THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been fortunate there. My last 5 rounds there are

A few of those rounds I am pretty sure I would have gone in the mid 60s at other places. Just so much toughness out there and not a lot of spots for birdies.

Nevermind -- your 77 isn't that impressive anymore. :Alien

knowing where to hit it obviously helps at that course. But it's a tough track in general. Low 70's there certainly suggests breaking 70 on other courses.

11.2 from 11.1.
Just need to putt better

Oops posted in old thread. 10~9.1

From 8.2 to 7.9
Its getting there, but with the work going in, I am a long way from that 0.7 I was just 2 years ago.

My handicap ended up going up from 16.1 to a 16.6. With basically only two rounds in towards that I figured it wouldn't change to much. But I am not on vacation no more so I should have more rounds in this next 15 days.

Woah, first revision came in and I logged a solid 6.4. Pretty darn happy where I'm starting, but once I venture out from my comfort zone then I will see if it's real.

Went up from 7.7 to 7.8 with 12 rounds posted so far. I have been playing pretty consist golf being in the 80-84 range so would expect to top out around 8.8-9.5. Still some swing changes to get ingrained so I am happy for where I am currently at.

Slight move in wrong direction. Went from 9.3 to 9.6. Got in only two 9 hole rounds this revision period (both 43's) and the first one of those combined with an older nine hole round (a 46) that bumped a low score out. Went through two weeks where I just didn't have the interest to play after #theking but I'm over that now. Started working on some adjustments on my swing plane that should help produce a little more distance. Have a third lesson planned in about two weeks.

My match play individual golf league is now open as well and I should be getting my first match in soon.

Officially down to a 14.5 this morning from a 15.4 last revision. Putting up some better rounds as the lessons start to put me in some better positions. Still a long way I can improve, but excited to see some progress on the scorecard.

Down (yuck) to 17.7 from 18.1. I need to play more. Two rounds a revision isn't getting it done.

Continuing to trend down to a 31.9. There are some older high scores that are really keeping it up. If I can get a some rounds in with scores like I have been shooting lately, I should have it down to the mid twenties in a month or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to 18.3 my goal of 15 by years end is realistically in my sights. Now I just need to play more golf and that is also going to be a reality once school gets out. I also need to play some more challenging courses I this may have a negative impact on the index in the short term but will be better for my long terms goals.

A pretty nice drop for me from 15.8 to 14.1. The hard work is definitely paying off. There are always steps backwards but that just makes me push harder . Its been a long process and not one that I have taken for granted.

Down to 19.1. Very nearly there. Will be playing a lot of golf next month; I think I'll be able to bring that down well below 18 ahead of the Morgan Cup. It's about peaking at the right time. Feeling very confident in my swing, and carving out more time at the range. Going to be a fun next couple of months.

Miller Time
Goal - 8

I've only been serious about my game for about 2 years now and no matter what I've done with equipment, it seems like my avg score was always around 85-87. I finally broke 80 a couple of times last year and I believe I can get it down to single digits. I was down to an 11 at one point, but it's started to creep back up lately.

I finally decided to make the investment in GolfTEC lessons and I've seen some really good results so far. My tee game has improved dramatically with some grip and posture help, but recently my putting from 10ft and in has let me down. I'm hoping a putting lesson in the coming weeks will help me get going in the right direction as spring rolls around and I can start to see the scores stay in the low 80s and see my HDCP drop down into the single digits.

I grew up playing many sports, but I honestly believe this is the toughest game to become really, really good at. Great thread.

After today's revision, I'm down to 8.1 from 10.3! So close!

Last 4 scores: 81, 75, 81, 76

Trending down to 1.4

A pretty nice drop for me from 15.8 to 14.1. The hard work is definitely paying off. There are always steps backwards but that just makes me push harder . Its been a long process and not one that I have taken for granted.

Heck of a drop dude, keep on plugging away at it!

My first post here, I moved my Handicap over from a local club to the US Handicap offered up by THP. Completed my five plus rounds and have my first cap post of the year today.

Alex
My goals are to get to a 10, by the Bridgestone Championship, get my body healthy, and just really enjoying playing the game when I'm out there, no matter what.

I started taking golf more seriously two years ago, but was derailed a bit by a torn meniscus and then complications after that. I was able to really devote myself to golf and overall health last year and I finished the year with a 16.0 I went for a fitting earlier this year and was fit for wedges and irons, woods were fit also but it wasn't in the budget. After the fitting I picked up a slight back injury that I've been going to PT for, the back is starting to feel good and I'm seeing regular progress. I [plan on starting a consistent practice regimen next week.

I've head lessons in the past but it was a bad experience. I'm not letting that get to me though and I've scheduled a putter lesson next week with an instructor and if that goes well I will schedule short game and full swing lessons as well.

Those are my goals for this year and I'm confident that I will get there.

Thought I was trending .1 up but just checked again after my 40 I'm trending up .7, not heading in the right direction. Had a couple bad weeks and hopefully I can get back on the right track.

Yep. Up from 6.2 to 6.9. Not good. Had a few good scores from last year drop off and have a a low 90's and a few high 80's rounds lingering from last year. Team that with struggling the last week or two and I'm not trending in the right direction! More hard work ahead.

A lot of good golfers here.

JB, you still gaming the Altitudes?

Nice drop. We got to get out again. maybe some night after work next week.

A lot of good golfers here.

JB, you still gaming the Altitudes?

My signature has my full bag. Some are in there.

Down a hair to 24.7. Progress is slow but it's a long road so I'm happy to be improving.

I lost another half point from 3.8 to 4.3. I'm just not scoring now but I'm going thru some changes so it was somewhat expected. Short game has been better and that bodes well for when the long game comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back