The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Range session planned tonight to continue work on the driver and fairway woods off the tee. I plan on doing what I did last time and mock play my course, not allowing me to get into a rhythm so that the alignment issues and grip issues/smothering crop up again and I can combat them effectively. Excited to finally be pinpointing the issue and hopefully solving it. Also need some putting practice, as my 38 putt round from last weekend absolutely cannot happen again. I know that some really good scores are in my future if I can address these two things, as my iron and wedge play have been very strong lately.

Range session planned tonight to continue work on the driver and fairway woods off the tee. I plan on doing what I did last time and mock play my course, not allowing me to get into a rhythm so that the alignment issues and grip issues/smothering crop up again and I can combat them effectively. Excited to finally be pinpointing the issue and hopefully solving it. Also need some putting practice, as my 38 putt round from last weekend absolutely cannot happen again. I know that some really good scores are in my future if I can address these two things, as my iron and wedge play have been very strong lately.

Keep grinding dude! 38 putts!?

Back at the range to work on my lesson from this morning, I will get this move down

Talk is cheap, Its time to go outside and ruin some of the grass in the yard!

After a few days of not being at the range I'm pretty pumped to get back at it tonight. I'm gunna focus quite a bit on my driver as the driver has been giving me some serious issues over the last week or 2. Haven't even gotten a real chance to use the new swing on the irons which I'm most comfortable with right now because I'm constantly trying to get out of trouble. Regardless I'm looking forward to getting back into range mode.

Absolutely horrendous range session today. I have some serious work to do. Nothing I do is working for me at all. This is the most frustrated I've been with my game...or lack of I should say, ever.

Last edited:
Absolutely horrendous range session today. I have some serious work to do. Nothing it working for me at all. This is the most frustrated I've been with my game...or lack I should say ever.

I've been right there in your shoes bro. It's a tough journey and some days just plain suck. I have no doubt that you will get things figured out.

Lesson canceled due to amazing weather. Hoping friday evening now

Range was closed today die to the rain of the last 2 days so was relegated to short game which isn't a bad thing.

Did a bunch of head to head with the XL SW and TT 54* to confirm some thoughts.

Worked on some technique with tougher lies and had good success with the XL.

Range was closed today die to the rain of the last 2 days so was relegated to short game which isn't a bad thing.

Did a bunch of head to head with the XL SW and TT 54* to confirm some thoughts.

Worked on some technique with tougher lies and had good success with the XL.

Your short game improving is scary. I don't want to see you on a Sunday in July.

Your short game improving is scary. I don't want to see you on a Sunday in July.

Haha, thanks dude. In all honesty I've regressed a bit over the winter. LOVED the RTX wedges and have had a tough time replacing them.

I'll get it back to where it should be though.

Haha, thanks dude. In all honesty I've regressed a bit over the winter. LOVED the RTX wedges and have had a tough time replacing them.

I'll get it back to where it should be though.

I know you will dude and that is what worries me haha. Countless chips within 3 feet will break just about anybody.

I will take on #Cookie Sunday. #Revenge

I've been right there in your shoes bro. It's a tough journey and some days just plain suck. I have no doubt that you will get things figured out.

Thanks Jordan. Just baffling to me. Started out the year striking the ball the best I've ever had. Straight high and long. Now I can't hit my driver in a fairway and can't find a tempo or timing on any club to save my life. It's been a really frustrating couple weeks.

Thanks Jordan. Just baffling to me. Started out the year striking the ball the best I've ever had. Straight high and long. Now I can't hit my driver in a fairway and can't find a tempo or timing on any club to save my life. It's been a really frustrating couple weeks.

I've gone through this a few times. I go see a golf pro and thinks generally get fixed. You've got skills dude, things will come around.

I've gone through this a few times. I go see a golf pro and thinks generally get fixed. You've got skills dude, things will come around.

I got 3 lessons left with my pro so I'll be taking them here shortly a little more frequently and probably start another package part of it is I'm thinking too much.

Today I had one of my most successful practice sessions in weeks. During my last lesson about two weeks ago we worked on some footwork. Since that lesson I have worked and worked. I was getting it but not exactly where it needed to be and today that work came to fruition as it finally clicked. I worked the through my bag with this new ingrained feeling at it was great.

After work I had lag putting lesson and that also went really well.

I ended my day at a Cobra demo day event and pretty much decided on my MC bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back at the range to work on my lesson from this morning, I will get this move down

Such a good session really feel I got a hang of the changes made this morning. I don't have the distance I had as the new move is restrictive but I believe I will get it back that with the added accuracy I'm seeing I will go low.

Keep grinding dude! 38 putts!?

Hahaha oh yeah, the combination of a course with already tough greens and aeration about 1.5 weeks prior made it pretty much impossible to get any kind of good read on speed. Need some serious practice though regardless.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Had a lesson today. I wanted to address my loss of distance. Everything is hit flush, doesn't look like it's ballooning, but like 15 yards shorter than normal. I suspected I was casting and that's exactly what it is. It's something I can play with and have been by adjusting distances, but I want to correct it, so bought an impact bag and will be working on hitting a tee a few inches in front of the ball.

He spent some extra time with me on the LM just working on lag and showing me the numbers, which was cool. We'd both hit 9 irons and compare numbers. I actually got him swinging my Altitudes as well.

Otherwise, he likes where my swing is and doesn't think it needs to change, other than getting the lag better. It felt pretty good to see my improvement; he put up my swing from the first lesson and compared it to now, which was drastically different. There was a thread about ultimate compliments recently and having him comment that it seemed I put in a lot of work to improve and thanking me for that was pretty, well, complimentary. It's still a journey though and there's a lot more work to do. I have a lesson scheduled next week to either go over this some more or get into the short game.

Gonna keep grinding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rain today made it impossible for an outdoor range session, so I headed to covered bays. Worked on tempo and finishing as I could feel myself on Sunday finishing on my heels - not what I want.

It was better but I need to keep working on it.

uploadfromtaptalk1400111837982.jpg

Took the tour preferred 58 around the greens for an hour or so before the downpour started. I really don't remembering being able to spin the ball this much on pitch shots, but they're really checking hard on the second bounce. It's taking some getting used to for sure.

Rain today made it impossible for an outdoor range session, so I headed to covered bays. Worked on tempo and finishing as I could feel myself on Sunday finishing on my heels - not what I want.

It was better but I need to keep working on it.
Even in Indiana, it still looks like that picture was taken in a mirror.

Even in Indiana, it still looks like that picture was taken in a mirror.

It great hitting on the bay until the wind started blowing the rain into the bay. :)

glad to see so many putting in work on their games today, a couple of us in less than ideal weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back