Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

I am loving the results I am seeing with this club. I have it set at n/s with a draw bias weighting. The combo has the ball mid flight to mid/high with a little fade.

I am loving the results I am seeing with this club. I have it set at n/s with a draw bias weighting. The combo has the ball mid flight to mid/high with a little fade.

This driver is a freaking rockstar isn't it?

So many happy people in this thread with this driver.... I almost want to say a lot more than the Sldr thread.... I am going to the PGA superstore next weekend and brining my r11s with me to compare against the Bertha, xhot2, and the sldr....

Tap tap taparoo

This driver is a freaking rockstar isn't it?

It really is, once you find a shaft that works. The club is crisp, long and accurate. I hit a lot of fairways today.

So many happy people in this thread with this driver.... I almost want to say a lot more than the Sldr thread.... I am going to the PGA superstore next weekend and brining my r11s with me to compare against the Bertha, xhot2, and the sldr....

Tap tap taparoo

SLDR is a different beast, a much much much much much much more unforgiving beast. Lower spin than Bertha too, but damn its penalizing on misses.

SLDR is a different beast, a much much much much much much more unforgiving beast. Lower spin than Bertha too, but damn its penalizing on misses.

When you connect on the screws for each, Would you say they are comparable distance wise? From what I have read I think the Bertha is going to be the right club.

Tap tap taparoo

When you connect on the screws for each, Would you say they are comparable distance wise? From what I have read I think the Bertha is going to be the right club.

Tap tap taparoo

If you are talking dead center absolute middle, the SLDR will be longer, but if you miss even just marginally the Bertha dominates it there with the retention of ball speeds on misses.

If you are talking dead center absolute middle, the SLDR will be longer, but if you miss even just marginally the Bertha dominates it there with the retention of ball speeds on misses.

Thanks for that info. Marginal forgiveness is huge!

Tap tap taparoo

Mine will be here Monday between 2:30 & 6:30 I hope it is the early part of the window. I can't wait to get that bad boy on the range. Does the adapter from the X-Hot fit this driver or is it a different animal?

Mine will be here Monday between 2:30 & 6:30 I hope it is the early part of the window. I can't wait to get that bad boy on the range. Does the adapter from the X-Hot fit this driver or is it a different animal?

Xhot adaptor will not fit. X2hot, optiforce will

I had an off day with the Bertha today, and it still performed admirably considering the pathetic swipes I was making.

Still hit a good percentage of fairways and the distance on misses wasn't brutal either.

Was swapping back and fourth between the tour blue and the fubuki at the range today. Had some interesting results. The blue seemed really tight and consistent while the fubuki had some wider dispersion but the ones that I really got a hold of were quite a bit better. Interested in getting them on a launch monitor for some numbers but I can't seem to get much out of the trackmans at golftec when I try and hit driver in those bays.

I am such a range hero with this damn club. Was just CRUSHING it on the range, and then I proceeded to hit a whole 3 fairways today, and 2 of them were with 5 woods. The club actually bailed me out big time on the misses though, they could have been so much worse with a different club. I think I need to start practicing driving by hitting multiple tee balls on the course or something...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Bertha + ilima today. I'm excited!

e5y5ata9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Was swapping back and fourth between the tour blue and the fubuki at the range today. Had some interesting results. The blue seemed really tight and consistent while the fubuki had some wider dispersion but the ones that I really got a hold of were quite a bit better. Interested in getting them on a launch monitor for some numbers but I can't seem to get much out of the trackmans at golftec when I try and hit driver in those bays.

I've hit both on the monitor. The Fubuki was longer on pure hits but the tour blue was much more consistent with tighter dispersion. After 6 rounds I'm still very glad I went with the Tour Blue.

Bertha + ilima today. I'm excited!

e5y5ata9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'll be interested to see how this goes for ya. I loved this shaft in my Titleist 910 driver!

I've hit both on the monitor. The Fubuki was longer on pure hits but the tour blue was much more consistent with tighter dispersion. After 6 rounds I'm still very glad I went with the Tour Blue.

I'd like to try this combo as well :thumb:

I am such a range hero with this damn club. Was just CRUSHING it on the range, and then I proceeded to hit a whole 3 fairways today, and 2 of them were with 5 woods. The club actually bailed me out big time on the misses though, they could have been so much worse with a different club. I think I need to start practicing driving by hitting multiple tee balls on the course or something...

I know what you mean. I think the problem for me is I really get after it at the range, and Bertha responds to that. On the course I took a little off with poor results. I think you need to get after her to get results.

Tap tap taparoo

Make sure you demo the Bertha on the range. Seeing is believing.

Just took my BB to the range for the first time yesterday (thanks to the Daily Deals thread!!). Tight back, no time to warm up because I only had 45 mins to pick up my girlies, and my posture was all wonky due to back.

Only hit one pure and it went 250 carry into a 20 mph headwind - STUNNED! The rest were 200 to 240 carry but straight into a 20 mph headwind. SS is 102 - 105 with typical drives 240 -260 with the odd exceptional being 270.

Gosh I hope this works like I am hoping!! Especially with all the grief I took for dropping 300 more bills on golf clubs after getting some new Mizzys 2 months ago!

Last edited:
The tour blue love is getting my attention. I have a Matrix xcon6 on the way that I'll test out later this week.

Oh wow glad someone else was seeing the same thing. I found with the blue I was getting better results with it set to 9 and neutral with a slight fade bias on the slider whereas with the fubuki it was better set to draw and +1 with nothing on the slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. I think the problem for me is I really get after it at the range, and Bertha responds to that. On the course I took a little off with poor results. I think you need to get after her to get results.

You know, I was actually thinking this as well. Most long clubs don't respond well to me when I swing nervous, because my hands don't engage through impact and the clubhead gets ahead of my hands, which equals weak hooks. I think hitting multiple tee balls next time out might show me this, because knowing I have another shot might take just enough pressure off for me to actually make a full shoulder turn and SWING.

Back