunk and how badly can I cheat day. Lol

#TheKing

I have two kinds of fun. First, is the playing with friends fun. Every THP outing or gathering I've been too. I don't know why, but it's always such a great time. Truthfully, I remember less about the golf and courses and remember much more about the people I was with.

Then there's my competition kind of fun. City champion past two years, coming from behind both times. Just the thrill and adrenaline rush of having a game plan and executing it. And there is a definite thrill when that "moment" happens and you make your first birdie of the day, and then you just step on the gas and never look back.

~Rock

Final round of the Grandaddy. THP events

I've had the good fortune to play a lot of enjoyable rounds, but that one certainly stands out. Weather, company, setting - everything was perfect.

Back