Need shaft suggestions for wedges

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
Hey everyone, I'm having a new set of wedges made and am looking for some shaft recommendations. Here is my current makeup

Nike SV Tour Black - 52° w/Dynamic Gold S400, 2° upright, standard length
Nike SV Tour Black - 56° w/Dynamic Gold S400, 2° upright, standard length
Nike SV Tour Black - 60° w/Dynamic Gold S200, 2° upright, standard length

If I had to describe my wedge play it would be this - My swing is steeper than the average, but I pick the ball cleanly when I'm hitting well. When I miss they are either skulled or HUGE craters.

The things I would like to see out of the new setup is a lower ball flight and more spin if possible. Lower flight is a bigger priority though.

Really though I have no complaints against my Dynamic Golds... I just wouldn't mind trying something new. Figure if I don't like it I can pull the DGs and put them in the new heads.

Any suggestions?

I doubt you're going to see a big difference no matter what you put in there, but never know.

DG Spinners would be my suggestion.

I was originally thinking the DG spinners as well, but heard they tend to launch very high

That's different, but considering it's the internet who knows what you'll hear.

DG Spinners do not launch high at all in my experience. I'm thinking of switching to KBS hi revs to get a higher flight with wedges.

I was originally thinking the DG spinners as well, but heard they tend to launch very high

Hawk is correct in that they launch lower than many for a large number of golfers. In fact their entire design and bend profile is based on that.

I like the KBS HiRev better than the DG spinners but the diffrences is very small so i just use S400 to keep the feel similar to X100's

I doubt you're going to see a big difference no matter what you put in there, but never know.

DG Spinners would be my suggestion.

I have a DG Spinner in my 58 degree and love it. My other wedges are matched to my irons.

I put graphite shafts in my wedges. Had an Accra SP that was 125g. Gear shaft but was too heavy vs irons, so I switched all wedges to aerotech Steelfiver i95s.

Why graphite? Less shock and vibration on the varied kinds of swings and things we do with wedges.

The aerotechs feel geat and are very stable. Perfect for wedges IMO.

If you are steep with your swing you already have a low launching shaft. You want to lower your ball flight I would adjust your swing.

I havet noticed much of a difference from DG Spinners to any other shaft. There certainly seems to be a lot of hate for DG Spinners on golf forums though.

I've had DG Spinners and currently game KBS HiRevs, both came stock with the wedges. If you covered up the shafts so I couldn't see the brands and hit them side-by-side, I wouldn't be able to tell which is which. IMO, the ball makes more of a difference.

Last edited:
I love my PXi, but, like Tadashi mentioned, the steep swing is more the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back