TaylorMade SLDR Irons Preview

With Ddec's & GolferGal's coverage, I don't know why you would go anywhere else for information on these irons.

With Ddec's & GolferGal's coverage, I don't know why you would go anywhere else for information on these irons.

for sure they were so quick getting us info i don't think you could get any faster

Really looking forward to putting these through their paces this weekend on the range.

I honestly wasn't impressed with the speedblades and am skeptical on the tech and theory that TM is going with over the last yr.

Simmer down haha... Didnt know other resource for live events. Noted now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got that right buddy, they did an amazing job!

I can't wait to see these on Staff Sponsor day! TM staffers are in for a treat with these new releases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I see these as a " tweener" iron. Just like the R11 irons were more game improvement-like than the TP CB, but more "players iron" looking than the Burner 2.0. The distance fell between the 2, as well as the looks. I see these in the same category. Bigger than the CB, but smaller than a SB, and distances somewhere in the middle. I know my r11 irons were my first irons I was ever fitted for (the first irons I ever bought that wasn't in a box set), which I bought only a few months in to starting to golf again after 20 years (and even 20 years ago, I only played maybe a dozen times). The R11 were not too much iron for me. I would say, at least try them. If I hadn't bought my SpeedBlades recently, these would be on my wish list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Ddec's & GolferGal's coverage would just like to say a big thanks really looking forward to trying these out,liked the R11s but think these will perform even better, But they will have to, to knock the TTs out the bag

I think they look great and wouldn't hesitate to try them out.

Looking forward to getting some swings in with these tomorrow. I imagine this thread will be littered with feedback this weekend.

Looking forward to getting some swings in with these tomorrow. I imagine this thread will be littered with feedback this weekend.

Ditto dude, I'm looking forward to this whole line this weeken

I'll be real curious to hear your thoughts how these compare to the Apex irons.

I'm really envious of those who will get to see and hit these this weekend. I'm really anxious to get to do that soon.

Can't wait to hear what everyone at the Love is in the Air event thought of these.

Can't wait to hear what everyone at the Love is in the Air event thought of these.

Same here, need to hear what more people think.

I didn't get to hit these on the range today unfortunately. Heard a few good things from others tho

Hit them today. At address, they look very much like the Speedblades. I put the SB 6i side by side the sldr and they were very close.

Distance is about on par with them as well I thought. Wasn't super fond of the stock shaft but the wind was flaring up a lot on the range.

The only feedback I had that I didn't like at all was the finish. Chrome is pretty brutal in the sun. It's not a huge deal but at the right time of day, oof.

Hit them today. At address, they look very much like the Speedblades. I put the SB 6i side by side the sldr and they were very close.

Distance is about on par with them as well I thought. Wasn't super fond of the stock shaft but the wind was flaring up a lot on the range.

The only feedback I had that I didn't like at all was the finish. Chrome is pretty brutal in the sun. It's not a huge deal but at the right time of day, oof.

I'm not a chrome guy either. Flight too high for you in the stock setup?

A little surprised that they look more like the SpeedBlades rather than the CBs. I thought they were a little more compact.

A little surprised that they look more like the SpeedBlades rather than the CBs. I thought they were a little more compact.

I am glad i went with CB 5iron rather than waiting for these but i might still get one as a 4 iron

Had a chance to hit these today. Ball flight and forgiveness was on par with SpeedBlades. With the right shaft pairing for my swing these could be point and shoot.

I'm not a chrome guy either. Flight too high for you in the stock setup?

Little bit yeah. They were getting beat in the wind. Face feels good though

Top lines looked really really close. Not a bad thing but something I noticed

Top lines looked really really close. Not a bad thing but something I noticed
I always thought the two-tone top line of the SpeedBlades made it appear smaller than it was.

TaylorMade SLDRs Irons Preview

TaylorMade SLDRs Irons Preview

It's not as compact as I was expecting that's for sure.

Back