How many swing do you have?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I hear quit often that people head to the range to find their swings. Or they are going to find a swing that works. These statements got me thinking, how many swings does the average player have?

I would like to think we all have one swing but I do not think that is the case. I think a few feel the driver and irons are swung differently, But it goes even deeper than that. I know for a fact some have not idea what swing will show up on any given day. What works on Saturday may not work on Sunday.

I would one swing would be more than enough to deal with let alone 2 or 3. So how many swings do you have. Have you ever considered consolidating into one.

Just one swing, just sometimes I don't know where to find it.

I hear quit often that people head to the range to find their swings. Or they are going to find a swing that works. These statements got me thinking, how many swings does the average player have?

I would like to think we all have one swing but I do not think that is the case. I think a few feel the driver and irons are swung differently, But it goes even deeper than that. I know for a fact some have not idea what swing will show up on any given day. What works on Saturday may not work on Sunday.

I would one swing would be more than enough to deal with let alone 2 or 3. So how many swings do you have. Have you ever considered consolidating into one.

I just have my normal swing and a punch swing with a lower, more abbreviated finish. Certainly my normal bunker swing is more outside in with a quicker wrist cock.

I have one swing. My problem is inconsistency and not practicing enough to engrain it. So when things get sideways on the course, Swing 2 & 3 tend to show up.

I try to have one swing. Without conscientiously making the decision, I probably have close to 100. If I was able to have the same repeatable swing, I probably would be a lot better golfer.

Well, I try to have just one swing. HaHa. But, when I say I'm going to the range to find my swing, I'm really saying I'm going to the range to find some tempo. That's what gets a little off for me, and when it does, I struggle--generally start over swinging.

I only have one swing, but sometimes I think that swing just wants a day off which leads me to have a pretty off day.

I know for a fact some have not idea what swing will show up on any given day. What works on Saturday may not work on Sunday.

The above is definitely me, if not day to day, hole to hole or swing to swing. I am striving for one repeatable swing.

I would say I have one swing, I may approach a shot a bit different, but I honestly feel like between the LW and the Driver my swing is the same.

I knew a guy that called himself "the golfer of a 1000 swings". Then I found out he had won a club championship or two and knew there was more to it than that.

I finally played a few rounds with him and he was obviously a very good golfer. He was just so in tune with his swing, he felt like he was never consistent, but the results were good.

I've always been a two swing player. I have a different approach with driver than I do the rest of the clubs. The last year has been a problem as more of the driver swing crosses into the 5 wood & 4 hybrid swings. I have gotten waaay to flat with those clubs and rip off some wicked hooks.

for me, I have a driver swing and an every thing else swing. and another swing that shows up occasionally, full of old habits I'm trying to break :).

Great topic. My answer woild have been completly different at the beggining of the year.

For now I have worked my tale off to get to one swing. Length and speed sometimes fluctuate but I try to stay consistant as possible on just the one.

Two the Good one and the bad one

I'm also in the category of two swings - one driver, one everything else. I've tried taking my iron swing to driver (and vice versa) but the feels just don't seem to integrate for me.

I just have my normal swing and a punch swing with a lower, more abbreviated finish. Certainly my normal bunker swing is more outside in with a quicker wrist cock.
The punch and bunker are actually different types of shots the require abbreviated moves

So this is interesting to me, please tell me how they are different.
I'm also in the category of two swings - one driver, one everything else. I've tried taking my iron swing to driver (and vice versa) but the feels just don't seem to integrate for me.

I have one swing....that has 487 parts.

One swing here. The path may differ. The takeaway might not be as full but in general my swing is one fluid motion. Obviously when I'm chipping it may look different but it's still one motion. Stance and ball placement may differ from time to time depending on what the shot calls for but again.....it's still one fluid motion. Charles Barkley may beg to differ. Loll

I have one swing that doesn't always show up. I used to think the driver was a separate swing, but I've since learned it's not.

I have 5,383 different swings on command from all of my experimentation I have done on the range and the course . Some May last a week some a round .. Some maybe one shot. ,.. But they all work

So this is interesting to me, please tell me how they are different.

With driver, I feel like my takeaway is wider, and when I start my downswing, my first move is to my right elbow into my hip as I start to pivot. Doing that move right there was a big part of getting rid of my slice. But when I try that with irons (which is admittedly a shorter swing), I hit worm burners.

Just one swing. It's like having a wife, more than one means serious trouble ahead lol.

With driver, I feel like my takeaway is wider, and when I start my downswing, my first move is to my right elbow into my hip as I start to pivot. Doing that move right there was a big part of getting rid of my slice. But when I try that with irons (which is admittedly a shorter swing), I hit worm burners.

What is your ball flight with the driver?

I only have one swing that I try to use, but I still can't '' find my swing '' sometimes. Just more of a figure of speech than anything. It just means I suck at golf and can't make my swing work sometimes.

Back