2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

There are all kinds of car services. If you're needing a ride to FLL you're going to pay a good chunk I assume, but that still may be cheaper than renting. Could be better if you find another person or two to share the ride with though.

Or call a guy who is driving down in a minivan! (lots of room for clubs/THP'ers!)

Agreed. Although if you get a couple of THPers together, splitting the cost of a rental car may be pretty cheap too and with no parking fee in our package, it might even save money.

I'm renting one either way for sure. I hate dealing with the unknown and it will be something Erica can use if she wishes.

I think I will just fly to Palm Beach and make it easier.

This is what I'd do unless there is a significant difference in cost.

Direct flights from PHL to PBI! Sweet!

What time is everyone thinking about getting in on Friday?

I'm renting one either way for sure. I hate dealing with the unknown and it will be something Erica can use if she wishes.

This is what I'd do unless there is a significant difference in cost.

Using airline miles so it is fine either way

Direct flights from PHL to PBI! Sweet!

What time is everyone thinking about getting in on Friday?

early enough for a round for me

I thought about renting, but for me, being under 25 at the time of the event, it is cost prohibitive.

I was going to book through my companies travel site, and would have been able to save a TON of $$, but apparently that is frowned upon lol
It's really early still, but my first thought is flying into FLL and renting a car. I'd be happy to share if that's the route I end up going.

What was the cost for extra days at the hotel? Delta seems to be the cheapest flights but I am hoping to do South West with the 2 free bags (golf clubs). I'm thinking of just flying in to West Palm Beach.

What was the cost for extra days at the hotel? Delta seems to be the cheapest flights but I am hoping to do South West with the 2 free bags (golf clubs). I'm thinking of just flying in to West Palm Beach.

$109 I believe + tax and resort fee.

anyone debating between PBI & FLL, I can honestly tell you that for me FLL would have to be a major savings, w/ so many more people flying at FLL the check-in & security lines alone at can be a nightmare

It's really early still, but my first thought is flying into FLL and renting a car. I'd be happy to share if that's the route I end up going.

I am thinking about doing the same, my flight schedule is crazy so not sure who will be around the same time frame.

Not sure if this is the right thread to plan this kind of stuff, but best I could do coming from California is arriving FLL @ 6pm Friday and flying out of FLL 8:50 AM Monday.

anyone debating between PBI & FLL, I can honestly tell you that for me FLL would have to be a major savings, w/ so many more people flying at FLL the check-in & security lines alone at can be a nightmare

Right now the difference for me is $325 vs $270 round trip...I am leaning toward PBI

For those who have missed it (Myself included) extra nights are $109 +resort fee correct?

Any word on extra rounds?

You are more then welcome to be my non-golfer. :banana: On a more serious note...GET ON THAT WAIT LIST!
Such a great group of guys attending this one. I think I need to at least get on the waiting list and figure out how to make it happen if I am lucky enough to get in.

Such a great group of guys attending this one. I think I need to at least get on the waiting list and figure out how to make it happen if I am lucky enough to get in.

U need in this...we need a shot at redemption and not a double bogey on the first hole

For those who have missed it (Myself included) extra nights are $109 +resort fee correct?

Any word on extra rounds?

Extra rounds will be up to the resort as the package is for the 2 days of the event.
Fortunately the hotel gave us a great deal on extra nights to pass on to everybody.

In all my excitement of unpacking the apexes I forget to be at my computer on time :( I am on the wait list though

Congrats to everyone who got in. I'm super jealous as this is going to be a heck of an event.

Congrats to everyone that got in! Great list of THPers there. Hang in there guys on the waiting list, it can certainly work out that you make it. It did for me in an event last year as a last minute add in. I'm hopeful that I may even be able to add my own name to this waitlist once I hear if I'm free from a possible work event that week. Regardless, I can't wait to follow along with all you guys taking on The Bear Trap!

Earliest I can get in is 1pm. Other option is 8:50 pm

I'm probably going down on that 1000 am flight Friday. A round on Friday is still do-able IMO, especially playing at the resort.

I'll be waking up there Friday, but I don't think I'm golfing. Possibly, but isn't in my current plans.

I'll be waking up there Friday, but I don't think I'm golfing. Possibly, but isn't in my current plans.

Me too.

I was thinking about just relaxing all day Friday.

Back