Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always liked the 1, 7, and 9. I'm hoping they have the 1 wide cruiser as well. I'm going to be putting for a while.

Nice dude. Enjoy. I've had putters on the brain non-stop lately.

What are you having problems with? You're getting numbers on different ones, right? Why not just go with what works best?

Iron shafts are pretty much a lock. I got those narrowed down between 2. KBS Tour 90's or DG SL. Now I'm just kinda stuck on driver shafts because the J40 head is so low spinning and I already launch the ball low.

I never tought I would enter the shaft ponder train, but at the callaway tent in saratoga a few weeks ago, I tried the apex with a 110g kps shaft and I like it.
it was the first time I tried a shaft that heavy.
I still need a bit more help than what the Apex can provide, but I liked the shaft

I could go for a shaft fitting soon.

Was that the R Flex KBS Tour?

Was that the R Flex KBS Tour?

I think it was a stiff, and I couldnt tell which one it was, maybe the tour 90?

I think it was a stiff, and I couldnt tell which one it was, maybe the tour 90?

Tour 90 S is 102g I think. Basically a step below the R Flex KBS Tour. Sort of weird how that works. Tour 90 is a great shaft.

I've always liked the 1, 7, and 9. I'm hoping they have the 1 wide cruiser as well. I'm going to be putting for a while.

The 1 wide is such a great head. Make sure to get in that Odyssey thread with some photos and updates dude!

Tour 90 S is 102g I think. Basically a step below the R Flex KBS Tour. Sort of weird how that works. Tour 90 is a great shaft.

I am pretty sure it was 110 and stiff, other than that I am not sure, I told the rep that I liked something between reg and stiff in my Irons.

I do not know much about shafts honestly, even less about iron shafts, but it felt good with the apex, not sure if it would be good in my X hots

I'm heading to Golfsmith in a bit to test out all of the Odyssey putters. It's a good thing I have nothing to do all day.

The #1 wide Tank Cruiser is awesome dude. Cant wait to hear your thoughts on it all.

I am pretty sure it was 110 and stiff, other than that I am not sure, I told the rep that I liked something between reg and stiff in my Irons.

I do not know much about shafts honestly, even less about iron shafts, but it felt good with the apex, not sure if it would be good in my X hots

Sorry, I'm slow today. It was the new Tour V.

Sorry, I'm slow today. It was the new Tour V.

that would make sense. Sadly I was on the range when Lefty went and hit the Cally stuff. I hit some Apex Pro irons later that morning. They were ok. I like the regular Apex head much better.

The 1 wide is such a great head. Make sure to get in that Odyssey thread with some photos and updates dude!

I will absolutely do that.

I can't wait to see which one you favour Smithfaced. I gravitated so quickly to the #1 it wasn't even funny, although that Tank Cruiser is pretty interesting.

I can't wait to see which one you favour Smithfaced. I gravitated so quickly to the #1 it wasn't even funny, although that Tank Cruiser is pretty interesting.

Sadly for us Lefties its the only model they make a #1 wide. I believe there is a Versa #1 Wide for righties so at least he has some options.

#1 Wide.

Need.

pondering a Spider Slant putter.

SpiderBlade_Slant_3_4.jpg

Sadly for us Lefties its the only model they make a #1 wide. I believe there is a Versa #1 Wide for righties so at least he has some options.

Time to make a change to RH. I think you'll live a happier life.

I think the simple answer Martin....is new Apex irons with the KBS Tour V.

that would make sense. Sadly I was on the range when Lefty went and hit the Cally stuff. I hit some Apex Pro irons later that morning. They were ok. I like the regular Apex head much better.
I agree. What shaft were you hitting that day again?

Considering going slant for the MC as well.

I love the look of a slant neck. I played with the #9 style out at La Costa and it just didn't feel right. When it arrives next week I'm throwing a SS grip on it and seeing if that makes any difference.

Recoil F3.

I think I need more forgiveness than that, plus apexes are expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back