2014 Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods

I took the BB5w to the range yesterday - curious how swing work had me hitting it. Very impressed. Very consistent shot shape and the distance was great.

I took the BB5w to the range yesterday - curious how swing work had me hitting it. Very impressed. Very consistent shot shape and the distance was great.

That is awesome Ryan. The 3W is really the only club I have been having consistent struggles with lately. Lots of high weak fades off the deck.

One of the few clubs in my bag that was working today was my 3 wood. I have it lofted up to 17* still and at first, it was a pull machine. Today, I adjusted it in my stance and was playing a fantastic little draw with it. I hit one off the deck, into a 15 mph wind, about 245 yards. I was not counting on it being so awesome as it went over the par 5 green I was trying to reach. This puppy has found a spot in the bag for a while!

Just got my BB 3W in today cut down to 42.5 with a white golf pride 2g. Looks great and can't wait to put it in play this weekend.

I have bertha 3w envy after watching JB crush his this weekend. Thing was a bomber just like the driver...unreal.

In serious ponder mode, I was hitting this at golfsmith off the dark and my best shots were 249,253,256 off the deck. I'm not so sure that distance translates on the course but it's easy to hit off the deck.

I have the 3W set to 16* right now. Still pounding it.

Interestingly, I'm teeing it up just a touch higher. Makes for perfect contact and a really nice launch. I hit a couple over 260 this weekend off the tee. Per the cart GPS, one was touching 270.

I hit one off the deck into a stiff breeze from about 260. The wind really held it up, but it was still in the 230-240 range. I was impressed.
heck, I'm impressed, too. Nice

I'm considering going 5w lofted up a bit for the cup. With a demo day this weekend I should be able to spend plenty of time experimenting with the BB vs X2 hot fairway woods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Went from the XHP 3 wood and RFE 5 wood to the BB 3 & 5, replaced stock shafts with the Motore Speeder 8.1x from the previous two and love these things!! LONG and easy off the deck and great off the tee!! Agree with above poster, tee them up just a bit higher...rockets!!

:bomb:

I'm considering going 5w lofted up a bit for the cup. With a demo day this weekend I should be able to spend plenty of time experimenting with the BB vs X2 hot fairway woods.

I'm curious about this one as well.

I want to see what the distance and height look like with the 5W at 19 or 20 degrees. I think the extra height will come in handy for long approach shots at the MC.

I'm curious about this one as well.

I want to see what the distance and height look like with the 5W at 19 or 20 degrees. I think the extra height will come in handy for long approach shots at the MC.

I hit my 5w off the deck for approach shots and think the ability to increase the loft if needed will be very valuable.

Will be curious to hear your results.

Hit both the 3wood and 5 wood at a demo day at my course today... I need the 3 wood!!

With thy the loft up to 17* this thing was so good off the tee and as well off the deck!!

the 913fd with GD tour ad DI is up for sale!!!!

During the course of my fitting today, my fitter checked the specs on my current BB fairway woods. Both are labeled stiff and came back with some very interesting readouts as to their true flex.

I bought one off the marketplace and I was striping this thing off the tee 250, I still got to play around with a little more but if I keep getting this kind of distance may not need a driver but one or two times a round.

4/6 FIRs today with the Bertha 3W. My misses were just off the fairway. Inside 375 yds this is my go to club off the tee. Big Bertha is getting jealous of lil' sis.

During the course of my fitting today, my fitter checked the specs on my current BB fairway woods. Both are labeled stiff and came back with some very interesting readouts as to their true flex.

This is pretty standard for most brands. For multiple reasons.
1st - Measurements are taken differently by everybody
2nd - Where they are taken is different
And a few more as well.

With my experience, the fubuki line play less stout than the states flex

Picked up a BB 5 wood last night. Played it tonight. PERFECT!!!

i murder this club off the tee. Hit it off the tee on 6 holes and was 6 /6 everyone right down the pipe!

also hit it into a par 5 and ran it on the green from 263yards

love this club! Have it set at 17* and the N setting

I've tested a few of the of the driving 3 woods like the mini driver, 3deep and a couple others recently and none stack up to the Bertha 3 wood in distance for me. Plus the Bertha has the added benefit of adjustability and it is easy to hit off the deck as well as the tee. This one is going to be in my bag for a long time.

I keep thinking of losing the driver when I hit my BB 3w really well. I don't have any clue what I put in the bag with another slot, but taking driver out and relying on this would probably save me a lot of headaches.

I'd really like to demo a 5 of this, I have a feeling it's quite versatile with that shallow face.

I'd really like to demo a 5 of this, I have a feeling it's quite versatile with that shallow face.

I have the 5w and its my favorite club ATM. So solid from any lie.

finally got the 3 wood today i love a few things about it from the technology side but mainly for the adjustability. I'm completely taking a chance with it as i've never swung the club but i need something to fill a gap i'm getting now that i'm hitting my driver so well. Hope i like it more than my old 3 wood maybe this one will actually stay in the bag.

Prob should not have went straight to the course with this club I didn't hit it horribly but I sure didn't hit it great either only used it on the front 9 and used driver on the back. I will be hitting the range and adjusting the settings to find something that fits my swing before I take it back on the course

Back