What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fought the rain today and met up with a good friend. At least the company was good because the golf was awful: 48-43 for 91. I even putted really well today and still shot that number. I feel like my full swing is a complete mess right now, it's hard to keep focused on making changes in my swing when I go out and hit terrible shots like I did today. This game is frustrating.

First round in a week, took a while to get everything going.

(Not a real score, took a breakfast ball on the 10th...hit the weirdest drive...the ball moved maybe 15 yards :) )

Screen_Shot_2014_05_09_at_23_45_31.png

played 18 yesterday afternoon...my driver was either perfect and long...or big ugly hook and about 50/50 of each

43/45 = 88
7/13 FW
7 GIR
31 putts
2 bunkers
5 penalty strokes

88 which was 41/47. I kept leaving 40+ foot putts so i had way to many 3-putts!

A solid 80 on punched greens. Weather was awesome! Was not sure how to handle the lack of 20 mph winds!

40 today for 9 holes. 2 fairways 5 greens 1 penalty and 20 putts. Half of my shots with the flat stick need to keep working at it.

Really felt good out there ball striking wise a couple miss hits but didn't kill me. Penalty was a blocked drive that should have been great. Oh well. I gave my self a look at Eagle and birdie and 3 putted both...... Ugh

Keep grinding

Walked 9. +3 39
y5u7y9y7.jpg

2/7 fir, 4/9 gir, 16 putts. Lots of missed opportunities to go really low. 1/5 up and downs. Just a few more will make ridiculous differences in my scoring and handicap. I will take that as motivation!

Played 9. Single in a cart behind a 3 some walking with stand bags. Guys took probably 7 practice swings each and would make me sit and watch them on the tee box. Kinda frustrating but such are the rules.
y2e9e3e7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Tough 89 today after a 41 on the front. I think 5 straight days of golf finally caught up with me. Mentally I wasn't in it after my tee shot on 10 went OB. I'm taking Saturday off so I'm fresh for my Sunday round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tough 89 today after a 41 on the front. I think 5 straight days of golf finally caught up with me. Mentally I wasn't in it after my tee shot on 10 went OB. I'm taking Saturday off so I'm fresh for my Sunday round.

5 straight days will do it to you, dude. Rest up and get back out there and give it hell!

5 straight days will do it to you, dude. Rest up and get back out there and give it hell!

My wife couldn't believe what she read when I text her going into 17. I was talking with Canadan as well and said my mind hasn't been in the round for the past 6 holes.

My wife couldn't believe what she read when I text her going into 17. I was talking with Canadan as well and said my mind hasn't been in the round for the past 6 holes.

Rest will be good dude. Rest up and come back fresh and focused sunday!

Not sure if I have ever mentally bailed on a round, but that sucks dude.

Not sure if I have ever mentally bailed on a round, but that sucks dude.

Today was a lesson in what not to do the day before an important round of golf i.e. The Morgan Cup.

Today was a lesson in what not to do the day before an important round of golf i.e. The Morgan Cup.

Always good to learn those things now, bro.

I went out and played a course other than my home course today, which is something I don't do very often. I ended up shooting +3 73 @ Sugar Tree. It's a very short course but it's a VERY tight course too. Lots of tree trouble. It also helps to have some course knowledge as there are a few blind tee shots. The greens were in decent shape, but they were grown out just a bit and a little hard to get a true roll on. I had 3 bogeys on the front due to 3 putts. I had a hard time controlling my pace early on.

7/14 fairways, 9/18 greens, 30 putts, 6/9 on up and down attempts.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Easy8THP/round/26108?ishybrid=true&round_id=26108

Shot a miserable 88 at a course I normally play pretty well. Stupid sprinklers... I swear its like they sense me teeing off. Get to green and putt and my ball rooster tails water behind it lol. Did drive my very first official 300 yard drive ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I went out and played a course other than my home course today, which is something I don't do very often. I ended up shooting +3 73 @ Sugar Tree. It's a very short course but it's a VERY tight course too. Lots of tree trouble. It also helps to have some course knowledge as there are a few blind tee shots. The greens were in decent shape, but they were grown out just a bit and a little hard to get a true roll on. I had 3 bogeys on the front due to 3 putts. I had a hard time controlling my pace early on.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Easy8THP/round/26108?ishybrid=true&round_id=26108

Dude! I love Sugar Tree, That place is a steal on price too!

Glad to hear you got over there. I'm playing there tomorrow. I have not been on that course in a few years. Looking forward to checking out our again.

We got 13 holes in today before some Nasty Thunderstorms popped up and sent us running for shelter.
I shot 37 on the front with 2 bogies and 1 birdie, and was 1 over on the back thru 4 holes when we called our match in the interest of safety.

F0E4615D-2A1C-4479-AA3D-52AD10B377D9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]im playing so so good now .. Even par on the 7th hardest course in the state . Thanks lee comeaux .. I'm on fire , and will be scratch this year : can't wait for my first tournament . So wish I could bottle some of this good play up and send to you guys .. Go lee

F0E4615D-2A1C-4479-AA3D-52AD10B377D9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]im playing so so good now .. Even par on the 7th hardest course in the state . Thanks lee comeaux .. I'm on fire , and will be scratch this year : can't wait for my first tournament . So wish I could bottle some of this good play up and send to you guys .. Go lee

What course MM?

I shot the low round of my golfing life today with an 83. I played the same course one year ago and shot 100. So it's fair to say I'm improving.

It might have been even better had I not four putted the second green but I forgot about it and got par on the next. So I was 8 over at the turn and I finished strong with a 3 over 39 on the back. What's strange about that is that the wind was getting stronger and stronger all the time.

There will be a video going up on the HOTD thread very soon.

Played 18 today while giving a lesson to a kid at the local high school and ended up picking up another student.

Wasn't really trying on the front and shot 3 over thanks to a double on the first hole. On the back I shot 3 under with two frustrating lip outs.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I shot the low round of my golfing life today with an 83. I played the same course one year ago and shot 100. So it's fair to say I'm improving.

It might have been even better had I not four putted the second green but I forgot about it and got par on the next. So I was 8 over at the turn and I finished strong with a 3 over 39 on the back. What's strange about that is that the wind was getting stronger and stronger all the time.

There will be a video going up on the HOTD thread very soon.

Congrats on PB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back