Odyssey Putters Thread

Just got confirmation on twitter from Austie that the whp, Versa and protype IX all have the same insert

Thanks for the info. I sent out a tweet and hadn't heard anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I sent out a tweet and hadn't heard anything.

Funnily enough Buck and I were just discussing this and he said he actually talked to Harry about why if the insert is the same they feel/sound so different. Harry told him it comes back to head material and design, which makes perfect sense as to what I've seen using them side by side (versa and WHP). If Buck has seen the same thing, then I know I'm not crazy, two putter addicts can't be crazy.

I originally was set on a MXM #6. However the more I really think about what's best for my game and my MC success I keep coming back to a mallet. I just re read the V-line review and have been checking out the Odyssey website. A trip to Golf Galaxy is in order soon for some head to head try outs.

Adding three more to the collection, White Hot XG, White Hot Pro, and White Ice XG all #9.

Rolled the new Protype Black 2ball on the carpet after putting a 1.0 Super Stroke on it. I may still add some weight to the head, but going to try it out this weekend on the course. This will be my first foray into a non center shafted putter in quite some time, but I think the double bend and face balance will keep me in line.

Just got to Golfsmith and went straight for the Tank Cruiser #1. I don't love the feel but speed is pretty amazing for me. I've typically had issues with blowing balls way past the hole with counterbalanced putters but so far this one has been phenomenal.

I was hoping this would be somewhat easy but that's not happening. MXM #6 is beautiful and I putt really well with it when compared to everything else. The 1 wide cruiser keeps finding its way back into my hands as well.

I was hoping this would be somewhat easy but that's not happening. MXM #6 is beautiful and I putt really well with it when compared to everything else. The 1 wide cruiser keeps finding its way back into my hands as well.

Best advice I can give you as it has been passed along to me. Get whatever putter you want to get and works best for you. Get what will make you happy.

Best advice I can give you as it has been passed along to me. Get whatever putter you want to get and works best for you. Get what will make you happy.

What Ricky said - so much of putting is confidence. You need to be confident and enjoy the putter you are using. It is so personal so you can't really have someone else tell you what is going to work best for you. I know the White Hot Pro insert is an incredible insert, but I just put better with the MXM. No real ryhme or reason other than I just drop more putts

Right now the 1 wide Cruiser is winning me over because of it's performance at 10-12 feet. So easy to start it on line and the feel is growing on me.

Right now the 1 wide Cruiser is winning me over because of it's performance at 10-12 feet. So easy to start it on line and the feel is growing on me.

I hate SS grips but something about the damn weighting in that Cruiser just feels so right. Just helps put a nice smooth stroke on the ball. That is what I am going with. Tank Cruiser #1 Wide 35 inch.

I hate SS grips but something about the damn weighting in that Cruiser just feels so right. Just helps put a nice smooth stroke on the ball. That is what I am going with. Tank Cruiser #1 Wide 35 inch.

I'm not much of a SS fan either but that thing was pretty incredible. They only had the 38 inch but I like the idea of a longer putter. I think I've decided on my first club for my MC bag.

I'm not much of a SS fan either but that thing was pretty incredible. They only had the 38 inch but I like the idea of a longer putter. I think I've decided on my first club for my MC bag.

I believe thats 4 Callaway Staffers going with Tank Cruisers. You, Me, DcBrad, and Trevor. I see a trend forming...haha

Has anyone with a cruiser done any tinkering with the weights? I need to educate myself more because I don't know anything about adjustability in putters.

Has anyone with a cruiser done any tinkering with the weights? I need to educate myself more because I don't know anything about adjustability in putters.

James talks about that quite a bit in the review and review thread iirc.

I believe thats 4 Callaway Staffers going with Tank Cruisers. You, Me, DcBrad, and Trevor. I see a trend forming...haha

There's a good chance I'll be rocking one. Would take putting lights out with something else to move me off of it. I'll find out next week for certain, but a 1-Wide at 35" sounds about right.

I rolled a MXM 9HT yesterday...man what an awsome feeling putter. And that shape...I may have to add #9 shape, just for fun sometime...such a great shape. the #8 (8802 style) is still my all time favorite though..

Anyone close to Bloomfield Hills, MI on 5/17 can get one of these

words cannot describe what I would do for that mallet cover.. Wow

PAGING TPLUFF!! GET ME ONE OF THOSE COVERS hahahha

Anyone close to Bloomfield Hills, MI on 5/17 can get one of these

Is that a belt buckle? Looks sweet!

Back