"Hottest" / Longest Driver Head of the last few years?

I'll take "loaded questions" for $1000, Alex ;)

I think this is kind of an impossible question to answer as each person has a different swing which attains different results with the different club heads.

Just my opinion though.

If you put each head on the same shaft and had a robot swing dead center hits with the same ball, they would all end up very close to one another. I would say some drivers maintain more ball speed on the toe than others, while some maintain more ball speed on the heel or even on the bottom of the clubface than others. Max COR has been achieved. It's all about forgiveness and adjustability at this point.

No real or right answer here. My taste in drivers is questionable. Since I loved the Fast 12, Covert Tour and SLDR 430

SLDR for me by far, that thing is dangerous to my fairways in regulation percentage.

The hottest face on a driver, according to maxing out COR consistently, in golf is the Adams XTD. Now the longest driver out there always depends on the person.

Surely the "Worlds First No CC Driver", The HAMMER X, has to be up at the top of this list....hahaha

for me it is the SLDR 430

The Nakashima NP-1 was the one club with which I hit more drives over 325 yards than any other I've ever owned. It's not even close. The head and shaft combo I had in that was ridiculous!

I guess, if you go by who won the Long Drive Championship, the Krank Element is the longest. Not shown in "average golfer" testing, but, it was the longest that night.

Pat Perez hit his Big Bertha 382 this year... All subjective, I guess.

I think this is kind of an impossible question to answer as each person has a different swing which attains different results with the different club heads.

Just my opinion though.

I agree.

If by hottest you mean furthest, most tests would say the SLDR. Then again, many say that driver is one of the least forgiving too.

For me it is the Alpha and it is not even close.

War Eagle from my iPad

This one is hot
golf-ball-on-fire.jpg

X2 Hot is says so on the sole of the club.

I had this talk with two of my mates as we was down the range one of my mates a the new big bertha I have the Taylor made and last but not least has the Nike sumo sq which is 8 years old. He still hits that thing 300+ yards I only hit 260 and my mate with the bertha only hits 200 we all swapped clubs. and hit 10 with each we all laughed we lost or gained a max of 10 yards between all 3 I think a lot of it is all in our heads about distance I would always be happy losing 10 yards and keeping it straight but that’s just me.

It was a loaded question. Lets change the question a bit.

Name a driver head that is long and forgiving. How does that head compare to the 588 Custom?

Also, if the Custom 588 does not fit the bill I will have a new in plastic head with wrench and headcover for sale in the Marketplace soon, lol!

Aren't they all maxed out? I'd say equal in terms of hotness but some may affect loft or spin to make it longer or shorter for a particular golfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree that these are maxed, but that doesn't change the fact that every review on here talks about distance numbers and how long a certain driver is. Many of you have hit a lot of the newer drivers and have opinions based on feel, sound, performance, etc.

For me...Adams xtd, bertha and my old xhot

I do agree that these are maxed, but that doesn't change the fact that every review on here talks about distance numbers and how long a certain driver is. Many of you have hit a lot of the newer drivers and have opinions based on feel, sound, performance, etc.
"Hotness" of the club pretty much means the face, which is maxed out. Overall length that a player gets with a particular driver brings many other factors into play. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

My cobra bio cell is the longest driver I have gamed but also the only newer driver I have put in play.

So much more than the club head plays a part in this. If you want to maximize distance get fit. Go to a good fitter and try all the heads and go from there.

Back