The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking price looks to be far too high right now. A great talent on the downside of his career with a huge contract should get no more than a middle round pick.

or just send us Gordon and 3rd rounder.... :alien:

Interesting update for fans that love the Cowboys. Spoke to a friend this morning about their draft. The WR taken by them, some consider to be the best route runner in the entire draft and Dallas had him as a top 5 WR on their board. Street was a sleeper for teams such as Tampa, Buffalo, San Fran and about 9 others that all thought teams had honestly forgotten about him. Dallas had him slotted for the 3rd, but did not have that pick and when he fell, rumor had it that some teams feared his shoulder injury.

Dallas did their due dilligence and knew that he is coming along great and could step right in and play as the 3rd WR due to his pro style background and route running. The same injury that is holding him back this offseason, made him struggle to lift at the combine and it tanked his stock which was 2nd-3rd round for about 14 teams including those mentioned above. The Steelers were so high on him at one point this season, that they had him listed as the 3rd best WR in the class behind Watkins and Evans. Obviously things change and they moved him down for various reasons including that injury.

Dallas believes they have found a weapon that they have been looking for. Time will tell if that is right of course, but they are thrilled to death to have been able to pick DS.

Asking price looks to be far too high right now. A great talent on the downside of his career with a huge contract should get no more than a middle round pick.

Mid rounder next year works for me...not one of the 2 firsts though 4 sure

I liked the Lions pick of Ebron, Hopefully Van Noy can play, other than that..... I don't see much.

#ToBeALionsFan

Now we know why the Cowboys passed up on Johnny Football. They signed this kid, Dustin Vaughan from West Texas A&M. Probably based on this video he made to appeal to NFL teams. At least watch until his slam dunk on the goal post:

Interesting update for fans that love the Cowboys. Spoke to a friend this morning about their draft. The WR taken by them, some consider to be the best route runner in the entire draft and Dallas had him as a top 5 WR on their board. Street was a sleeper for teams such as Tampa, Buffalo, San Fran and about 9 others that all thought teams had honestly forgotten about him. Dallas had him slotted for the 3rd, but did not have that pick and when he fell, rumor had it that some teams feared his shoulder injury.

Dallas did their due dilligence and knew that he is coming along great and could step right in and play as the 3rd WR due to his pro style background and route running. The same injury that is holding him back this offseason, made him struggle to lift at the combine and it tanked his stock which was 2nd-3rd round for about 14 teams including those mentioned above. The Steelers were so high on him at one point this season, that they had him listed as the 3rd best WR in the class behind Watkins and Evans. Obviously things change and they moved him down for various reasons including that injury.

Dallas believes they have found a weapon that they have been looking for. Time will tell if that is right of course, but they are thrilled to death to have been able to pick DS.

That's a massive drop from 3rd best WR to us taking someone else in the 4th round. I don't know anything about Street but I'm glad we took Bryant and excited about his potential.

That's a massive drop from 3rd best WR to us taking someone else in the 4th round. I don't know anything about Street but I'm glad we took Bryant and excited about his potential.

That is what happens when injuries occur, but it is actually fact in this situation.

Interesting Josh, didn't know that background. So is the shoulder back to 100% or is he still nursing it?

Here was the Cowboys tweet of him the other day:

The shoulder is not 100% as of yet.

Mid rounder next year works for me...not one of the 2 firsts though 4 sure

How about the fourth we got from Buffalo in the draft day trade

I like this!

Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden has agreed to a contract extension through 2019, according to profootballtalk.com.
Haden, the No. 7 overall pick in 2010, will receive a $14 million signing bonus, $22 million fully guaranteed at signing and another $23 million guaranteed for injury, the site reports. The signing bonus, the guarantee and the injury guaranteed all surpass the deal that Richard Sherman recently signed with Seattle

I was in the middle of training today when I got the alert and said "oh baby" out loud. You should have seen the girls face who was at my table lol love this move by the browns. The fact that they're using the money to take care of the talent that's already here is refreshing

Interesting discussion on ESPN. Who starts at QB on opening day for the Jets? My gut says Vick. My gut also says that there will be a QB controversy a couple games in and they will fade into obscurity for another season.

Interesting discussion on ESPN. Who starts at QB on opening day for the Jets? My gut says Vick. My gut also says that there will be a QB controversy a couple games in and they will fade into obscurity for another season.

My guess is Vick as well til things head south

HAHAHA Aaron Hernandez indicted on a SECOND double homicide in 2012. What a winner

Here we go JB

According to Jake Jones of KFBB-TV in Helena, Mont., the Browns will sign former Chicago Bears receiver Earl Bennett.

Not a huge signing, but INSTANT upgrade over Greg Little

Here we go JB

According to Jake Jones of KFBB-TV in Helena, Mont., the Browns will sign former Chicago Bears receiver Earl Bennett.

dont sleep on charles johnson.. he will be a dark horse in training camp. lots of talent 6'2 220 4.38 40 aaron rodgers was mad when the browns got him from them last year.

Here we go JB

I like the signing. He can play the target needed.
Rumor has it they are blowing up the phones and may not be done yet either.

I like the signing. He can play the target needed.
Rumor has it they are blowing up the phones and may not be done yet either.

wonder if they look at someone like Miles Austin for a cheap 1 year deal. That dude just seemingly has hamstring injuries every year though.

wonder if they look at someone like Miles Austin for a cheap 1 year deal. That dude just seemingly has hamstring injuries every year though.

Not sure. They will need a slot guy most likely and they can keep Bennett on one side and a speed guy on the other. The TE could be key this year for them.

Browns perhaps make a trade for Andre Johnson!?

You called it!

You called it!

awesome. So now we know who is running the show for Cleveland. The homeless man who drafted Manziel and myself. This can only end with a super bowl.

Nice call.
Does he come with a Kardashian? Only they could make Cleveland worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back