Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

My exclusive Callaway bag has been taken over by Cleveland ( Cleveland clubs 9 - Callaway clubs 4)

That's great playing today, Aussie Dave! I think you will enjoy the whole set.

My exclusive Callaway bag has been taken over by Cleveland ( Cleveland clubs 9 - Callaway clubs 4)

Heh I have a TM bag and not one TM club now. In fact if I could find a Cleveland driver-3w and putter I liked, I could be a staffer lol

ok guys mine come in today for sure and I will be gaming a full bag of Altitudes. I'll be mugging anything that looks like a Priority Mail truck today. :D As soon as they arrive I'm boxing up my Callaway XF irons and sending them back to Cally Preowned for my trade in to be applied.

ok guys mine come in today for sure and I will be gaming a full bag of Altitudes. I'll be mugging anything that looks like a Priority Mail truck today. :D As soon as they arrive I'm boxing up my Callaway XF irons and sending them back to Cally Preowned for my trade in to be applied.

Glad to hear it! I'm looking forward to your thoughts this evening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Your gonna lovem OG

Wow Ole Gray, I know you raved quite a bit about the Callaway XF when you first got them to.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

Wow Ole Gray, I know you raved quite a bit about the Callaway XF when you first got them to.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

They are really awesome irons in their own respect. It's now time to move on and enjoy something a bit different :thumb:

I'm excited for you OG, I truly am.

They are really awesome irons in their own respect. It's now time to move on and enjoy something a bit different :thumb:

Do work OG! Looking forward to hear how they work for you!

I can't wait to hear about you tearing up the course with those bad boys, OG!

I'm excited for you OG, I truly am.

Thanks James. If the rest of the set is as much fun as the DW, then I've found the type irons I need to game. I'm moving in a different direction with my golf and it's more about having fun than anything else. I believe these will help me to do just that.

Do work OG! Looking forward to hear how they work for you!

You got some new babies coming this week too hoss! I'm looking forward to your new adventure as well :thumb:

Thanks James. If the rest of the set is as much fun as the DW, then I've found the type irons I need to game. I'm moving in a different direction with my golf and it's more about having fun than anything else. I believe these will help me to do just that.

You got some new babies coming this week too hoss! I'm looking forward to your new adventure as well :thumb:

They're here and I've gamed them already! We need to get together soon and tear up LC again soon!

I hit the DW and PW some at the range last night and just crushed them. These with graphite shafts hit extremely high shots -- probably the highest I've ever hit. My Niblicks have been rock solid in my bag for several years, but may be on notice.

I've been messing around with the Mashie+ 3/4 as a replacement for the Altitude 4H. I played with that setup last weekend and have been hitting it well.

I hit the DW and PW some at the range last night and just crushed them. These with graphite shafts hit extremely high shots -- probably the highest I've ever hit. My Niblicks have been rock solid in my bag for several years, but may be on notice.

I've been messing around with the Mashie+ 3/4 as a replacement for the Altitude 4H. I played with that setup last weekend and have been hitting it well.

We have some approach shots where you must bring it in high so this aspect of the Altitudes is making me smile. :D

2 weeks of rain/cold/wind, and today is the first day of sunshine. Of course the ranges are sopping wet.

No range/golf for me yet.... getting annoyed, want to swing my Altitudes. It seems like my first real chance won't be for at least Monday or Tuesday.

Got the 6Hybron packed for Orlando. Was hitting this last night on the range and could only get awesome shots. These clubs maybe ugly but work out great.

Considering this one for the MC coers?

Considering this one for the MC coers?

Defiantly am man. I want whatever works for me and helps me get a great fall flight and I know where its going with my swing. I got the Mt6iron with me to. So I'll see how it does down in Orlando.

Good call. The grass will be similar to what you see in MB.

Got the 6Hybron packed for Orlando. Was hitting this last night on the range and could only get awesome shots. These clubs maybe ugly but work out great.

So we will have a battle of Hyrons on Saturday too, NOICE!

I got mine in the bag boys! :bomb: I did not get out to play as today is KellyBo's Birthday and she had me packing some stuff up for our move. :D I did hit a couple balls out into the field with my five iron and good golly miss molly! :bulgy-eyes: That dawg will hunt. :thumb:

edit: My 8 - DW came with new Winn Dry Tec grips! The 4 - 7 came with the counter balanced grips Jack Nicklaus does the commercial for. They all look brand new and they are mid sized to boot. Must be meant to be.

Last edited:
Hit a bunch of balls at the range today, and was hitting everything pretty well except the shorter clubs. I was struggling a bit with the D and S, as far as getting solid hits. A lot of thin hits, fats, scoops. I wonder if maybe the shafts are too light in those clubs. Sometimes I seem to hit the smart sole S farther than the altitude S. Also I have been working on my driving a lot lately, which has been going great, but it seems like whenever I can hit driver well I struggle with the short clubs.

This is the same thing I found with the Alt S. I think it was the graphite shaft and not the clubhead though.
Hit a bunch of balls at the range today, and was hitting everything pretty well except the shorter clubs. I was struggling a bit with the D and S, as far as getting solid hits. A lot of thin hits, fats, scoops. I wonder if maybe the shafts are too light in those clubs. Sometimes I seem to hit the smart sole S farther than the altitude S. Also I have been working on my driving a lot lately, which has been going great, but it seems like whenever I can hit driver well I struggle with the short clubs.

In this thread here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...little-advice-about-my-new-set-of-irons/page2

A sales rep for Adams (assumed) suggests that these "hybrids" will plateau a golfer and prevent them from improving. He states directly that, "With the altitudes, your game is never going to improve".

Personally, I disagreed with his comments. And I think it is misguided for many reasons. But I thought it was an interesting comment coming from the "sales" side of the iron market and may be equally interesting to those looking at these clubs.

Back