What's with all the YELLING?

66Tiger

Golf > Work = :^)
Reaction score
Handicap
Beer&Soju
Watching the Players. What's with all the yelling by spectators, seems more and more prevelant these days. "GET IN THE HOLE, ON THE GREEN, WHO SHOT THE SHERIFF"... etc.

Apparently an inordinate amount of drunks this year as reported by Golf World

Taps away

Unless tournaments close off to spectators, it's not going away. Better just get used to it

Not at all true Blu, it would go away of the playoffs decided they wanted it to. Look at the Masters.

Beachballs will be next.

I think they could buckle down on the idiots. Make a policy about shutting your stupid face on the course hahaha. Sometimes the stuff they yell is just ridiculous

I am all for cheering....the yelling is just silly.

Last edited:
Not at all true Blu, it would go away of the playoffs decided they wanted it to. Look at the Masters.

Different structure for tickets at Augusta. Not every event can choose to be so exclusive.

Other option, stop servicing beer at the events.

Not a fan of the yelling.

I can't help but think there can and should be a happy medium here. Fans should be encouraged to cheer and be discouraged to yell, but the only way these morons who want their 2 seconds of fame will stop is if they actually get evicted from the premises.

The longer this goes on the more idiots are going to rear their ugly heads as stupidity breeds stupidity.

"Damn it people this is golf, not a rock concert! Go back to your shantys!"

I think Shooter said it best.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

While I'm not a fan of the yelling (imagine what the players think), it's an unavoidable evil. Even if alcohol were not served, people would still do it. Only way to get rid of it is kicking them off the premises.

Different structure for tickets at Augusta. Not every event can choose to be so exclusive.

Other option, stop servicing beer at the events.

Just throw everyone out who does it, it will stop pretty quickly.

Agreed with removing then from the premises would stop the dumbness in a hurry

I remember last year at the PGA championship Ian Poulter called the Rochester NU fans idiots. I agree, there should be a happy medium. Keep the excitement but show some respect for the game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is annoying, however, I have gotten used to it.

I wish there was a way to control it.....may if they printed something on the tickets like "loud outbursts are grounds for removal from the premises" and posted it at the entrances.....then they would just need to enforce it a few times and I think it would cut "way" down on it.

It's been a round for years and is getting worse. Howard Stern actually ranks the Bababooyes every week from the tour.

I'm not a fan of it but I think it would be extremely difficult to enforce. There are mostly volunteers working the events and the last thing the tournament would want to happen is to have a volunteer and the paying "fan" end up in a confrontation. A volunteer being expected to remove the culprit or even attempt to "detain" the culprit until an actual official arrived to remove the person could turn into an ugly situation and there simply aren't enough actual officials at the events to watch over thousands of spectators. Unfortunately I think it's here to stay...

Every person who yells needs to be hung in a tree by his balls, and smacked in the face repeatedly. Kind of like a public humiliation.

I don't care for it, but if you're going to do it, be original and creative.

Watching the Players. What's with all the yelling by spectators, seems more and more prevelant these days. "GET IN THE HOLE, ON THE GREEN, WHO SHOT THE SHERIFF"... etc.

Because 'MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid, shut your Damn pie holes.

swing your swing

Back