2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see what the Colts do in the 1st round baby...

OH WAIT.

Trent Richardson.

To start with the idea of anything being based on ticket sales. Its the NFL, they need no help with that in just about every place.
Then the idea of those 3 QBs being the answer or even safer picks than those of the 1st round. I understand you said to "hold the bag", but this is the NFL, there is no holding the bag as far as fans and teams are concerned.

With the #1 pick you must take a gem. Even with slotted salaries, a bad #1 overall pick takes you down 3 years. I also dont agree that Fitz is not the answer because he can "hold the bag" far better than any of the 3 guys you want to waste a draft pick on.

Without a sure fire #1 pick, trading down is always the answer (especially to fans) because almost always, the team picking number one has multiple glaring holes. I dont believe that Manziel does more for immediate success of that team and surely dont think a team should ever draft a player for ticket sales in the 1st round.

My comment was more about retaining local interest because of how fair weather this city can be & not patient enough to sit through another losing or mediocre season. Ticket sales was a bad analogy & agree the NFL is as popular as ever and doesn't need help there. It was more of a local concern.

Being #1 you have to make sure you draft a player that will play well and impact your team immediately. That guy IMO is Manziel. Clowney is safer given the position he plays vs QB, but just don't like the questions regarding his work ethic and taking plays off. Everyone says JJ will get him playing every play, but that shouldn't be JJ's responsibility.

In the end I want a trade down bc we have to plug too many holes. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

A defense with Watt/Clowney and Cushing can keep you in a lot of games

And I agree with you....for the most part the QB's in this draft down to #6 or so seem very comparable.

Who will go first Manziel, Bridgewater or Bortles?

If Texans don't I don't see him getting past Cleveland

Jay Glazer reporting that the Browns will not take Johnny Manziel if he's there at 4

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Browns won't draft Texas A& M QB Johnny Manziel.
No team has been more closely linked to Manziel than the Browns, but almost no reporter is as plugged in as Glazer. It's possible this is just more pre-draft subterfuge, but Glazer has an extremely low miss rate. Manziel seems destined to go in the first 10 picks, but a slide is not out of the question.

JB - What are your thoughts on Taylor Lewan? It's a name I see often in mocks attached to the Falcons at 6, even ahead of Jake Matthews. Obviously, Atlanta needs offensive linemen, but after Robinson, is Lewan 2nd best?

After watching Lewan at Michigan for 4 years the guy is a headcase!! Great player but would follow up a great play by getting a stupid penalty! He has taken quite a few cheap shots in his time with the Maize and Blue and also has had numerous off the field issues....I would stay away!!

Wouldn't be surprised if Manziel wound up in Tampa.

Wouldn't be surprised if Manziel wound up in Tampa.

I have actually seen a few mocks that now have him falling out of the first round??? Don't really see that happening...but I could see Cleveland going Watkins @ 4 and then grabbing Bridgewater or Carr at 26.

I really feel like pushing the draft back hurt them, I have had little interest in it, and thought I missed it.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

I really feel like pushing the draft back hurt them, I have had little interest in it, and thought I missed it.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

While some fans and teams agree with you, ratings say otherwise.

While some fans and teams agree with you, ratings say otherwise.

I guess Goodell and the TV networks are the only ones that like it.

What does everyone think of Anthony Barr? He is the most common prospect linked to the Titans. He looks like he will be a star but also has some things that concern me ( like the fact that he has only played defense for 2 years I think that's what I read)

Also as a titans fan I hope that the Texans dont take Clowney I do not want to face Clowney and Watt twice a year. If I had my choice I want them to take Manziel at 1

glazer says no Johnny Football in Oakland either

@JayGlazer: Nope RT @Massappeal2020: @mikefreemanNFL @JayGlazer Hey boys how about my Raiders @ 5?

Bortles too much to like but i bet Min gets the first QB too many questions with all the QB's in the top 10

I have actually seen a few mocks that now have him falling out of the first round??? Don't really see that happening...but I could see Cleveland going Watkins @ 4 and then grabbing Bridgewater or Carr at 26.

That would be a huge win for them

What does everyone think of Anthony Barr? He is the most common prospect linked to the Titans. He looks like he will be a star but also has some things that concern me ( like the fact that he has only played defense for 2 years I think that's what I read)

Also as a titans fan I hope that the Texans dont take Clowney I do not want to face Clowney and Watt twice a year. If I had my choice I want them to take Manziel at 1

I'm sure it's all speculation, but I heard the Texans really like Bortles and are looking to trade down, probably with Atlanta.

I'm sure it's all speculation, but I heard the Texans really like Bortles and are looking to trade down, probably with Atlanta.

Bortles has long been rumored the favorite for O'Brien, but the hang up is he isn't worth the #1 pick according to the scouts and pundits.

Wouldn't shock me to see us take Clowney then trade him away to a team lower for picks or with an agreement they grab a player for us later.

I have not been paying enough attention to this, this year. I am excited though to see who goes where. Will be fun.

Watkins and Gordon

I'd cry seriously...As long as that later pick is a qb I'd be in heaven

Watkins and Gordon

As a Steeler fan I'd likely cry too.

I'd like to throw this in because I just seen commercial again... I LOVE Deion Sandcastle!

Watkins and Gordon

After watching Carr he would be a great addition just needs a year on the bench to learn the system he has a cannon for an arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back