Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Granted, this is a small sample size, but if you look at my scoring average of the four rounds I have played since getting the Altitudes versus the previous four rounds, I have dropped 8.5 strokes. Same driver, same putter, same swing. Helluva difference.

Congrats, that's great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'm still rocking the #4&5 Alts, and I have to say, they are the best par 5 clubs I've ever used.

I know that sounds silly, but they are more accurate than a "traditional" hybrid, so they are awesome for second shots up the fairway.

Also, if you can check your ego, it's pretty fun to play 4alt, 4alt, PW on a par 5. Your partners will call you crazy, but it does make the game a little easier when you have the confidence to just point and shoot.

We'll see how my course management skill continue to evolve. I think that's where I can put these to good use and maybe save a stroke or 2 per round.

I love these irons so now I just need to start loving golf as much :D

Gray, I know you tried the Adams A12OS, how does these compare to those. I took my old set of A12OS's out the other day and couldn't believe how easy these are to hit. I really don't know why I quit using them. I heard some great things about the Altitude set.

Last edited:
Gray, I know you tried the Adams A12OS, how does these compare to those. I took my old set of A12OS's out the other day and couldn't believe how easy these are to hit. I really don't know why I quit using them. I heard some great things about the Altitude set.

I've played the A12OS and I personally like the Altitudes better. They integrate a little better to me.

I'm still rocking the #4&5 Alts, and I have to say, they are the best par 5 clubs I've ever used.

I know that sounds silly, but they are more accurate than a "traditional" hybrid, so they are awesome for second shots up the fairway.

Also, if you can check your ego, it's pretty fun to play 4alt, 4alt, PW on a par 5. Your partners will call you crazy, but it does make the game a little easier when you have the confidence to just point and shoot.

We'll see how my course management skill continue to evolve. I think that's where I can put these to good use and maybe save a stroke or 2 per round.

Smart.

I had 330 yard par 4 last week in Scotland and hit 4i and pw and got a par. That's how to do it!

I use an A12 for my 3 hybrid, which is what I've been using to drive lately. I can hit it up to 250 to 270 with great contact and roll in the fairway (I'm at altitude), and that's driving off the deck not a tee. Not sure why or how I can hit that one so far, but I do. More regularly I hit it reliably at about 230 off the deck .And while it's not always straight, it is more than 50% of the time and even mistakes with it are generally not out of bounds. When my swing is "on", it's hard to mishit it.

My Alt 4i I hit 190 to 210 or so. I want to get smoother with these two this year, put in the practice time, and really dial in the distances. But between the two--the A12 hybrid and the Altitude irons, it's one of the most fun sets I've ever played and with no major tradeoffs so far. I don't do much shot shaping, but the little I've played around with this year has been doable. I had to hit a stinging fade under a huge tree 20 yards in front of me yesterday--but it had to go 130 to carry a hazard. I did it with the 4i, stung it low under the tree limbs, carried the hazard, and it rolled to about 150 after the carry. I couldn't believe it. I thought I'd try the shot, hit the hazard, and just take my medicine and move on.

What else will I ever really need to ask of that club, within reason, on a regular basis?

I love these irons so now I just need to start loving golf as much :D

I just can't wait to get to the course with these clubs just love using them it makes the game so much more enjoyable when you are playing most of your shots from the fairway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

I use my X Hot 4 hybrid instead of the 4 Alt I haven't found a reason to go to the 4 Alt yet as I hit the X Hot well

Some day I will get over myself and just buy a few of these.
Hit it 3 times today. 1st was par 3 196 downhill stupid me tried to start it out right for my draw and these do not draw and I absolutely hit it flush and just right but pin high. Easy par if I use my head and aim at center of green.

2nd time was out of the first cut of rough on 17 today 201 out I hit the 5 iron and 1 bounced it up to a front pin placement to about 8 feet.

Swing was a little off today and these still gave me chances out there today. Just so stupid straight.

Hit it 3 times today. 1st was par 3 196 downhill stupid me tried to start it out right for my draw and these do not draw and I absolutely hit it flush and just right but pin high. Easy par if I use my head and aim at center of green.

2nd time was out of the first cut of rough on 17 today 201 out I hit the 5 iron and 1 bounced it up to a front pin placement to about 8 feet.

Swing was a little off today and these still gave me chances out there today. Just so stupid straight.

Most of all, they are FUN.

But why play more forgiving irons? Center of the face is where its at, right?

Most of all, they are FUN.

Par 3's I just need to aim center of green. That's twice I've flushed one just out to the right looking for my draw. Dummy.

And THAT, James, is what the game is about.

Love, love, love this post.

Its precisely why I'll have another set. Some of my most fun rounds ever were with these. There's something to be said about that.

Its precisely why I'll have another set. Some of my most fun rounds ever were with these. There's something to be said about that.
Making golf, easy, fun, is just what it should be.

My wife (KellyBo and good friend DawgDaddy) tested the A12OS irons. They both loved them and hit them really well. I hit them a few times and was impressed to say the least. I didn't bag the Adams as my gamer so I don't have a good comparison between them and the Alts. Plus the fact I have only a few rounds with the Alts so I'm still bonding. I will say my thoughts are that if you are having success and fun with the Adams continue to do so. If you're still hungry for the Alts, they can be found at a reasonable price on the bay.

Par 3's I just need to aim center of green. That's twice I've flushed one just out to the right looking for my draw. Dummy.

If only it was that easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I absolutely LOVE these irons

I absolutely LOVE these irons

Me too the more I use them the more I love them :)

Another front nine round, another personal best for me. These clubs are just money. I have them from the five iron down to the drop wedge and they are just easy to hit and really make it fun out there for a relatively new golfer like me. So glad I checked my ego and started bagging these babies.

Another front nine round, another personal best for me. These clubs are just money. I have them from the five iron down to the drop wedge and they are just easy to hit and really make it fun out there for a relatively new golfer like me. So glad I checked my ego and started bagging these babies.

I loss my ego a long time ago bro. These truly are a fun set of irons that make a hard game more tolerable for any skill level imo.

I loss my ego a long time ago bro. These truly are a fun set of irons that make a hard game more tolerable for any skill level imo.

Indeed, and if you look under my avatar you can see my handicap. I am no pro, but I do hit much better shots with these.

Another range session and another solid night for me. I think the P and D wedges may make their way into the bag. It's hard to argue with the full swing results. The D wedge is just as high and 15 yards longer than my current one.

The 4 is the only thing I'm not so sure about. I don't hit it that well.

Another range session and another solid night for me. I think the P and D wedges may make their way into the bag. It's hard to argue with the full swing results. The D wedge is just as high and 15 yards longer than my current one.

The 4 is the only thing I'm not so sure about. I don't hit it that well.

The P and D are straight beasts for me. Whether I am using them for full shots or the prettiest little bump and runs when you have some green to work with, they are just great. And yes, like all the clubs, they are longer than my old set by at least 10 yards. Example, my pitching wedge went from being my 95-100 yard club to my 110-115 yard club. My drop wedge (approach wedge, whatever) went from being an 85-90 yard club to being a 95-105 yard club.

Back