Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering irons shafts. I have it narrowed down to the KBS Tours, PXi's, or the stock Cobra graphite shafts. I currently play the Kuro Kage graphite shafts and I really like them but they are not an option for me this year. I really like my ball flight right now and I am a huge fan of graphite which has me leaning towards the stock option at the moment. My only concern with them is they are lighter than my current shaft by a fair amount and should launch the ball a bit higher. I am also worried about dispersion.

All very good thoughts and backed up. Ill be hitting all three this coming saturday. The graphite shafts are second on the list, but as always numbers will decide.

All very good thoughts and backed up. Ill be hitting all three this coming saturday. The graphite shafts are second on the list, but as always numbers will decide.

I am not sure I will get a chance to hit these before we need to have the order in. I need to make that happen however.

Pondering irons shafts. I have it narrowed down to the KBS Tours, PXi's, or the stock Cobra graphite shafts. I currently play the Kuro Kage graphite shafts and I really like them but they are not an option for me this year. I really like my ball flight right now and I am a huge fan of graphite which has me leaning towards the stock option at the moment. My only concern with them is they are lighter than my current shaft by a fair amount and should launch the ball a bit higher. I am also worried about dispersion.

What's the torque comparison between KK and stock?

What's the torque comparison between KK and stock?

3.5 degrees for the KK. Only info I can find on the stock shaft is mid torque. I really have no clue what torque is or how it affects the shot.

3.5 degrees for the KK. Only info I can find on the stock shaft is mid torque. I really have no clue what torque is or how it affects the shot.

I could be wrong but how i understand it is this:

Lower the torque the stiffer it feels. Also more torque will help squaring the face if you are prone to fades/slices. So if your miss is a hook, lower torque will help but it feels stiffer. If your miss is a slice, higher torque will help close the fave but shaft will feel weaker

I could be wrong but how i understand it is this:

Lower the torque the stiffer it feels. Also more torque will help squaring the face if you are prone to fades/slices. So if your miss is a hook, lower torque will help but it feels stiffer. If your miss is a slice, higher torque will help close the fave but shaft will feel weaker

Lots of thoughts on this that go around.

The lower torque will usually feel stiffer .

I am not to sure on picking a shaft based on your miss and the torque helping with that. A few studies out there that show torque has no affect at all in the direction of the ball.

That said if it feels different to me your reaction might be different so testing in robots in this case (and many) could be worthless.

All that said I have always ignored torque and have found shafts with both high and extremely low torque that work just as well .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

After hitting a demo 3W today I'm pondering a 588 5W. That and the Bobby Jones 17* FW.

Why aren't you pondering the 3w?

Heavy ponder mode on a Tank Cruiser #7 or Tank Versa 90 #7. Hitting Golfsmith tonight to have a putter shootout.

I hit an apex 6 iron today. I loved it.
I have a serious mancrush on the Apex irons right now. I've hit them up against pretty much everything and nothing even comes close to the combination of distance, feel, trajectory and dirty good looks.

There was an apex 6 iron sitting in the bay and me and a buddy decided to hit it for fun.

That club feels crazy flush on contact.

No kidding man its right up there with dpc imo

SLDR S line. All of it.

No kidding man its right up there with dpc imo

Ranks much higher than the DPC.

That was tough to type, as I love me some DPC.

But the Apex irons are perhaps the best I have ever hit.

Irons look really nice. This coming from someone who has not been a huge fan of TM iron offerings the past few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a TM fan. The TP line this year was a let down for me. The Speedblades were probably some of the best irons that TM has put out in years, so these have a lot to do to get them to impress me over the blades.

Ranks much higher than the DPC.

That was tough to type, as I love me some DPC.

But the Apex irons are perhaps the best I have ever hit.

Let's not get carried away now
More forgiving yes
Better feeling on the sweet spot...not quite

Im a TM fan. The TP line this year was a let down for me. The Speedblades were the best irons that TM has put out in years, so these have a lot to do to get them to impress me over the blades.

Fixed that like a boss because its true.

Pondering high lofted hybrids now... 5 iron off the tee is ok but when in the rough and fairways... it's hit or miss. Just so much more confidence in my hybrids but lack the 5i distance to bridge the gap between the 6i and 23*.

Thinking about a Betti.BB1

I found the Callaway Big Bertha 3-wood for $219. Seriously pondering putting this thing out to pasture:
1001273.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back