2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what I'm talking about. If he falls, I think he would be worth a pick.

I agree completely....Romo just turned 34, is coming off his second back surgery...the clock is definitely ticking...and Weeden is damn sure not the answer

I said it last year and everyone laughed at me. I think Murray has the best career out of any of the QB's in the draft this year.

not me. Big fan of his.

The contest sounds like it will be fun.

As far as the Bills go, I don't have too much hope after Whaley said "we're fine at QB" and refuse to sign or draft anyone that will put pressure on Manuel. One writer said there are 7 QBs in this draft alone better than EJ Manuel. He was such a reach, the next Blaine Gabbert IMO.
As a Giants fan...you guys couldn't have just taken Ryan Nassib?!

Ehhhhh I'll reserve judgement until I see his full season of work. I don't agree that he is the next Blaine Gabbert, he's already shown he is much more competent than him in just 10 games

I hope you're right. Gabbert's stats over his first 2 years aren't much different than those of Manuel's first 10 games.
They're both big athletic guys but neither has shown that "it" factor (yet).
There were a lot more ewwws than ahhhs watching Manuel last year.

I hope you're right. Gabbert's stats over his first 2 years aren't much different than those of Manuel's first 10 games.
They're both big athletic guys but neither has shown that "it" factor (yet).
There were a lot more ewwws than ahhhs watching Manuel last year.

Jury is still out on Manuel. Despite what the media and many fans seem to think MOST qbs dont come into the league and light it up their first year or two. When this change that a rookie has to be an all star right away beats me but it just is not normal.
The important thing is he makes strides this year. I am more concerned with the three knee injuries than I am his play at the moment. I also don't think the defense was as good last season as many think lots of holes on this team still.

Houston radio was saying today multiple reports heating up about Falcons trading with Texans up to #1 to take Clowney, I hope that works that way Jacksonville will take Manziel and he won't end up in Houston. Houston has had enough Aggie ineptness with McNair, Kubiak etc

Can't wait to see Miami do something dumb..again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see Miami do something dumb..again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jeff Ireland is gone so hopefully the terrible picks are behind them. The smart pick will be offensive line in the 1st round.

I hope that works that way Jacksonville will take Manziel and he won't end up in Houston. Houston has had enough Aggie ineptness with McNair, Kubiak etc

I think there is a zero % chance Jax takes Manziel, or any other QB at #3. You don't waste a high pick on an inferior player just because you need a long term answer at the position. It's just a wasted pick.

I'm really curious where Hingle McCringleberry gets drafted.

Love that my Niners stepped up for the 10th pick

Love that my Niners stepped up for the 10th pick

I thought the Lions were at #10...

We traded we had 14 picks again this year. You got our round 1,2,3.

You believed a report on a mock trade that was made up by an NFL Network analyst. Good job, good effort. This trade hasn't happened.

On another note: I'm already getting my popcorn ready for this thread when the Cowboys are up in the first round and Johnny Football is still sitting there waiting to get drafted.

It's been 3 days since a post here??!! About 2 days till the draft gets kicked off. Don't we need a 1st round draft contest in here! Ha!

All seriousness, what are the rumors that you are hearing about lately? #JohnnyCowboy?

JB, what's the pulse of this years draft and predictions you want to throw out there?

It's been 3 days since a post here??!! About 2 days till the draft gets kicked off. Don't we need a 1st round draft contest in here! Ha!

All seriousness, what are the rumors that you are hearing about lately? #JohnnyCowboy?

JB, what's the pulse of this years draft and predictions you want to throw out there?

The mock trade killed the thread.

Just looking forward to the Browns disappointing me as they always do.

The mock trade killed the thread.

Are they gonna jump on Johnny if he's there? It is so hard to tell what teams really think of him.

Are they gonna jump on Johnny if he's there? It is so hard to tell what teams really think of him.

I hope not with their 1st pick. ..wouldn't be surprised with the pick in the 20s

Spoken like a true Browns fan. Well done!

No I am not a Browns fan, just run with a couple of guys who are and they talk the exact same way.

I hope not with their 1st pick. ..wouldn't be surprised with the pick in the 20s

I think the browns end up taking him or trading out of the pick. Last I read was the owner was pushing for johnny football. So if he gets his way I think they will be drafting him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Been a bit busy with an equipment launch the last two days and gearing up for an event in the next 3 days. Then couple that with a huge contest launched last night.

But there will be a contest this year. Figure it kicks off on draft day and will as always be the 1st few picks. As for breaking news...Here is some.
The Bucs stink.
If the Browns take Bortles, I will be a Browns fan. If they take that dic...tionary name Johnny Football, I will move to the next team (and no its not the Cowboys, rooting for Romo is rooting for mediocrity).

The Cowboys are not a very likable team for an outsider to embrace so not offended. I'm barley holding on myself and if they draft Johnny, that might be the straw that breaks my back.

You are a machine JB, don't know how you do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back