Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Just for fun today I put the settings on +2 S and my god what a difference. I gained 15 yards, I had it set down so in theory I would get more roll out and it just did not happened. Now I just get the yards in the air, I have been working on a better turn and while that is better it messed with my timing and I started pull hooking the Tee shots bad.
Hitting the ball real solid but left, a friend suggested moving the ball back a couple of inches and bam slight draw or straight and long (for me).

Love this Driver

If you are talking dead center absolute middle, the SLDR will be longer, but if you miss even just marginally the Bertha dominates it there with the retention of ball speeds on misses.

I hit the BB, SLDR, BioCell and Nike. The SLDR crushed and the BB was a close second. On the screws you are right but off center like most of play the BB is way better

I hit the BB, SLDR, BioCell and Nike. The SLDR crushed and the BB was a close second. On the screws you are right but off center like most of play the BB is way better

Just like I said! :alien:

For the first time since I've put this driver in the bag, I'm missing left. Duck hooking it again and hating life, but when I slow things down, this thing is an absolute bomber.

For the first time since I've put this driver in the bag, I'm missing left. Duck hooking it again and hating life, but when I slow things down, this thing is an absolute bomber.

I'm glad I'm not alone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I make a conscious effort to shorten my swing with the BB because it's so long. Off the tee. I know I don't need to rip at it in order to get good numbers. If I do miss, it's usually a slight pull or fade because of me coming over the top.

You've clearly just been watching my swing too much. The lefts are contagious.

Hahaha that must be it! :laughing:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'll be interested to see how this goes for ya. I loved this shaft in my Titleist 910 driver:

Really enjoyed the Bertha + ilima today. Took a few swings to get in a groove but adjusted well and hit some really nice drive. I went Bertha long a few times, lol. I don't hit a high ball so the ilima helps me launch it a bit higher. A few high slices snuck in today but overall I managed to hit the majority of the fairways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed the Bertha + ilima today. Took a few swings to get in a groove but adjusted well and hit some really nice drive. I went Bertha long a few times, lol. I don't hit a high ball so the ilima helps me launch it a bit higher. A few high slices snuck in today but overall I managed to hit the majority of the fairways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback ?. Sounds interesting for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent some time with Bertha today and a little yesterday. Was freaking awesome at the range with it, not sure on distance but it was pretty darn straight.

Took it out today and was pretty straight today. I felt myself swinging way to short with my swing but even saw some solid distances with crappy swings. The ball just pops off of the face and I was some solid runout on a few holes as a few of the drives were more piercing than some of my higher launching xhot drives.

Just really freaking impressed with it.

Well I did it. After trying about 6-7 different drivers over the past week I ended up with the BB. Took it out yesterday on the course and all I can say is wow. By far the most forgiving driver I have ever hit. Had a couple a toe hits and it still flew fairly straight and further than my SLDR ever did on toe hits. The feel off the face is incredible.

Well I did it. After trying about 6-7 different drivers over the past week I ended up with the BB. Took it out yesterday on the course and all I can say is wow. By far the most forgiving driver I have ever hit. Had a couple a toe hits and it still flew fairly straight and further than my SLDR ever did on toe hits. The feel off the face is incredible.

nice pickup! I cant even fathom how much better the BB has to be for you compared to that harsh SLDR

Mine is on the truck and out for delivery, scheduled between 2:30 & 6:30. I am playing tomorrow morning and would love to get in a little range time with it this afternoon. Really hoping for an early delivery as the range closes at 6:30.

I am still closely following everyone's comments. At LIITA I was very accurate the first day, but in general, I am just not hitting bombs with my Amp Cell. I am guessing at least 10 of my drives over 2 days stopped within a foot or two of their mark in the fairway, and many of them backed up. My impression is that Bertha will reduce the amount of spin I am seeing, but I have yet to hit either of them outside in a real setting. I can't hit the SLDR.

I am still closely following everyone's comments. At LIITA I was very accurate the first day, but in general, I am just not hitting bombs with my Amp Cell. I am guessing at least 10 of my drives over 2 days stopped within a foot or two of their mark in the fairway, and many of them backed up. My impression is that Bertha will reduce the amount of spin I am seeing, but I have yet to hit either of them outside in a real setting. I can't hit the SLDR.

I had 2 backup off the tee this weekend, but both were my Xhot and neither were Bertha!

Mine is on the truck and out for delivery, scheduled between 2:30 & 6:30. I am playing tomorrow morning and would love to get in a little range time with it this afternoon. Really hoping for an early delivery as the range closes at 6:30.

I hope you get it in time buddy! You will be killing those seniors tomorrow in your weekly blitz :bomb::deadhorse:

I can't see if mine are backing up cause there so far out there. This things bombs them. :laugh:

JK. Didn't see that happen once.

I hope you get it in time buddy! You will be killing those seniors tomorrow in your weekly blitz :bomb::deadhorse:

I am beyond devastated, I left to go to the bank for 15 minutes and Lynne was here in the back of the house. Evidently he only knocked on the door and did not ring the bell. There was a failed to deliver notice and they will come by again tomorrow. What the heck is wrong with ringing the doorbell??? Frustration describes me to a tee right now.

Loving this driver, it’s straight, long and super forgiving..and the guy hitting it is no bomber either just another aging baby boomer hitting some of longest drives of his life. Last year I got an eagle on my birthday on a par 5, this year on Sunday Bertha's gift was 2 300+ yard drives (both a bit wind aided ..one driving the green and ending up on the fringe in the back) and 12 out of 14 fairways. Was questioning my sanity playing in 20 to 30 MPH winds, but even into the wind I was still getting 240/250 on my drives (think the B330-RX helps too with the wind) and ended up shooting a PB 78..with an ugly 7 on a par 4.

Bertha really saved my butt today. Didn't have a good driving day at all, contact was all sorts of screwy. Only hit 3/10 fairways that I used it, but no OB shots and that was huge. Without a doubt my old driver would not have been so forgiving and I would've had a much worse scoring day.

Loving this driver, it’s straight, long and super forgiving..and the guy hitting it is no bomber either just another aging baby boomer hitting some of longest drives of his life. Last year I got an eagle on my birthday on a par 5, this year on Sunday Bertha's gift was 2 300+ yard drives (both a bit wind aided ..one driving the green and ending up on the fringe in the back) and 12 out of 14 fairways. Was questioning my sanity playing in 20 to 30 MPH winds, but even into the wind I was still getting 240/250 on my drives (think the B330-RX helps too with the wind) and ended up shooting a PB 78..with an ugly 7 on a par 4.

Dang, congrats on that new PB! I too have found the BB to be just penetrating into headwinds - I still get plenty of distance!

I've only played one 9-hole round since #theking. Looking forward to getting out tomorrow night for nine holes and spend some more time with Bertha.

Was at the range tonight and demoed a 9.5* big Bertha in stiff flex. Took a bit to get used to the shallower face but just wow! This thing is a bomber and almost hard to hit poorly. One shot I felt the head turn I knew it was a mishit but still went high and wouldn't be ob.

My one qualm is the stock stiff shaft is super whippy and if I tried to step on it the ball would balloon a bit more than when I backed off with a bit of a fade opposed to a draw I am used to. However I am used to hitting with a black tie shaft at the moment.

Getting really excited to compare this driver to the sldr head to head...

Tap tap taparoo

Was at the range tonight and demoed a 9.5* big Bertha in stiff flex. Took a bit to get used to the shallower face but just wow! This thing is a bomber and almost hard to hit poorly. One shot I felt the head turn I knew it was a mishit but still went high and wouldn't be ob.

My one qualm is the stock stiff shaft is super whippy and if I tried to step on it the ball would balloon a bit more than when I backed off with a bit of a fade opposed to a draw I am used to. However I am used to hitting with a black tie shaft at the moment.

Getting really excited to compare this driver to the sldr head to head...

Tap tap taparoo

Yeah that black tie is way more stout than the Fubuki. Curious to read your thoughts vs the SLDR. I bet you'll find Bertha more forgiving.

Back