Odyssey Putters Thread

It is a high MOI design (moment of inertia) which aids it the putter not twisting on misses to keep a more consistent line and also the higher inertia typically allows for more distance consistency on misses as well for most golfers who have a tendency to miss across the putter face.

Thanks for you wisdom Jman. Now MXM, versa, tank...The options are almost endless!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for you wisdom Jman. Now MXM, versa, tank...The options are almost endless!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Don't ignore White Hot Pro just because it is the cheapest either....great classic look and awesome insert. Coming from a SeeMore, you may like the #7 CS which I think is only available as WHP or Versa.

Don't ignore White Hot Pro just because it is the cheapest either....great classic look and awesome insert. Coming from a SeeMore, you may like the #7 CS which I think is only available as WHP or Versa.

That's crazy talk. Cheap means no make, haha. I know a few guys that liked the White Hot Pro last year. It yielded a title for one and is still talked about by the other who has a putter problem.

My first Odyssey should be here tomorrow. If UPS comes early, may be able to take it with me to my range session and get some rolls in with it.

Donne is wise. The WHP is the most consistent of them all too IMO

Donne is wise. The WHP is the most consistent of them all too IMO

What makes it more consistent then the versa?

What makes it more consistent then the versa?

The inserts feel different, I've used them head to head multiple times and the WHP is just better sounding, feeling, and performing on overall consistency (pace) IMO. Plus, I'm simply not a fan of the Versa looks/principle like some are, I don't think it works as well as others do for alignment.

I believe it's the same insert - so maybe the heads are constructed slightly different that causes the insert and head to interact differently and produce a different sound?

I believe it's the same insert - so maybe the heads are constructed slightly different that causes the insert and head to interact differently and produce a different sound

Maybe, but what I have seen time and time again head to head is what I have seen. I thought I was crazy at first, but I can't deny my results.

The brain is a powerful thing, and that could very well be part of it as I really don't care for the looks of the Versa at all.

Maybe, but what I have seen time and time again head to head is what I have seen. I thought I was crazy at first, but I can't deny my results.

The brain is a powerful thing, and that could very well be part of it as I really don't care for the looks of the Versa at all.

It so crazy how the way the insert is packaged can make a difference.

Have you had a chance to roll the protype IX? Right from the description of the Protype IX it says WHP Insert while the Versa just says "New insert" so I wonder how the Protype IX feels compared to the WHP.

I have the Versa and Protype IX and they feel relatively similar - if i had to make a distinction I would say the Versa sounds a bit more muted

Last edited:
It so crazy how the way the insert is packaged can make a difference.

The mind is a powerful thing, we all have our hangups haha

I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. James you were right again. Like the WHP insert alot more than the Milled face in the MXMV.

Have you had a chance to roll the protype IX? Right from the description of the Protype IX it says WHP Insert while the Versa just says "New insert" so I wonder how the Protype IX feels compared to the WHP.

I have the Versa and Protype IX and they feel relatively similar - if i had to make a distinction I would say the Versa sounds a bit more muted

I'm going to have a long talk with my fitter about this very thing. I am hoping for a chance to roll a prototype ix on Thursday. I'd like to see the difference between that and the MXM.

I'm going to have a long talk with my fitter about this very thing. I am hoping for a chance to roll a prototype ix on Thursday. I'd like to see the difference between that and the MXM.

Make sure they are available to be chosen in the MC. Check with the tour rep. Reason I say that is because when you go in Odyssey website they are there but you cannot buy them. It just says to find them locally.

Make sure they are available to be chosen in the MC. Check with the tour rep. Reason I say that is because when you go in Odyssey website they are there but you cannot buy them. It just says to find them locally.

Will do brotanomo. After the fitting I am Going to have a long talk with my tour rep about some things.

I have been rolling both side by side for the past week. They are both fantastic putters and it is really going to come down to personal preference. I love the the ability to add the extra weight with the Protype IX when compared to the WHP.

For me, I am rolling the Metal X Milled better - for some reason my distance control is better with the MXM so it will stay in the bag over the Protype IX for now. But again, it's going to be complete personal preference.

Just got confirmation on twitter from Austie that the whp, Versa and protype IX all have the same insert

Just got confirmation on twitter from Austie that the whp, Versa and protype IX all have the same insert

As I said earlier, not surprised that they are the same. But still prefer the WHP's to the Versa's and its not even close for me, mental or not, its there.

odyssey-tank-cruiser-330m-2.jpg

Want.

Trigger... go ahead, pull it.

It was in the works, but some things changed, going another putter route now for the MC prep. After July though, its mine, hell it AND the 7 might be. .

It was in the works, but some things changed, going another putter route now for the MC prep. After July though, its mine, hell it AND the 7 might be. .

Since when do you WAIT for a putter?

Since when do you WAIT for a putter?

Apparently my restraint for other clubs is rubbing off on putters now.

Plus, all eyes on the Cup!

Apparently my restraint for other clubs is rubbing off on putters now.

Plus, all eyes on the Cup!

Atta boy.

Back