2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

Some Italian joint Pachinos.... And guess what Coers ate... Shocker a steak and potatoes

And strawberry lemonade does not come with free refills.....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Even Miles the traveling golf Minion had a great time at the Love is in the Air event.
yba6u6um.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Finally made it home after a longer than anticipated drive. Tired but happy. Wife was impressed and was reading this thread as I drove us home. We would do this all again, and thought a three day weekend event would be great *hint hint* :wink:

Will post more thoughts in a wrap up when I get in front of a real computer, but I wanted to thank GG, JB, and MikeDean for setting up such a great event. Thanks!

Some Italian joint Pachinos.... And guess what Coers ate... Shocker a steak and potatoes

It was a amazing t bone steak and mashed potatoes. Delicious...

It was a amazing t bone steak and mashed potatoes. Delicious...
Steak and potatoes at an Italian restaurant? That's like ordering brocolli at an ice cream shop. How was that even on the menu? Coers, what are we going to do with you?

Finally made it home after a longer than anticipated drive. Tired but happy. Wife was impressed and was reading this thread as I drove us home. We would do this all again, and thought a three day weekend event would be great *hint hint* :wink:

Will post more thoughts in a wrap up when I get in front of a real computer, but I wanted to thank GG, JB, and MikeDean for setting up such a great event. Thanks!

Told you would beat us.

Just landed and now a two hour drive ahead.

Steak and potatoes at an Italian restaurant? That's like ordering brocolli at an ice cream shop. How was that even on the menu? Coers, what are we going to do with you?

Idk why it was on the menu but it was delicious. Steak and potatoes all day every day. That's how this born and raised farm boy is. Just gotta #Coersit and you'll be good.

Just landed, is it time to go back yet?

We just walked in the door I'm beat and so is Mandi, regardless we'd hop on a flight tomorrow to do it again.

Many more thoughts coming later when I'm more awake.

These post event blues are gonna suck bad real bad

Home and with the dogs. Great weekend guys!

Just got home, such an amazing weekend. Hearing so many of the wives talk about how they understand why we love this place so much was awesome. Ill have a recap tomorrow, but this sums it up; On the way home my wife asked if this was on the calendar for next year because she wants to go back.

Just walked in the door from a great weekend! Thanks again to all the significant others who joined us on this adventure.

This was an event I had my eye on since it was announced. Will definitely be trying to get in the next event of this kind. Bonus if it is in central Florida again, as we always have a blast when we go there. Sounds like everyone had a great time, and it also sounds like the girls putted great. Such a cool and unique opportunity to spend some time doing what we love, with those we love.

In his defense, it was Pacino's. His other options were basically frozen microwave lasagna and Spaghetti-Os.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Didnt #Coers it, at the airport on time.

Glad to see everyone one home safe so far. We are up and getting ready to leave for the airport.

Safe travels to those leaving this morning.

Traffic, rain and gray skies. ..missing Orlando already

e9y8y2at.jpg

Here are a bunch of the photos I took this weekend. Enjoy!

The greeter in the atrium at the hotel:
WP_20140509_001.jpg

A nice view of just part of the amazing pool:

WP_20140509_007.jpg

this is the pitch and putt course at the resort, not OCN.

WP_20140509_009.jpg

Palm trees are a novelty to us northerners:

WP_20140509_010.jpg

And so are signs like this!
WP_20140509_012.jpg

A wonderful gift from THP for the participants!

WP_20140509_024.jpg

I only have a few pictures from actual play as I was too busy getting around the course.

1st tee at Crooked Cat on Saturday:

WP_20140510_005.jpg

The gallery was pretty quiet, fortunately.

WP_20140510_007.jpg

Giant Koi at Kobe:

WP_20140510_009.jpg

Left to right: GolfinFF, Golf4Life, Mrs. Golf4Life, Morgan, JB

WP_20140510_010.jpg

Some of us in group 3 were too late getting over from the range to get in the group photo on Sunday so here are we are to prove that we were actually there.

WP_20140511_001.jpg

And my best shot of the round on Sunday - an uphill 7 iron from about 150 yards I believe.

WP_20140511_005.jpg

Some assorted wrap-up thoughts as well, in no particular order.

Best. Weekend. Ever! The Grand Cypress is an amazing place. Karen and I are already talking about possibly coming back on our own someday, maybe even with the kids. At each THP event I go to I am reminded what a great community JB and GG have built and how awesome THP'ers are across the board.

Firsts for myself and Karen at this event: First time playing in Florida. First time vacationing without kids (eldest is 18!) First time playing 18 holes two days in a row for me. First time getting to hang out with THP'ers for an extended period of time off the course. First time on a full-size course for Karen.

Had a fun round with Erky, Texasbrons and GolfinFF in the Saturday heat. If I hadn't blown up on a couple of holes I would have shot a PB but, as I posted earlier, my 102 was still 13 shots better than what I carded at the last two THP events so I'll take that. Switching to the Amp Cell driver has turned a part of the game I had the least confidence in (driving) into one that I'm pretty comfortable with. All weekend, when I took the right amount of time over a shot I usually got a pretty good result. When I rushed things, bad stuff happened. Lesson learned.

I need to work on sidehill lies with the ball above my feet. I used to be able to handle those but flubbed every one of those yesterday.

I think that both OCN courses are significantly easier than the two courses at Lyman Orchards (people who came to the New England event last year may remember). There's lots of room to miss a fairway and less elevation change.

The OCN pro shop is amazing.

Playing in front of the partners on Sunday was more stressful than I expected and it definitely affected me but after a few holes it evened out. I stopped tracking our score after the first 8 holes or so though.

Texasbrons won the prize for the worst lie of the event on the first hole on Saturday with that buried ball in the lip of the bunker.

I am soooo glad that we had earlier tee times on Sunday. That made the round much easier temperature-wise. If we had to do Sunday's round in Saturday's temperatures I am not sure I would have made it all 18 holes. I hit a wall at about the 14th hole on Sunday and just gutted out the last few on pure muscle memory.

Seeing birds on the course that were bigger than our youngest child was something new. Here in CT it's deer and wild turkeys filling the same role.

The greens were definitely fast on Saturday but you had to take whatever you thought the break was and cut it by at least half. They were slower on Sunday but still didn't break much.

I found out that my wife's cousin (who now runs Legends Golf in the Binghamton NY area) worked for a while as a teaching pro at the Grand Cypress golf facility and very likely spent considerable time at OCN.

I lurked and followed this all weekend. Really looked like a great time for you all and it was fun to watch unfold.

Picked up a cool putter headcover at the OCN Megaplex-Pro Shop

pajyha2e.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Back