2014 Players Championship Contest & Official Thread

That kid is the real deal! Makes me feel like I should be working harder.

Spieth is a BEAST! I have him and Kaymer in Fantasy so good week so far.

Speith is amazing, some of his recovery and all around were clutch. Look for him to put it away tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may have missed it in this thread, but I saw a pic on Instagram of the SLDRs staff bag - wouldn't mind one of those, it looks good

Vamos Sergio!! (You're my only chance in fantasy lol)

I don't mean to be dramatic or hyperbolic at all, but in Spieth I really feel like I'm watching the ascendence of a Tiger-esque talent. I've been following Spieth since he was a part of the University of Texas sports, and it's just unreal what it seems his ceiling is.

I saw a stat on the 12th hole or so of his round today that he'd been 24 of his last 24 on puts 7 feet and under.

I'm not ready to even put him in the same sentence as TW but I do see a different player then the other young guys. The kid just plays golf and plays well. He does have limitless potential and I hope his stock keeps rising. Watching him play is like watching a multi-year vet that has been there and done that.

I'm not ready to even put him in the same sentence as TW but I do see a different player then the other young guys. The kid just plays golf and plays well. He does have limitless potential and I hope his stock keeps rising. Watching him play is like watching a multi-year vet that has been there and done that.

I'm with you. He did act like TW a bit at Augusta, but I think some need to pump the breaks a bit until the wins start to pile up. Loads of potential but we aren't talking about a guy with even a few wins yet.

I'm just hoping this turns out to be the finish it's setting up to be and not a dud like the back 9 at Augusta

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just want Kaymer to win. Dude's been working his tail off.

I've got Kaymer, Spieth, and Garcia this week on my team, so pretty much just hoping things stand pat :)

Going to be exciting today! Think there's quite a few guys who can finish on top

Lots of Spieth picks in here--need the win and a lucky draw now!

I thought it was extremely interesting that Justin Rose's penalty was reversed. I think it was the right call. All this HD video zoomed in replays and call-ins are getting ridiculous.

Wow, that was something on 17. I think it was Richard Lee. He hit his tee shot to the light rough. Then topped the wedge shot from the fringe. Then topped the next shot from the first cut with his putter. Ouch

I thought it was extremely interesting that Justin Rose's penalty was reversed. I think it was the right call. All this HD video zoomed in replays and call-ins are getting ridiculous.

Definitely like the decision. I like how they had an opportunity to implement the new rule and they did.

My boy Russel Henley came back strong today with a 66! Yesterday lost the tournament for him however I'm proud of his determination to bring it today in a positive way. :clapp:

Last edited:
Fantastic 65 by Choi today.

Let's go Jordan, you got this!

So what the heck happened with Rose? I must have missed something.

Some really good scoring so far today. This could get interesting.

He was given a two stroke penalty then they reversed the decision because basically it moved so little you couldn't see it with the naked eye.

This will be down to the last 3 holes I think. Very epic ending.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

He was given a two stroke penalty then they reversed the decision because basically it moved so little you couldn't see it with the naked eye.

So basically just all around confusion with a rules violation? I'm glad they reversed it, but my goodness does the PGA need to figure it out.

His ball moved slightly yesterday on the fringe, he wasn't sure and decided to play it. Some guy from Europe called in and they reviewed it, eventually saying that it did indeed move and they gave him the 2 stroke penalty. Today after going over it again they determined that it took wayyyyy too much technology to see it move and under the new hd rule they gave him the strokes back

So basically just all around confusion with a rules violation? I'm glad they reversed it, but my goodness does the PGA need to figure it out.

Precisely.

Back