2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a new belt too. I look like a jacka$$ in this one.

Need a new belt too. I look like a jacka$$ in this one.

One advantage to web belts. Never need a new one.

Last night was deadlifts 70% of max 5 sets at 3 reps. Followed by deadlift to powerclean to front squat complexes.

That was it. And it was awesome.

Last night was deadlifts 70% of max 5 sets at 3 reps. Followed by deadlift to powerclean to front squat complexes.

That was it. And it was awesome.

Now that sounds like a party Blu! Gonna assume your legs were a bit tired?!

Does anyone know some good stretches to help back spams? Mine are starting to get out of control. I am at the point of needing the heating pad just about every night. As I sit here and type I am in terrible pain, but have to push through because I have a ton to do.

If I have time today I am going to go to the hot yoga studio here and get signed up because I think that will really help as well.

Does anyone know some good stretches to help back spams? Mine are starting to get out of control. I am at the point of needing the heating pad just about every night. As I sit here and type I am in terrible pain, but have to push through because I have a ton to do.

If I have time today I am going to go to the hot yoga studio here and get signed up because I think that will really help as well.

I was going to say, yoga will help with that alot. I did a quick search for a stretch that I know helps me alot: http://drlumbago.com/best-back-exercises-stretches-lower-muscles-soreness-spasms-muscle-low/

Thanks Dev! It's funny, some of those I do and didn't realize they were good stretches, I just did them because it was some of the only positions I could put myself in that didn't hurt. Or hurt, but in the good hurting kind of way.

Yeah, the side knee drop and the prayer pose are my favorite. They really stretch the area where I have issues. To modify the side knee drop, rotate your legs all the way across so they are on the ground. then pick up your leg that is on the bottom of your two legs and use it to apply pressure on your knee so it is pulling it downward and making the stretch deeper. I doubt that makes any sense. I will try to find a video.

Yeah, the side knee drop and the prayer pose are my favorite. They really stretch the area where I have issues. To modify the side knee drop, rotate your legs all the way across so they are on the ground. then pick up your leg that is on the bottom of your two legs and use it to apply pressure on your knee so it is pulling it downward and making the stretch deeper. I doubt that makes any sense. I will try to find a video.

I think I get it, but a video would definitely help.

Now that sounds like a party Blu! Gonna assume your legs were a bit tired?!

They're not too bad actually. I usually do 3 sets of 5 reps at 70% and then one set of 3 at 80%. But I am still a little leery of my tennis elbow getting more inflamed. I effing hate tennis.

Look into a TENS unit. Well worth the $30 or so. I have a sheet with back stretches that I will look for and scan in. Also I find stretching my hamstrings and priformis extra helps my back immensely since there is less pull on my back.

Hauled 80lbs worth of my kids behind the bike in one of those trailers. Add in our hilly a$$ town and I'm wiped. Going to start doing this three nights a week. I like it and the kids like it.

Have you had a sports massage? That plus some of the stretches other people have mentioned did wonders when I had some back problems.

Took the kids on another bike ride with the bike wagon in tow. Took them to get ice cream and drank water while they enjoyed it lol. Sigh.

Took the kids on another bike ride with the bike wagon in tow. Took them to get ice cream and drank water while they enjoyed it lol. Sigh.

You are a better man than I. Would be hard for me to pass on the ice cream.

I'm lucky that sweets aren't really my vice. Now if I'd taken them to a brewery I might have been a little more upset.

I'm lucky that sweets aren't really my vice. Now if I'd taken them to a brewery I might have been a little more upset.

Fair enough, I am going to grab a small scoop of ice cream just because you made me hungry for some. Thanks jerk :alien:

Ha! I actually have these lite chocolate popsicles I eat occasionally. 45 calories each.

Ha! I actually have these lite chocolate popsicles I eat occasionally. 45 calories each.

This is a little single serving thing. Not good but not terrible, 160 calories but some protein and other good stuff packed in.

Not bad at all. Tomorrow after work begins cheat day(s). Yay.

Well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back