The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty cool move by the Patriots:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10900270/new-england-patriots-offer-jersey-guarantee-fans

The New England Patriots will become the first NFL team to offer a jersey rebate if a fan purchases a jersey of a player who is no longer under contract within a year of that jersey being bought.

On Thursday morning, the team sent an email of the "Jersey Guarantee" to fans on its mailing list.

If a fan purchases a jersey from either the team website or stadium store, and the player whose name on the back leaves the team within a year of purchase, that fan will receive a 25 percent discount toward the price of the next Patriots jersey they buy.

The fan, who has two months from the day the player is no longer under contract to make the new purchase with the discount, does not have to return the original jersey with the name of the former player.

Last year, the team took the unprecedented move of allowing anyone who had bought a jersey of Aaron Hernandez, who was charged with murder, to exchange it for the jersey of another player. More than 1,200 fans took the team up on the offer.

Coulda won state, man. Coulda won state.

Here ya go PhillyV, a scouting report on your boy Manziel

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...manziel-scouting-report-reportedly-is-leaked/

it expresses various worries about Manziel’s off-field habits, including a somewhat bizarre reference to “outlaw bloodlines.” The report also describes Manziel as a “spoiled brat” who gets an allowance from his grandfather and whose father bought him a luxury car.
From a football standpoint, Texas Tech sources told the Patriots that coaches “can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from [former Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff] Kingsbury in the past,” and that Manziel doesn’t study the game.

Johnny Johnny Johnny
The only great thing about that pick is that in some ways it doesnt matter.
Browns fans look at him as THE draft, but in reality, they got the best CB in the draft to go along with arguably the best in the league already.
And they got an extra #1 next year.

I don't know if any of that's true, but I can believe all of it.

Like I said he reminds me of Ryan Leaf, mentally.

But like JB said, outside of him they had a pretty good draft.

It will be interesting to see what happens with roster cuts and what vets the Browns try to sign. Little and Andre Hawkins cannot be the 2 starting WR on the team this year.

It will be interesting to see what happens with roster cuts and what vets the Browns try to sign. Little and Andre Hawkins cannot be the 2 starting WR on the team this year.

I would tend to agree. Although I think its only fair to wait and see what happens with Gordon (I think its going to be ugly).

I would tend to agree. Although I think its only fair to wait and see what happens with Gordon (I think its going to be ugly).

Oh yeah Im already with the mindset he is gone for the year.

Any idea how long the teams have from now til those cuts begin?

Oh yeah Im already with the mindset he is gone for the year.

Any idea how long the teams have from now til those cuts begin?

53 man rosters are due on 8/31 I believe.
7/22 is unrestricted free agent signing end I believe as well.

Johnny Johnny Johnny
Browns fans look at him as THE draft, but in reality, they got the best CB in the draft to go along with arguably the best in the league already.

Are you still sticking with your new team or did you abandon ship when Johnny Football became the Captain of the ship?

Johnny Johnny Johnny

the way they maneuvered around in the draft was well done. Unfortunately they lost a fan by doing so.

the way they maneuvered around in the draft was well done. Unfortunately they lost a fan by doing so.

I think he mentioned later that night he may still be quasi interested in the Brownies still.

flip flopping browns fan

I could be wrong though.

Defense should be real solid again this year which seems to be the recipe in that division, just need the O to show up

flip flopping browns fan

I dont flip flop Deano#2
I make a decision and stick with it.
The only decision that has been made is that I will no longer root for the Bucs, because they are a shameful organization.

I dont flip flop Deano#2
I make a decision and stick with it.
The only decision that has been made is that I will no longer root for the Bucs, because they are a shameful organization.

clearly this post was directed at MikeDean

I really should go to the DeanDec school of choosing teams.
Watch and see who wins
Declare I am a fan of that team
Repeat if necessary

I kid I kid...Kind of.

I really should go to the DeanDec school of choosing teams.
Watch and see who wins
Declare I am a fan of that team
Repeat if necessary

I kid I kid...Kind of.

ugh maybe I need to go on a tour of NFL teams now too. Is Seattle any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back