Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Oh dear lord, you're going to be a beast in July. Sounds like a perfect setup for you.

I am hoping that all 40 participants will be at the top of their games in Myrtle!

This is a good call, great irons from top to bottom
After much deliberation I am going with the more forgiving DPCs for 2014 THPMC. just hard to argue with more forgiveness

DPC's paired with KBS Tour 90's. Love the irons, familiar with the shaft and love it. These are my THPMC2014 Irons.

JM

DPC's paired with KBS Tour 90's. Love the irons, familiar with the shaft and love it. These are my THPMC2014 Irons.

JM

Winner winner...awesome combo JM

I noticed the grooves on my 8i are getting a little flattened (hello decent ball striking at the range!). I've only seen groove sharpeners mentioned in regard to wedges. Any reason they couldn't be used on an iron? Does it even matter?

Went out over lunch to hit the KBS tour vs PX flighted and came away with a winner: KBS tour. Felt better, the lighter weight will help my elbow a little, was seeing good flight and even a bit more distance than the PX flighted. Feels really good having that sorted out. Now to pick colors.

I can't wait to hit the DPCs with KBS shafts in them, I think I'm going to be very happy indeed.

Went out over lunch to hit the KBS tour vs PX flighted and came away with a winner: KBS tour. Felt better, the lighter weight will help my elbow a little, was seeing good flight and even a bit more distance than the PX flighted. Feels really good having that sorted out. Now to pick colors.

I can't wait to hit the DPCs with KBS shafts in them, I think I'm going to be very happy indeed.

Nice. I enjoyed that combo quite a bit.

I've hit the combo before and really enjoyed them as well. I think you will love them long term. Congrats on the selection.

I noticed the grooves on my 8i are getting a little flattened (hello decent ball striking at the range!). I've only seen groove sharpeners mentioned in regard to wedges. Any reason they couldn't be used on an iron? Does it even matter?

I would never take to my nice forged irons with any of those groove sharpeners ! I have slightly worn the edge off my irons slightly after a few years but I do not notice any reduction in spin.

I had a long and agonizing range session on Sunday that prepared me for my decision yesterday. Head to head, there is no doubt that the DPCs improve shots that are thin or on the toe, and I had to bring them into my Morgan Cup bag. They'll be great in my long irons, and I cannot wait to take advantage of them at True Blue and Caledonia.

I'll be playing the 4, 5, 6, and 7 with Dynamic Gold S400 shafts in them. Rocking the white ferrules!

I had a long and agonizing range session on Sunday that prepared me for my decision yesterday. Head to head, there is no doubt that the DPCs improve shots that are thin or on the toe, and I had to bring them into my Morgan Cup bag. They'll be great in my long irons, and I cannot wait to take advantage of them at True Blue and Caledonia.

I'll be playing the 4, 5, 6, and 7 with Dynamic Gold S400 shafts in them. Rocking the white ferrules!

Great choice with the white ferrules--I'll be gaming them as well.

After much debate it only made sense to select the DPC's for my Morgan Cup bag. I went with 4-PW paired up with The DG x100 with powder blue ferrules. Extreme confidence will be felt.

It's probably been discussed before, but size wise are these and the cavity backs pretty similar?

Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

It's probably been discussed before, but size wise are these and the cavity backs pretty similar?

Not much differences at all size wise. You almost have to take a double take when picking up to distinguish between the two. Here are some shots from the 6i.

Yup, pretty similar, the CB almost looks thicker towards the bottom which is a bit surprising, but that may just be the angle.

Great choice with the white ferrules--I'll be gaming them as well.

Nice dude! I pondered the blue ones for a loooong time, but in the end white was something new I wanted to give a whirl.

Picked up a used set of dpc 5-pw for a good price. Going to be throwing the recoil 670 shaft in them. Should get them early next week. Looking forward to this combo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Picked up a used set of dpc 5-pw for a good price. Going to be throwing the recoil 670 shaft in them. Should get them early next week. Looking forward to this combo

Sounds like a awesome combo to me.

I like the sound of that pairing and almost went with it in my MC bag..........

JM

That will be one awesome set up.

Man it really does sound like a good combo. Hope you hit them well

I got to hit a few balls with them at a local store and I liked the way they look at address, eventhough they are bigger than my ACP's, and they just felt good. Was looking for something with a tad more forgiveness than my ACP's so these should fit that bill. Going with the recoils because that's what I'm currently playing and I just love the shaft.

My ball striking has been fairly solid lately, which just makes the DPC experience all the better. The combo of trajectory, distance and soft feel on these irons is just so damn good.

Kapp, do you feel the 5.5 are too whippy for your game? I noticed all your other stuff is stiff.
5.5 = reg + right?

Kapp, do you feel the 5.5 are too whippy for your game? I noticed all your other stuff is stiff.
5.5 = reg + right?
They aren't whippy at all, to me they seem just about perfect. My impression is they may be like an R+ but because they are heavier than what I previously played it somehow works (actually the 6.0s that I demo'd were a little too much for me). FWIW I'm at the lower range of S and most of my stuff with that flex is also that way.

Back