Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Par 3, flag at 164, no wind, seven iron to six inches.

Downwind par 5 and I was left with 188 for my approach, green guarded by water then sand.

Perfect 5h to 12 feet right of flag, 2 putted for birdie...grrr.

sucks on the two putt but if never complain about a birdie! Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

From round 1: A Wilson Staff C100 Gap Wedge from 125 yards that landed and rolled out to about a foot. Easy birdie start on a very tough hole!
From round 1a (because nothing in round 2 impressed me): After a bombed drive, a Wilson Staff c100 8 iron from 160 landed just short of the hole on a baby draw, rolling just past the hole about four feet for a great look at eagle.

Not many to speak about for me today but i'll mention a few for their execution alone. First was a perfectly baby drawn 322yd drive on #8. Was the exact flight and spot in the fairway I wanted it in. The second was a 9i on the 149yd par 3 11th, Pin was left with the green running to the left from a hump on the back middle. Hit it just to the left of the hump and watch it roll back down the slope to 8 feet. Those a fun shots to watch happen.

During a tournament today, I was playing a 178 yard par three into the wind to a green surrounded on three sides by water. My 4 iron shot came to rest 1 foot 3/4 inch directly under the hole. I didn't think to snap a pic. It did win the Closest to the Hole however and a little cash.

7 iron from around 150 to about 7 feet on the par 5 7th, tied with the following slippery downhiller that I buried for bird!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Probably a 40 ft bender on 10 for a birdie. Good start on the back

It started with a bad tee shot -a week hook that left me with about 260, slightly uphill, to a back pin placement.

I thought, "Why not?" And pulled the 3W. I caught it flush and hit a nice, high draw that landed just short of the green and settled in at the middle of the green, about 20' from the pin. I was pleased.

50* wedge from 127 yds to 5ft today...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today my only Bird--40 foot putt.

Hit a 3W to 20' on a 240 yard par 4. Just missed the eagle putt. It actually missed the green but kicked of a mound and trickled toward the hole. First birdie of the season.

Low driver into ~40mph winds, no higher then maybe 40 feet. Long, straight, awesome.

Had an awesome chip-in too, from 24 steps, I'm guessing about 23 yards. Uphill all the way, about 5 feet height difference in total.

I made a few 5-7 footers for par today that really boosted my confidence on the greens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I had a 212 yd par 3 today, I hit a nice high 4 iron to 4 feet and missed the birdie putt, a 4 foot putt with 5 foot of break lol. The iron was nice though, it felt good to see the work finally paying off.

I had a few nice shots today, but I think my best might be a wedge on the final hole. Partner in the bunker, I knew I had to get on the green and tight as the competition had two balls on or near the green, and both were stroking on the hole. A miss left is water and a miss right is bunker - I managed to hit about 5 feet from the hole, and while it didn't grab the way I wanted, gave me a 15 footer birdie chance and a sure thing par to finish my round. Great stuff.

Best miss was a LONG eagle putt, down a slope and breaking a bit left.. Rolled perfectly and died JUST left of the hole - I thought it was in for the three.

Let's see, had a few today but the one shot that stood out and one that I went to the clubhouse at the turn for a celebratory beer...

Drove the green on a par 4. 8th hole, dog leg left, trees protecting the bend. I am a high ball launcher and the trees were short enough for me to make the hero shot and it paid off. About a 321 yard bomb on the front tongue of the green. Unfortunately I missed both the eagle and birdie putt and settled on a par.

20140511_144935.jpg

Last edited:
Had 20 points on the back 9, stepped up to the 1st for our second 9 and hit a driver into a tree 50m on the right from the tee. Boys thought it was hilarious. Got a good kick though onto the very start of the fairway. Pulled out the 3 hybrid, hit a drawing 220m shot onto the green within 10m of the hole. Shut them up pretty quick. Almost didnt believe the shot myself...

On hole number 5 (330 yard par 4) I drove it right into the rough just into the tree line. Had 115 yards to the pin but had to squeeze it through the trees. Pulled out the AW and hit a beautiful high shot that one hopped and stuck 3 feet from the pin. A neighbor whose house was by the green told me he thought it was gonna go in.

I went on to make birdie my only one in the round.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

First hole, 104 yards, 52* wedge to 3 feet. Seventh hole, 118 yards, gap wedge (48*) to one foot. Only two birdies of the day for me.

Had a few good shots the past couple days of playing. All of them were with the wedges which is pretty darn excited about. I've been working pretty hard of wedge play and it's starting the bring fruit. One shot that stands out today was a an approach shot from a long fairway bunker hit a good 54 degree out to a green that was elevated. Flew the ball past the hole. Landing above the hole spinning it back below the hole. Made the putt for birdie.

For me today it would have to be the chip I had from what felt like an impossible lie that allowed me to get up and down to save par. I was on a side hill and my feet were in a horrible position. I just committed to the shot I felt I had to play and pulled it off and left myself with a nice straight up hill 4 footer that I banged home for par.

At the Love is in the Air event, I experimented chipping w/ my 3 hybrid quite a few times. I missed the GIR on first 3 holes but left ourselves short-sided. Chipped/rolled the 3 hybrid and left gimme range putts for our team. Worked verily well with the low cut rough and fast/true greens.

Will work and incorporate this into my game more. Enjoyed the results today.

Yesterday. 117 to a back pin on a par five. Was down wind and greens were super hard. Been working on my alignment. With some better hip movement through the ball lately and less flipping, the cutting across the ball is not happening as much. Lined up on the right rail of the railroad track and trusted that the ball would go where I wanted it to. Played for the center of the green because of down wind and firmness. Shot came off good, and never left the pin. One hopped and hit the pin. Tapped in the bird. Awesome feeling!

JM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back