The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business lunch today with the boss and 2 other co-workers. A really good time. Perhaps too good of a time. I am starting to feel it already.

It amazes me that we see all sorts of accounts on the local news of cars getting stuck trying to cross flooded out streets, only to have to be rescued by the Fire Department (thank you GofinFF) who has much more important things to do.

yet the next time it floods (today) we see people trying it again...probably thinking "oh it won't happen to me, I know what I'm doing" yeah, well guess not. Really what are people thinking. I have an SUV and I'm not timid, but I know fighting a stream of running water is a losing battle.

It amazes me that we see all sorts of accounts on the local news of cars getting stuck trying to cross flooded out streets, only to have to be rescued by the Fire Department (thank you GofinFF) who has much more important things to do.

yet the next time it floods (today) we see people trying it again...probably thinking "oh it won't happen to me, I know what I'm doing" yeah, well guess not. Really what are people thinking. I have an SUV and I'm not timid, but I know fighting a stream of running water is a losing battle.

And that's the love hate I have with my job DUMB PEOPLE keep it interesting & entertaining

Sitting at home, waiting for a shipment of supplies for our roof replacement job. Everything was supposed to be delivered this morning, with a call to me one hour before they were to arrive.

It's 11:15, no call, no word. So much for this morning.

So update on this, my shipment showed up at almost 2:30. Turns out they loaded it all onto the wrong truck, so they had to drive it back to the yard and transfer it over. The invoice clearly stated a home garage delivery, but they put it on a boom truck, not a flatbed with a forklift.

All's well that ends well, I guess. Stinks that I had to miss an entire day in the office (and a planned trip to the range), so all my end of week paperwork and reports are going to have to be done on Monday morning, which is typically very busy for me.

Just set my alarm to come to work tomorrow. Says set for 10 hours and 4 min from now......

I'm still not off my current shift for another 2 hours.

happy birthday

Hahaha

Old therearepaired the p

People not doing their jobs, which causes me to do stuff beyond my job description (and could technically get me fired) to try and help/ calm down customers.

So now I'm sitting here in a car a half hour from home waiting for a phone call that might not come, it may come tomorrow, or sunday, or Monday, not like I had plans for the weekend or anything.

Also the stupid tire shop never called me back, is my car done, not done? What my golf clubs are in there because it was supposed to be done in an hour.

Finally hooked up my new DirecTV Genie and now with it and my 2 HD-DVR's I don't have enough tuners to support my Whole Home DVR service. Sunday visit from the DirecTV guy scheduled.

Although being able to record 9 shows is going to be epic.

I was expecting your rant to be that you share a Spotify account with your wife....

Finally hooked up my new DirecTV Genie and now with it and my 2 HD-DVR's I don't have enough tuners to support my Whole Home DVR service. Sunday visit from the DirecTV guy scheduled.

That sucks.
I am a huge fan of having whole home and 6 tuners out of a single box.
Thank you TIVO Roamio.

That sucks.
I am a huge fan of having whole home and 6 tuners out of a single box.
Thank you TIVO Roamio.

No big deal. Was just hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with a service call. I will say this, the UI on the Genie is blazing fast.

Oh and my other rant is nothing is sacred among friends, especially screen shots and a shared Spotify account.

This is not an anti US rant but seriously, how completely rubbish is the USPS?!? When you have paid for something to be delivered in two days (Baltimore to NY) and it takes 5 days you know you are dealing with incompetence on a huge scale. As a result, instead of the father in law picking them up at his hote; I have to try and work out how to get them from the hotel to NZ. Bloody useless.

This is not an anti US rant but seriously, how completely rubbish is the USPS?!? When you have paid for something to be delivered in two days (Baltimore to NY) and it takes 5 days you know you are dealing with incompetence on a huge scale. As a result, instead of the father in law picking them up at his hote; I have to try and work out how to get them from the hotel to NZ. Bloody useless.

I assume you mean priority mail. Does not guarantee 2 day fwiw. Not a great system but priority for the money is hard to beat that 2-4 days.

9 shows? I don't think even smalls could pull that off.

I'm just impressed if the package arrives without the contents being stolen.

If you are going to sell a car that's been in a massive collision and has a "rebuilt" status why not disclose that prior to me driving out to look at it? Don't be surprised when I low-ball you due to this nice change of circumstances.

Asthma

Ruined a solid round, and ill have an ambulance ride bill to boot!

FML!

Not really, but rant worthy

Hope everything is ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back