THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOB has me trending from a 35.4 to a 34.5 after I entered my score from Orange County National this weekend. If I keep this up, I will be sub-30 soon. Hope to play Wednesday. A friend of mine gave me the number of a coach in Wilmington, NC who he said helped him a lot in getting a consistent swing. I am giving him a call tomorrow to see if I can spend a couple of hours with him one day. Bummed my instructor moved away, but I still have all the notes I took during my lessons. Hoping that for the most part those hold me over until I can find another local instructor. Wondering if I shouldn't just let the lessons I took sink in before I switch to someone else so quickly though.

Always good to see improvement. I would stay on top of the lessons. I tend to take a few then stop and then lose everything. Don't let that happen. Keep up the good work.

I was in the single digits for like 4 seconds. Trending back to 10.7. Likely going to go up a little bit more before the scores start getting lower.

Curious question ? At my public course , the pro will enter the handicaps . He told us there is too many sandbaggers in the area . I played single for a few rounds , he took my scores .. But next time he said you have to play with another golfer to make the score official . I see the benefit in this , and I also Appreciate his concerns on sand bagging . Good to see he is trying to make the game fair for everyone .

Anyone else have a similAr scenario to this? You like or dislike it ?

Curious question ? At my public course , the pro will enter the handicaps . He told us there is too many sandbaggers in the area . I played single for a few rounds , he took my scores .. But next time he said you have to play with another golfer to make the score official . I see the benefit in this , and I also Appreciate his concerns on sand bagging . Good to see he is trying to make the game fair for everyone .

I dislike it. Can't always play with someone else and even when you do, are they keeping your score if not in a tourney, etc?

Golf is a game of integrity.

And this is another reason I love the THP service as opposed to a local club.

I dislike it. Can't always play with someone else and even when you do, are they keeping your score if not in a tourney, etc?

Thanks cookie ..I thought the same , I'm so so limited on time . Playing single is my only option at times to just get 9 holes in . I felt the integrity vibe as well .. But they have some big $$ events where you can win some serious cash . Unfortunately I can't play in them do to my family life

Pretty excited about this next revision. May meet my 2014 goal, if my trend is correct.

Not a fan of this either. I mean, the course is probably busy enough that most people are playing with others, anyway. I don't think playing with other people is going to stop someone from sandbagging, unless they're someone who everyone already suspects is a big sandbagger. Honestly, that's why I like that the league I play in keeps a league handicap - people aren't going to lie about scores in league matches. We are split into two halves though, so you see some "interesting" play once some teams are out of it - going for par 5s in two, trying crazy shots around the green and such.

Looking forward to revision day - first I've had this year with enough rounds to register. I've been keeping track in OOB for the past couple years, but got a GHIN handicap for the first time in years at my course this year. Starting off the season up a couple strokes, but there's plenty of year left.

Will be getting my first revision of the year with a handicap tomorrow. Hoping for something in the high single digits.

Trending to drop from 14.1 to 12.9 tomorrow!

Dropped to 6.7, only climb right back to 7.1 during the past 5 or 7 rounds.

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Here we HAVE to play with someone or in a tournament to get a HCP qualified round. Cards must be signed.

I don't mind it, but it would be nice to be able to submit every single round.

Updates tomorrow I'm heading in the wrong direction this revision will see 3 good scores replaced with 1 solid 1 and 2 crappy ones

12.2 to 13.1

I'm trending to drop about half a point due to an 81 at OCN and 77 at Waterlefe.

Thought I was trending .1 up but just checked again after my 40 I'm trending up .7, not heading in the right direction. Had a couple bad weeks and hopefully I can get back on the right track.

Looks like I'm trending up to 16.7 after a bad round before Florida then my 95 at OCN. So only had two rounds in this time with the vacation to Florida with LITA.

No change, stayed at 11.8.

I need to get more rounds in, once a week isn't enough to make much of an impact anytime soon.

21.3 to 21.2. Diablogolf membership expires on 5/19 what should I do for a new HDCP. Mmmmm. In all seriousness I need to shoot some some lower scores (under 90) to see another drop anytime soon. Lesson time. Hopefully my new SeeMore and SPI work will help also.

I'm trending to drop about half a point due to an 81 at OCN and 77 at Waterlefe.

77 at Waterlefe is impressive. Well done.

21.3 to 21.2. Diablogolf membership expires on 5/19 what should I do for a new HDCP. Mmmmm. In all seriousness I need to shoot some some lower scores (under 90) to see another drop anytime soon. Lesson time. Hopefully my new SeeMore and SPI work will help also.

WHy not use the official handicap tracker on THP?

no change...sitting at 6.0. I want to be 4.0 by the Bridgestone Championship.

77 at Waterlefe is impressive. Well done.

Been fortunate there. My last 5 rounds there are

A few of those rounds I am pretty sure I would have gone in the mid 60s at other places. Just so much toughness out there and not a lot of spots for birdies.

Back down to 2.5 after a 77 and a 72 during this scoring period.

I'm at 19 rounds registered now, so I suspect the handicap won't be changing as much as I thought. Interesting.

(Copy from the now closed thread -- just to make sure I'm staying current.)

WHy not use the official handicap tracker on THP?

I entirely plan to. Bad attempt at sarcasm. This was actually my plan all along to not renew my old service and join the thp one.

Stayed the same at 9.7. Only one round in the last week due to business travel. Looking to add 9 tonight and 36 over the weekend if weather holds.

JM

from 12.2 to 13.1. had some solid scores fall off, but I havent reached consistent golf yet so not surprised.

I do now have 2 rounds of highs scores to play with, and have 3 differentials in the 16s that if I can improve up upon the next few rounds out should make a nice dent in the right direction for the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back