The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Trent did anything for the Browns, it was supply us with the #26 from Indy which we used to move up to #22 and take Johnny. Like him or not, he has a chance to change this organization around. And this city needed it. In such a lull with sports lately. He was a much welcomed shot in the arm for an awesome fan base

Lol.

Trent for Johnny. Turd for turd.

Really?

u5anemyb.jpg

As a Brewers fan, I know bad excuses. Robert Mathis really laid it on thick.

One of the NFL Live panelists picked Cleveland vs. 49ers in Super Bowl 2018 in Minnesota...c'mon Johnny football lol

Nah Minnesota I'd goinh to win their first Superbowl at home.

Interesting update for fans that love the Cowboys. Spoke to a friend this morning about their draft. The WR taken by them, some consider to be the best route runner in the entire draft and Dallas had him as a top 5 WR on their board. Street was a sleeper for teams such as Tampa, Buffalo, San Fran and about 9 others that all thought teams had honestly forgotten about him. Dallas had him slotted for the 3rd, but did not have that pick and when he fell, rumor had it that some teams feared his shoulder injury.

Dallas did their due dilligence and knew that he is coming along great and could step right in and play as the 3rd WR due to his pro style background and route running. The same injury that is holding him back this offseason, made him struggle to lift at the combine and it tanked his stock which was 2nd-3rd round for about 14 teams including those mentioned above. The Steelers were so high on him at one point this season, that they had him listed as the 3rd best WR in the class behind Watkins and Evans. Obviously things change and they moved him down for various reasons including that injury.

Dallas believes they have found a weapon that they have been looking for. Time will tell if that is right of course, but they are thrilled to death to have been able to pick DS.

Dallas Cowboys sign Devin Street
May, 23, 2014
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- With all of their seventh-round draft picks signed, the Dallas Cowboys have signed fifth-round pick, wide receiver Devin Street, to a four-year deal.

The Cowboys moved up in the fifth round to select Street, whose 202 career catches are a Pittsburgh record, with the 146th pick. He finished with 202 catches for 2,901 yards, which is third best in school history, and 16 touchdowns.

The Cowboys had him in the third round on their draft board and liked his size (6-foot-2, 198 pounds) and ability to attack the ball. He had his best year as a junior when he caught 73 passes for 975 yards. He was limited to 10 games as a senior, catching 51 passes for 854 yards and seven touchdowns.

The Cowboys view him as a complement to Dez Bryant and Terrance Williams with his ability to play outside should either of the starters gets hurt.

The Cowboys have yet to reach deals with their first-, second- and fourth-round picks in Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence and Anthony Hitchens.

Seventh-rounders Ben Gardner, Will Smith, Ahmad Dixon, Ken Bishop and Terrance Mitchell have already signed.

No Manziel stuff in here today...

Terrible choice of words, Ray.

Terrible choice of words, Ray.

Even worse for the Ravens to be OK with this

Even worse for the Ravens to be OK with this

I thought it was a joke when I first saw it on my feed, then I saw it actually came from the team account. Just awful.

One of the NFL Live panelists picked Cleveland vs. 49ers in Super Bowl 2018 in Minnesota...c'mon Johnny football lol
Did Doug Flutie play in any Super Bowls?

So any fellow niner fans have any predictions for this season? I see 11-12 wins. Love the draft picks, feel that Borland, wilhoite and moody can fill in til Navarro gets back and our offensive weapons are stacked.

So any fellow niner fans have any predictions for this season? I see 11-12 wins. Love the draft picks, feel that Borland, wilhoite and moody can fill in til Navarro gets back and our offensive weapons are stacked.

I predict Aldon Smith gets arrested again. I also predict that Harbaugh will complain about something and make a funny face while doing it.

I predict Aldon Smith gets arrested again. I also predict that Harbaugh will complain about something and make a funny face while doing it.
I predict kapernick will dress like a thug rapper.

I wonder if the NFL has a PR school for dummies class!

I predict kapernick will dress like a thug rapper.

He's from Wisco. I'm not saying anything bad about Mr Kapernick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back