Indianapolis - 2014 THP Invitational #3 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

How many are looking forward to PGA National and the THP Bridgestone Championship if they win here in Indy?
ME!!!!

Just a quick remainder that signups for PGA National will take place before this Invitational. If you get in, and end up winning, a spot will go to the next person on the waiting list and of course your costs get dramatically reduced.

If you do not sign up, and do not win, and still want to be a part of one of the biggest events THP has ever hosted, you can then add yourself to the waiting list. We truly expect this one to be a sell out rather quickly.

I will for sure be looking to get in on the sign up then hope to dicount my entry to PGA NATIONAL at this event! Will be working my butt off this month

PGA National is a goal for sure. But right now, getting a green in regulation is a bigger goal for me lol

I'm with mr 441 on this stuff. Sandbagging at it's finest...

Starting to get really excited for this. So damn close

How many are looking forward to PGA National and the THP Bridgestone Championship if they win here in Indy?

The THP Bridgestone Championship is the ultimate goal, but that does not overshadow the awesomeness that will be this invitational. It will be a fantastic weekend and 2 worthy THPers will punch their tickets to another amazing weekend.

I'm back. I could've set a world record for beer consumed in a weekend and bowled horribly but I had a blast.

The Fort is absolutely beautiful. There is still a lot of brown down here in my area but The Fort is as green as green gets. Looking at every hole from the tee box is truly picturesque. There is some discoloration on the greens, similar to how some greens look at The Open, but doesn't effect the roll at all. And they are pretty quick too with not much break. Aside from #10 which has an upper tier there isn't much going on with them. I believe there was some speculation about it being tight but that's not the case. That will change some if it is dry when this event takes place as the fairways are extremely short and the ball could roll forever with different conditions than I had Friday. We played the par 4s from the blues and 5s & 3s from the whites and I thought it was a good mix (for my game). Honestly, I expect some of the good guys to have some really good scores.

I am switching the focus of my practice sessions to building stamina. I walked 18 yesterday, my first stroke play 18 of the season. Outside of the Legacy Scramble, it's all been walking 9 holes. I'm more sore today than I expected I would be. So I am going to take a couple of weeks and do "ball beating" sessions where the point is to get 90 or so swings in multiple times in a short window. I liken it to the classic difference between being in shape (which I am) and being in sport-specific shape (which I am not there yet it seems). It will give me a chance to focus on my swing with my hybrids as well, which need some polish. My short game is in pretty good shape right now, I just need to start making these longer putts instead of just leaving them close.

I'm going on record right now to say that whoever gets paired with Michigan Slice (CJ) will have a legitimate shot at winning. He was hitting some great shots today and chutting like an all star.

Ok I forgot to tell work about this. But all is good. Will be figuring out my stay options now.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Yes please. Four chances and wasn't close on the first two. The swing is coming around, but still a TON of work to do.

Pete we were close, until we teed off on 1 :D

I'm going on record right now to say that whoever gets paired with Michigan Slice (CJ) will have a legitimate shot at winning. He was hitting some great shots today and chutting like an all star.

His Chutting got even better this afternoon! Once he fixes those driver issues he will be dropping strokes left and right.

I need distance in a bad way!

Also, need to work on a few other areas, I hope to be squared away come the end of the month!

Pete we were close, until we teed off on 1 :D
Kind of set the tone, didn't it? Pressure was off and we had a blast. Which, as much as I want to win my way into the Bear Trap, is what these Invitationals are all about. Meeting new people, having fun, playing some golf (sometimes good golf).

Kind of set the tone, didn't it? Pressure was off and we had a blast. Which, as much as I want to win my way into the Bear Trap, is what these Invitationals are all about. Meeting new people, having fun, playing some golf (sometimes good golf).

I could not have said it better partner

My accommodations are set. Can't wait. 25 days to go.

My accommodations are set. Can't wait. 25 days to go.

You stayin at the hilton?

You stayin at the hilton?

Nope. I got in after the discount deadline. So I got a room 3.5 stars for $45 plus tax. 12 mins from the course.

Nope. I got in after the discount deadline. So I got a room 3.5 stars for $45 plus tax. 12 mins from the course.

You can always come by our room for some cold pops lol

I can't believe how close this event is. Got a lot of work to do on my game but right now that's the furthest thing from my mind. Just really looking forward to my first official THP event!

You can always come by our room for some cold pops lol

I can't believe how close this event is. Got a lot of work to do on my game but right now that's the furthest thing from my mind. Just really looking forward to my first official THP event!

I will do that. May even, as cookie would call it, have some vodkie! Who's driving to the nudie bar? I'm joking CJ!

you play at sweetbriar yet this year? i was thinking about getting a twilight round in on thursday its going to be nice.

Got my "your trip is around the corner" alerts, crazy.

Very much looking forward to this as its my only invitational this year. Plus, I haven't been to Indy since I was about 4.

Lets keep this one about the event please.

Thank you.

Got my "your trip is around the corner" alerts, crazy.

I've been keeping a countdown for it. Can't believe it's so soon. Before you know it, partners will be announced

Back