The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

My mind is always thinking.....Yesterdays announcement caught me off guard but the more I thought about it the more excited I became.

This was exactly my process too. I'm all for it

Man that match with JB, P4B, and that other guy was awesome :act-up:. I don't know if I've ever played golf as well as I did that weekend, and I don't know if I've ever seen so many clutch shots in one single round. #1 clutch shot has to be that on 18 from JB, after we made two miracle putts on 16 and 17 I would think they were feeling some major pressure there on 18 and to pull that shot off was amazing.

I like how you can hear JB yell all the way from the tee box.

The way those last few holes were going if JB would have knocked that in we probably would have knocked it in from the fairway too. Its like the golf gods were just playing with us.

Literally the best match I've ever seen, it was memory making for everyone that witnessed it.

Having you there covering it was special.

Man that match with JB, P4B, and that other guy was awesome :act-up:. I don't know if I've ever played golf as well as I did that weekend, and I don't know if I've ever seen so many clutch shots in one single round. #1 clutch shot has to be that on 18 from JB, after we made two miracle putts on 16 and 17 I would think they were feeling some major pressure there on 18 and to pull that shot off was amazing.

The way those last few holes were going if JB would have knocked that in we probably would have knocked it in from the fairway too. Its like the golf gods were just playing with us.

You were incredible that day buddy.
Absolutely incredible.
It was my honor playing golf that day with you 3.

I've watched that clip so many times, and today I will watch it again!

JB:

Did P4B go with a driver from the tee or 3W or something else?

JB:

He hit driver. We were from the back tees.

He hit driver. We were from the back tees.

Ok, cool. It's a tight spot in the end of the fairway, skill is required.

Having you there covering it was special.

You were incredible that day buddy.
Absolutely incredible.
It was my honor playing golf that day with you 3.

The honor was all mine. Thanks for the memories

Ok, cool. It's a tight spot in the end of the fairway, skill is required.

18 on Caledonia is one of my favorite holes (that's why I made sure every time I played there our group went all way to 18 lol), yet requires some good strategy, especially off the tee. Hitting driver can put you too long because the fairway runs out and you're OB, or if you take a wood or iron too short you have a much longer shot over nothing but water to the green. I think I took an easy driver in 2012 and hit a decent fade that put us in a decent position for our approach and then last year I hit 3w off the tee because the tees were further forward. For those that play some practice rounds before the Morgan Cup you definitely want to hit a couple shots off the tee on 18 and see which distance works best for you from the fairway so that you have a comfortable approach shot.

There is nothing like being on the final hole of a match play round when its all on the line and having a 120 yard approach rather than a 170 yard approach. That's what makes JB's shot even more amazing, we had 120 in (I remember because I hit PW) and JB/P4B were further out, maybe JB could clarify their distance. Either way he completely nailed it so I was much happier to have a short iron in my hand when I saw where his approach shot landed.

JB:

When Jake pulled the big stick I thought to myself he's crazy! He's going to wind up in the marsh, he couldn't have walked out there and placed it any better, the whole round was brilliance from both sides!

Teammates will not only have to forget their bad shots but those of their partner. A bombing drive followed by a miscalculation by your partner... how will you handle it.

How will you take it if you miss hit your shot leaving your partner with a tough up and down..

All this with only 9 holes per match..

#goosebumps

Love the Mc.

If my afternoon round was any indicator of how my game is progressing then we shouldnbe fine. I'm not worried about my game or my partner's game. We both got a strong game, know how to support one another, and have a cojple antastic sponsors. No matter what, this is going to be the time of our lives!

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

If my afternoon round was any indicator of how my game is progressing then we shouldnbe fine. I'm not worried about my game or my partner's game. We both got a strong game, know how to support one another, and have a cojple antastic sponsors. No matter what, this is going to be the time of our lives!

This is true.. just continue to work until the event, then its time to relax and just enjoy one helluva weekend.

Once your nerves settle down, I'm sure you will be fine. i know you've said you don't have extreme highs or lows, but you have never stood the first tee at the Morgan Cup. I know it's just golf and at the end of the day life moves on. But whether you like or not, the MC it's forever part of life as you know it.

Once your nerves settle down, I'm sure you will be fine. i know you've said you don't have extreme highs or lows, but you have never stood the first tee at the Morgan Cup. I know it's just golf and at the end of the day life moves on. But whether you like or not, the MC it's forever part of life as you know it.

I think aboit this soo often. I know not what jitters and anxiety will be with me at the MC. Reading many past participants and knowing that the pressure will be there gets in my head at time. I know no amount of imagination or matchplay practice will prepare any of us for the "real deal"

However, im of the thinking ( and hopefully able to succeed) that come friday....that its all about enjoyment. Taking everything in and just simply relishing every second that I can.

I know everybody is working hard, and everyone wants to win...however im not going to let the desire to win overpare the sheer awesomness of this event.

Just like my spi, at the end of the day its about making sure you did everything right, and winning is just a byproduct of your prep.

I think aboit this soo often. I know not what jitters and anxiety will be with me at the MC. Reading many past participants and knowing that the pressure will be there gets in my head at time. I know no amount of imagination or matchplay practice will prepare any of us for the "real deal"

However, im of the thinking ( and hopefully able to succeed) that come friday....that its all about enjoyment. Taking everything in and just simply relishing every second that I can.

I know everybody is working hard, and everyone wants to win...however im not going to let the desire to win overpare the sheer awesomness of this event.

Just like my spi, at the end of the day its about making sure you did everything right, and winning is just a byproduct of your prep.
You would have to make conscious effort no to have fun. The weekend will suck you in and wash over you. We all are there to represent but we are also there to have a great time. The guys, volunteers, the fans, the course, the moments, the cup, personal gain all combine and spit out an amazing weekend.

You would have to make conscious effort no to have fun. The weekend will suck you in and wash over you. We all are there to represent but we are also there to have a great time. The guys, volunteers, the fans, the course, the moments, the cup, personal gain all combine and spit out an amazing weekend.

And I cant wait! its been a long process full of work ( in a good way) but working hard to be able to compete. Its going to be a great feeling to just let go and let the experience take over.

One of the best posts in this thread.
KongFuPanda nailed it.

Fun happens as a byproduct of the weekend. Dont try to avoid the competition, the desire and the nerves. We have heard from half the new people coming in each and every year that its about fun and nerves wont be there. I promise you they will be. I promise you want to be swept up in the competitive matches. Putting in all the work (assuming guys did it), should not be just for fun. It should be for a purpose. Fun happens as the byproduct of that purpose.

Nervous energy. I cant speak for the Morgan Cup as far and nerves. But I can remember vividly the nerves on the range during the Grandaddy. It was something I hadn't experienced before. I knew who we were playing, I knew my partner, but it felt so different. Months of preparations were behind me. I remember looking down the range, watching the sun melt the frost from the range, I can see the fore caddies gathering behind us, introducing themselves to the groups. Morgan and Josh walking around, talking to everyone. Asking if we were ready. It was time to do work. The results have been well documented. But it felt really different. It was a weirdly awesome feeling! Knowing I was playing for a team of brothers, representing THP, and myself. Those few minutes on the range is something I will never ever forget. It's like time was standing still for just a moment. My brain was soaking in the moment, every last detail.

I think Freddie and the rest of the veterans have said it best regarding experiences and feelings that will be derived from the Morgan Cup. I know that when I'm out in the range or playing a practice round, I am making an effort to hit every shot well. With that comes an added level of stress when that particular said shot isn't executed as expected. That comes from knowing that I have 7 teammates, 39 competitors, 4 other OEM's, and millions of viewers that are watching. We all are LIVING a dream that has us on a journey that will culminate in July. Yes the fun will be there, yes the emotions will be there, and yes the COMPETITION will be there. I know once I step foot on the grounds I will be lost in the nostalgia of what the MC is.

The question we all should be asking ourselves today, what else needs to be done over the next 50 some days that will have us prepared.

One of the best posts in this thread.
KongFuPanda nailed it.

Fun happens as a byproduct of the weekend. Dont try to avoid the competition, the desire and the nerves. We have heard from half the new people coming in each and every year that its about fun and nerves wont be there. I promise you they will be. I promise you want to be swept up in the competitive matches. Putting in all the work (assuming guys did it), should not be just for fun. It should be for a purpose. Fun happens as the byproduct of that purpose.

Agreed. The Panda us wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna be a good time. Doesn't mean we won't be nervous, or maybe even a bit intimidated by the event. But it's gonna be a good time.

one of the best posts in this thread.
Kongfupanda nailed it.

totally agree. Embrace embrace embrace.

I like anything that involves team...my team is a lot of fun. Crazy, but fun.
Aw, thanks, Dad.

Don't know how I missed this post from Thursday. Hey, you picked us. You brought this madness on yourself!

Team Hackers does have a great dynamic. Anything that brings the team element is something I'm looking forward to.

Practice with Purpose is so important right now. One thing I know I will be able to say is I put the time in. After seeing whats going on at Cleveland/Srixon today I Cant imagine what surprises the OEMs will have in store for us.

I have started hit shots with various holes from both courses in mind. The par threes on both courses. It has helped with shot shape and trajectory. Some holes are pretty straight forward but some will require a particular shot.

Back