2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

I so wish I would have been able to swing this one. Just couldn't pull the trigger.

For about 40K Points I think me and my girlfriend will be arriving Thursday at 3:45 and then coming back Monday at 4:30.

Gives us some time to hangout just the two of us as well.

There was a shuttle (and I assume there still is) right by the baggage claim area in PBI. Sunshine or something like that? You don't have to reserve it. Just walk up and say you need the shuttle and they'll tell you when it's leaving.

PGA National does not employ a shuttle themselves and my advice to you is not let the resort handle that aspect when you leave. They have a car service they work with that will cost a little more than a cab service for example. Plan ahead and you will save some money.

Can we get the shuttle to come pick us up at the resort or is our only option a cab service?

Can we get the shuttle to come pick us up at the resort or is our only option a cab service?

You might research it a bit, because there are some PBI shuttle services that have websites. I don't know if they do pickups though.

You might research it a bit, because there are some PBI shuttle services that have websites. I don't know if they do pickups though.

PBI's website has transportation choices, I looked at "GO" Airport shuttle service. It's $48 for 2 people to get dropped off/picked up.

That's a very good price imo.

PBI's website has transportation choices, I looked at "GO" Airport shuttle service. It's $48 for 2 people to get dropped off/picked up.

This seems like the best option. I will probably be doing that.

This seems like the best option. I will probably be doing that.

That is $48 one way, $96 round trip. You can schedule both the "arrival" and "departure" pick ups online today if you wanted to so you don't have to worry about calling

That is $48 one way, $96 round trip. You can schedule both the "arrival" and "departure" pick ups online today if you wanted to so you don't have to worry about calling

Not as good anymore hahah

Dang I'm jealous of the prices I see you all finding.

I was thinking the same thing....I can fly to FLL for $184 round trip on Spirit, Pay $100 bag fees and rent a car or I can fly SWA to PBI for $354 round trip with zero bag fees and no need to rent a car...but there is a 3:30 layover in Baltimore

Not as good anymore hahah

I just filled out a fake one:

Arrival: 2 passengers (3 bags) = $48
Departure: 4 passengers (8 bags) = $48

So if we end up having people that are leaving at the same time it looks like the charge stays at $48 and everyone could split it.

We used 16k points and got round trip from Knoxville to PBI for $290 each. Would have been $374 without using points.

Oddly enough, Southwest out of Nashville was $50 more and would cost us gas and parking to/at Nashville. Knoxville airport is 5 min from work and a coworker is dropping us off and picking us up.

So far, roughly $100 is best I can find on a rental car at PBI. Even with corporate discounts. I will continue to watch those prices.

I just filled out a fake one:

Arrival: 2 passengers (3 bags) = $48
Departure: 4 passengers (8 bags) = $48

So if we end up having people that are leaving at the same time it looks like the charge stays at $48 and everyone could split it.

Assume you can't split it really. For 100 bucks, wouldn't it be worth it to rent a car considering parking fee is covered for Friday and Saturday night?

I'm looking at 306 out of Dayton and 370 out of Cincinnati. Not bad at all from where I'm sitting.

306 ain't bad really

Girlfriend will be with me, we will probably do a shuttle but I don't know yet. I am sure the more on the shuttle the cheaper the price? I don't know how the shuttle works there.

I would also be down for splitting a shuttle

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You check flights out of CAK yet Mike?

I have a spreadsheet lol with flight info from Columbus, cak, cleveland and Pittsburgh to 3 airports in Florida hahaha

Assume you can't split it really. For 100 bucks, wouldn't it be worth it to rent a car considering parking fee is covered for Friday and Saturday night?

It would be if I was 25 for sure. I cannot find anything REMOTELY reasonable for car rental for me.

About to hit up Priceline on a rental car. Will report back after lunch.

Starting to look at flight/car options - glad to see that it makes sense $$$-wise to fly direct into PBI versus FLL. Hoping to play golf on Friday afternoon, but not sure I'd make it to the resort before 1:30.

Back