The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked on setup changes in the mirror and hit balls at the same. As expected, it was awkward and difficult at times. No big deal there. Will take it to the grass range tomorrow.

Had a brief range session yesterday after work. With wind in my face I decided to work on ball placement while still keeping that extension through. Tried to keep my weight more on my right foot as I went through. Glad I can still flight the ball a little lower with these Tour 90s, but some of my well struck shots got me shaft pondering...

Worked on setup changes in the mirror and hit balls at the same. As expected, it was awkward and difficult at times. No big deal there. Will take it to the grass range tomorrow.
My instructor gave me a "tape on the mirror tracing the swing plane" drill to do; and I can't find a mirror. What type of mirror do you have? I can't find anything 1) that makes sense for what I need it for and 2) CHEAP.

Rain today made it impossible for an outdoor range session, so I headed to covered bays. Worked on tempo and finishing as I could feel myself on Sunday finishing on my heels - not what I want.

It was better but I need to keep working on it.

View attachment 14596

I'm EXTREMELY jealous of the setup of that practice facility.

Worked on some putting today. I focused mainly on putting confidently through the ball as I feel like I've gotten kind of lazy in my stroke lately.

I'm EXTREMELY jealous of the setup of that practice facility.

So you don't want me to bring up the giant heaters on the ceiling in each bay do you? :)

Last edited:
So you don't want me to being up the giant heaters on the ceiling in each bay do you? :)

Man, I'm going to have to talk Mark into doing some serious renovations to Plum Creek! The 3 holes he plans to have in by next year won't be enough! :D

I had a solid hour or so today between the putting green and hitting a few 6 irons. I have focused on green reading drills over the last week or so and although it has been a struggle, I am starting to see some improvement. I have actually stopped using my mat at home as I think it is causing more issues than it is helping.

I'd like to hear about those green reading drills.

Appears I'm going to get rained on for practice today. Booo.

Hoping it's not bad, because I want to shoot a little video.

Appears I'm going to get rained on for practice today. Booo.

Hoping it's not bad, because I want to shoot a little video.

Sometimes a little rain can be fun.

I'm going to hit it hard today, I really need a good range session and some golf in general in the worst of ways.

Hahaha oh yeah, the combination of a course with already tough greens and aeration about 1.5 weeks prior made it pretty much impossible to get any kind of good read on speed. Need some serious practice though regardless.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ahh aeration, then it doesn't count! :D Aerated greens can kill a good round.

Sometimes a little rain can be fun.

I'm going to hit it hard today, I really need a good range session and some golf in general in the worst of ways.

As long as you're not trying to photograph equipment for reviews lol. See my W/S pics.

Get out there and hit em well dude. I'm just going to keep working on these setup changes. I felt really tense last night at times and that's no good.

As long as you're not trying to photograph equipment for reviews lol. See my W/S pics.

Get out there and hit em well dude. I'm just going to keep working on these setup changes. I felt really tense last night at times and that's no good.

Thats been me with the driver, it feels strange/foreign but its right and I just need to let the tension go and embrace it bc when I do the results don't lie. Easier said than done sometimes though, stupid brain.

4th day of rain in a row for me means 0 chance of any range time, not that I probably would have time with with the kiddos not feeling well. Was really hoping to get some swings in this week dangit.

Thats been me with the driver, it feels strange/foreign but its right and I just need to let the tension go and embrace it bc when I do the results don't lie. Easier said than done sometimes though, stupid brain.

I was telling 441 about that the other night. Instructor saw it right away and basically made me take some core swings to loosen up and forget about trying to steer or think about positions. Worked really well there, but it's not the same in my garage. Sounds funny, but the remnants of my garage door opener hanging up there are still in my head.

4th day of rain in a row for me means 0 chance of any range time, not that I probably would have time with with the kiddos not feeling well. Was really hoping to get some swings in this week dangit.

Mistake by the Lake!

My instructor gave me a "tape on the mirror tracing the swing plane" drill to do; and I can't find a mirror. What type of mirror do you have? I can't find anything 1) that makes sense for what I need it for and 2) CHEAP.

I just use a regular mirror like what you'd see mounted on the back of a door. (I have three of these mirrors in the house and I don't know why) and just move it around as I see necessary. I've not thought of putting tape on one though?

I just use a regular mirror like what you'd see mounted on the back of a door. (I have three of these mirrors in the house and I don't know why) and just move it around as I see necessary. I've not thought of putting tape on one though?

To be fair, it may not work as well for standard sized people.

Any mirror closet doors in your house? Our closets are all mirror doors, so I just take one of those off and place it where I need it.

To be fair, it may not work as well for standard sized people.

Jerk! .... Actually, I lean mine at an angle just so I can see the top position because I don't want to stand so far away while making swings. Also, Pete is similar in height to me so it works out.

Any mirror closet doors in your house? Our closets are all mirror doors, so I just take one of those off and place it where I need it.

I would have one (attached to a door at my parents' house). I would need at least one more to tape up the swing plane. I see a lot of mirrored doors when I look at Lowes etc., but not door mirrors.

Just go to Walmart or Target or something like that in person and find the mirror section, then find the cheapest one. I'm positive I didn't spend more than 8 bucks because there's no way I'd be dumb enough to own 3 of them at 25 bucks a pop.

If its not the cold its the rain. #FloridaHouseShopping is in full effect. I may have to take my pop up tent out and hit from underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back